Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Cascade

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I just wanna see like a really short thing that says "Hey I know how to make gaps and then make guys jump across those gaps"

Get a shovel, dig a hole, then jump across it.

That will show em. Not really though.

I wonder how far this will get before it dies?

Posted

I wonder how many video game "projects" there are on these forums that never left idea-thread phase

Posted

Yeah, see? That's my point. That's why I want to see them actually make a basic game before we do anything. They don't have to add characters or backgrounds or anything. It can just be a red dot that moves and jumps.

Not saying I haven't enjoyed the idea of making a game for a while. I don't know anything about programming, so maybe I'll look up a game maker someday.

Posted

pheo me doing this (jumping across platforms) probably wouldn't take much time for the record

but right now there is college so you know

Posted

that is my point my point my point

my pointy my point my point

my point my point my point

my pointedy dointy poiny

Posted

Why you forget the leading man? =(

Posted

lol chase

you can be an offscreen character with "CHASE" written across your back. So it's like wherever the characters go, they're following(CHASING) you, therefore making you the leading man.

There will only be glimpses of you in almost a fourth wall break style.

I mean, since you "ran" from the forums, with occasional posting, I think this actually makes sense on multiple, concrete levels.

Like wow.

Also, as it stands, I think T1G probably knows more about programming than I do. He actually has classes he has to adhere to, whereas I have my very sporadic willpower and motivation combined with a couple books to work with.

Sahaqiel

Posted

"I'm pheo"

"I'm too good to ever respond to what Saha says."

:<

Posted

Lol that's pretty funny actually.

Posted

Well if you'd rather not make a platformer, then GOSH. I think that if it turns out t1g is capable though, and he wants to make a game from one of my concepts, Then you should join us. I doubt I'd be keen on ad hoc inserting hnet people into one of my concepts, though.

Posted

RPG>Platformer. I'm all for Mario-ish but this thing needs to have an awesome story if we want anyone besides ourselves to play it. Plus I'd like to enjoy it.

Posted

Sahaqiel it would be a valuable learning experience for all of us if we teamed up at some point

also i am thinking about applying for an internship with microsoft since they apparently take loads of interns from here

Posted

lol

ZD Users should definitely be some kind of disposable enemy.

Posted

I want to be in this as a love interest.