Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stupid lines youve cried over

33 posts in this topic

Posted

like it says, stupid lines (or anything, really) in TV/movies/comics/books/whatever that have made you cry. you dont have to have sobbed uncontrollably, and i guess simply "tearing up" could count, but its best if a tear literally left your eye and moved a little down your face.

bonus points for really dumb lines.

ill go first...

"pika pi! PIKA PIIIIIII!" (pokemon first movie)

"i brought you some peaches, sanzo..." (saiyuki)

"i caught all these fish....i thought we could eat them together...." (saiyuki)

"dont cry, plue--we're rave's warriors....i will become stronger!" (Groove Adventure Rave)

heh....out of context, these seem /horrible/

Posted

Peaches...

-bawling-

-double flashback-

OH GAWD IT'S LIKE THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF UP ALL OVER AGAIN T_T

Posted

Not a line but the moment you hear "I can't stop loving you" in Metropolis... I used to through fits over that scene when I was younger.

Posted

spoilerrific stuff

Posted

I dunno what metropolis is, but I checked it out on youtube and I guess it looks good? I dunno. I still wanna see berserk.

HA HA I'M OFF TOPIC I dunno what makes me cry in movies.

Posted

good music paired with sentimental moments usually get me (see: Up, Toy squidding Story 3, Spirited Away)

Posted

Metropolis is based off a comic by Osamu Tezuka, so it's kinda considered a classic.

Posted

-just flashbacking and crying at everything now. Thanks Chimetals-

Posted

"I AM NOT A GUN"

"YOU STAY. I GO. NO FOLLOWING"

"SUPERMAN..."

the Iron Giant is quite possibly the only movie where Vin Diesel can voice a gigantic robot from outer space and make me cry.

Posted

Seconding The Iron Giant.

Also, lol, most all of my examples are from Japon music. Why.

"That summer day,

Those sparkling stars

Even now I still remember.

That laughing face,

And that angry face,

I really loved them."

"I loved it; I felt like crying

I loved it; I loved it"

"Even if I'm responsible for all that grief, it's fine

I don't need your sympathy

Wherever I am, whoever I'm with

I just want to be alone"

"Unreliable, unattainable

Getting worried, sleepless

I made a loud noise: ‘Don’t leave me’

Saying ‘I won’t leave you’, be by my side always

Don’t leave me"

Just, the way these are sung always tear at me. ): Really hardcore. The first two are about unrequited love, though the first one bears more feelings of nostalgia and regret, and it's just a clustersquid of SAD.

The second one is about how a girl is frustrated that she can't get her feelings across, and her behavior is misunderstood. It uses a comparison between mandarins and oranges; that even though they're similar, they're not the same. And even though oranges can be really sour, she eats one whole. Alluding to, like, her and the orange being in the same boat, so it's actually an act of self-pity. This one's a double entendre because "I loved it" and "I love you" are interchangeable here. HRNG.

The third one is about the last surviving dinosaur, and how it tears a path of destruction through some unnamed city. It cries out that it just wants to be alone, but the sad part is in that it can't ever not be alone. I am tearing up squid.

The last one is a bit more obvious. A person went on a journey to regain a love that had left him. In the music video, she straight up runs away from him, and it's slightly more humorous, but the way he sings "Don't leave me" is almost like he's actually screaming in desperation, and fffffff I am going to cry if I keep doing this.

Sahaqiel

Posted

When Pikachu starts crying when Ash turns to stone, and all the Pokemon start joining it, with their cries :'(

Posted

In Airbud, when he leaves buddy on the island.

Posted

There's this 70's sci-fi film called Silent Running. Last time I saw it was probably five years ago, but I remember it being the saddest thing. The saddest, and not just because I was but a mere boy at the time. Legitimately sad.

There's this part of Schubert's Ave Maria that just I don't know man

I know my dad cried when the Enterprise burned up in one of the Star Trek movies.

Madoka :'(

Posted

good music paired with sentimental moments usually get me (see: Up, Toy squidding Story 3, Spirited Away)

oh my god THIS. Whenever I watch those films, I /always/ tear up at some point. So damn great ;;

I could be here forever listing the many shows that have made me sob though, so lol just be warned that if you watch something with me I might end up crying all over you x:

Posted

oh gawd, iron giant....i feel like that one probably got me somewhere, but it was so long ago i dont remember where.