Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Morrowind

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Morrowind has the best music. But the Runescappe style of fighting in Morrowind was rubbish. I played it at my friends house. But I liked, for some reason, the fact that you can't fast-travel.

Posted (edited)

I love Morrowind!!!!!!!! I've beaten the main story (Defeat Dagoth Ur) and beat the Bloodmoon expansion pack. Haven't finished Tribunal, but I don't really like it anyways...

So, yeah. I'm pro at that game. :D

Wow, you've beaten Dagoth Ur and that's not the story. It's about being named the Reincarnate of Nerevar, obtaining Moon-And-Star and destroying the heart of Lorkan.

You can't be "pro" If you don't even know that + I'll bet you havent even completed the Fighters Guild, Mage's Guild, Thieves Guild, Imperial Legion, Imperial Cult, Temple, House of Redoran/Telvanni/Hlaalu, maxed out your skills, done every Daedra Lord, collected all the Daedric pieces(not killing Diyrath(spelling?) Fyr), found all three helmets, slaughtered the Uderfrykte, became a Werewolf, solved the mystery of the tax man in Seyda Neen, became a Vampire and did one of the Vampire Family storylines, built the colony at Ravens Rock, got every Daedra Lord's artifact? DID YOU, NO YOU DIDN'T, YOU'RE NOT PRO, YOU'RE A WANNABE PRO. I have easily clocked over 10,000 hours on Morrowind. I have the right to be called "Pro".

Tribunal is pretty good but, I agree, Bloodmoon was the best out of the two expansion packs

As for the combat, this was made in 2002, obviously Oblivion is superior as with, AI, engine, coding etc but Oblivion has hardly any alternating factions and lack of MANY MANY MANY quests(Morrowind, even without the expansions, 400+ side quests)

Morrowinds music ruled, sadly I've grown out of the game =(

There's something like 2000+ individual books, have you obtained The Egg of Time, Divine Metaphysics and that other one and taken it to Yagrum Baran(correct name?) in Diyrath Fyr's basement?

And that's the magic about Bethesda's RPG games, it's better knowing nothing and working to find out stuff rather than having a boring gameplay where you know everything and it's like a grind-fest.

And Frost Giant, Oblivion was published in 2006, Morrowind was published in 2002, the fact that it got 60+ awards says it all. I personally liked the "Runescape" style type of fighting, it felt it was like i was doing something rather than clicking a button or the game playing itself.

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

And Oblivion is much easier in comparison. Morrowind is nails. I wish I had it, but I don't have an Xbox, so I can't even borrow it...

Posted

Yes, the music was great. I actually don't mind the fighting. It was pretty fun and easy to use. If you want to see crappy fighting, try Daggerfall (It's the second one).

And DungeonMaster, I know all that, but I didn't feel like typing it. "Defeat Dagoth Ur" is shorter and that's essentially what you do at the end of the game. Pardon my laziness.

Also DungeonMaster: I haven't done all that, but a lot of it.

Posted

Yes, the music was great. I actually don't mind the fighting. It was pretty fun and easy to use. If you want to see crappy fighting, try Daggerfall (It's the second one).

And DungeonMaster, I know all that, but I didn't feel like typing it. "Defeat Dagoth Ur" is shorter and that's essentially what you do at the end of the game. Pardon my laziness.

HEY ASSHAT, YOU SEEM TO BE: pointing out the obvious.

Posted

My girlfriend's dad has Daggerfall...I could ask him about the fighting.

I just picked up a replacement copy of Morrowind last weekend,and it's really cool.I'm pretty sure that it'll occupy a lot of my time,with it's numerous quests and all.

Seriously.Grow up,kid.No one likes that crap.

Posted

My girlfriend's dad has Daggerfall...I could ask him about the fighting.

I just picked up a replacement copy of Morrowind last weekend,and it's really cool.I'm pretty sure that it'll occupy a lot of my time,with it's numerous quests and all.

Daggerfall? Holy poo, that poo is so rare.

Seriously.Grow up,kid.No one likes that crap.

Go cry.

Posted

Go cry.

Go grow some balls.

Posted

Go grow some balls.

Are you annoyed because I'm not sucking up to you? Aww boo-hoo but this has gone far from the point

I've had 5 replacement copies and i've thought about reinstalling it but as with any FPS the window'd mode sucks.

Posted

Are you annoyed because I'm not sucking up to you? Aww boo-hoo but this has gone far from the point

I've had 5 replacement copies and i've thought about reinstalling it but as with any FPS the window'd mode sucks.

I'm not annoyed because you're not sucking up to me.I don't care if you do or not.

I'm annoyed because you go out of your way to annoy people.You post immature little comments like

You seem to think yourself and the things that you do above everyone else.You are not.It's gotten really old,really quickly.

But yeah.This is off-topic.I wonder what it would be like if a new version of Morrowind came out for the 360 with updated graphics and the fighting system from Oblivion...

Posted

Quit your bickering ladies. This is a Morrowind topic. And you dare soil it's greatness with your ugly little words?

Anyway, does Morrowind have fast travel? If not, Morrowind is the greatest. And dragons and crossbows and loads of brilliant stuff they kept out of Oblivion. Does it have any of those?

Posted

Quit your bickering ladies. This is a Morrowind topic. And you dare soil it's greatness with your ugly little words?

Anyway, does Morrowind have fast travel? If not, Morrowind is the greatest. And dragons and crossbows and loads of brilliant stuff they kept out of Oblivion. Does it have any of those?

Morrowind doesn't have fast travel.It's pretty cool without it,forcing you to actually get out and see the world,but fast travel saves me a tremendous amount of time...

I don't mean updating it with fast travel.Just the graphics and fighting...

You sort of have fast travel,though.You have to pay to go to certain towns if you want to fast travel.You ride to them on this giant bug called a silt strider.It's pretty cool.

Posted

Yeah, Silt Striders are cool. There's no cutscenes of them moving though.

Posted

It would be pretty cool but I don't think Bethesda will do it. It'd have to be fanmade

Posted

It would be pretty cool but I don't think Bethesda will do it. It'd have to be fanmade

Yeah,they'd much rather just work on a new game.

What I like about the fighting,though,is that it gives everything a chance to kill you.In Oblivion,a rat is nothing.You could kill a rat with your fists in Oblivion.

In Morrowind,however,I was killed by a rat in my early levels.I kept on swinging and swinging,and none of my attacks connected.I died.