Affirmative Action

43 posts in this topic

Posted

The majority of feminists disagree, because "it's happening to our bodies. We get to choose."

As far as I'm concerned, you murder your baby with an abortion. There are plenty of other legal, safe options that can provide for the baby's welfare.

Posted

Honestly I think 99% of abortion cases are just women scared to death of the pain of childbirth.

All I'm saying is show me a woman paying child support and you'll find one who deserves to make as much as men.

Posted

Give me one good reason to have an abortion.

Posted

I will pay you

Posted

Give me one good reason to have an abortion.

The baby has a high chance of dying during childbirth and even if it lives it will have some bad hereditary disease or something. Also the mother is likely to die during childbirth. Also the child is Anakin Skywalker and his fate is predetermined to be evil or something.

Also your post makes it sound like you are pregnant.

Posted

And in Australia, women actually make more on average than men.

No.

Posted

So the problem is the baby might die during childbirth, and the solution is to kill it? That's some good reasoning there, bro.

If it has a terrible hereditary disease, it has a terrible hereditary disease. Once again, the solution is not to kill the child. What if they develop a cure right after it's born? If you kill the child, you're no better than Dr. Kevorkian. Worse, really.

Anakin Skywalker had a choice. He was not destined to be evil. He chose that path. And may I remind you who ended up killing the Emperor and saving the galaxy? Hmm? It wasn't Luke.

I am pregnant.

Posted

So the problem is the baby might die during childbirth, and the solution is to kill it? That's some good reasoning there, bro.

If it has a terrible hereditary disease, it has a terrible hereditary disease. Once again, the solution is not to kill the child. What if they develop a cure right after it's born? If you kill the child, you're no better than Dr. Kevorkian. Worse, really.

Anakin Skywalker had a choice. He was not destined to be evil. He chose that path. And may I remind you who ended up killing the Emperor and saving the galaxy? Hmm? It wasn't Luke.

I am pregnant.

I meant for the child death and mother death part to be combined so that the mother and child would both probably die.

In any case I'm not very good at arguing and I'm not pro-abortion in the first place so I'm going to quit.

Posted

In that scenario, there really isn't a right answer. If you had to choose between the mother and child, that's up for both the mother and father to decide. Personally, I'd save the mother. It isn't the right decision; it isn't the wrong one either. It's the one I would make. That's just a no win scenario.

Posted

Well I can think of one good reason to get an abortion

Say a girl gets pregnant by rape. She is 14 years old. There is a chance that at her age, giving birth will kill her. I'd argue that abortion is okay in this instance. This was a real issue that I remember reading about a few years ago.

Edit: Posted right as Chase was posting, looks like we agree

Posted

brodongo, do you think it is morally correct to abort a baby because it was the product of a rape? Disregard the fact that she might die due to her age. I just want to know where you stand on that first point.

Posted

No I dont think its morally correct to abort a baby because of rape. I'm generally anti-abortion.

But that's not to say that I don't think that there are exceptions to every rule.

Posted

Of course. I just wanted to see where you stood on that. Now that I know we agree, I also concede that there are exceptions to every rule. Absolutely if the baby, which is a product of a rape, is going to kill the mother, she has every right to save her life. Once again, there isn't a right or wrong in that scenario; everyone loses something. It's her decision whether to save herself or the baby.

Posted

I like how affirmative action was being discussed and then Chase was all "I'd rather talk about abortions" and now abortion is being discussed. Such is the way of the Hnet. Haha :>

Posted

According to J.K. Rowling, Voldemort can't love because his father was under the effect of a love potion when he was conceived.

You can't be serious.