1yAXO.png

Posted

whats the collision handling method

Posted

separate chaining duhh

Posted

oh man i totally finished the web server

unfortunately i do not yet know of a method for showing it off to you guys

and even if i had one i would have to be running the server for you guys to look at it

Posted

lol what are you all on about??? i have no idea where this is going lol

Posted

oh hi topic

I've started learning Java in Javaclass, and the syntax and everything is pretty much C so nothing's too new at this point. The biggest thing will probably be the libraries, which I hear do everything for you, which is pretty nice I guess but also kind of suspicious. They might come after my family. Apparently we're going to write an INTERNET CHAT PROGRAM for this class, so that'll be cool

I was trying to find an IDE, so I downloaded Eclipse because it seemed like that's what everyone around me was using. I haven't had any problems with it yet, and it's a lot more descriptive with its error messages and everything than what I'm used to so that's good.

SPEAKING OF ERROR MESSAGES, goodness I love ghc. This is the error message for trying 'a' > 3

No instance for (Num Char)

arising from the literal `3'

Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Num Char)

In the second argument of `(>)', namely `3'

In the expression: 'a' > 3

In an equation for `it': it = 'a' > 3

just the very fact that it uses the words "arising" and "namely" is so endearing, so verbose '~'

Posted

I know no one uses this topic anymore, but :<

well, no one but me

I will use it to document my programming adventures

I just functionally solved an old Code Jam problem in Haskell (http://code.google.c.../dashboard#s=p0), and I felt pretty good about that until I realized I COULD JUST HAVE REPLACED THE PARENTHESES WITH BRACKETS AND TREATED THEM AS REGULAR EXPRESSIONS

http://pastebin.com/aYx44bRv the messiest code, the worst variable names

(edit: I'm dumb and like five lines could be shaved off that even without regexes http://pastebin.com/kkLy2sCe I'm pretty lame, sorry applicative functors for ever doubting you)

Posted

I have a friend who swears by Java. I think the reason he likes it is because it's easier to write a GUI in Java than C++, or something. My Java experience is very limited.

C++ isn't a terrible language to learn, and since it's C based (like Java) it really won't be that bad, should you decide to look into it.

I took a C++ class last semester, and I was absolutely miserable. It was poorly run, and I lost both of my partners by the end. As far as the programming itself goes, however, it was pretty fun.

Posted

I have a friend who swears by Java. I think the reason he likes it is because it's easier to write a GUI in Java than C++, or something.

That is the most goddamn casual thing I've heard this week.

Posted

Hi, topic.

main = do

let 2 + 2 = 5

print (2 + 2)

a legitimate Haskell program that produces the output "5"

Posted

I am planning on making a game over this Summer in Python xD I have no idea what kind of game so feel free to throw ideas at me :D

Posted

Can you program yet? Just work on something simple, first.

Posted

There is a book called 'Invent your own Computer Games with Python' and I am following that. I am developing whilst learning. Kind of.

Posted

Good luck :)

Posted