Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Denno Coil is real

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol not really but I thought that when I heard about the new google glasses. Good idea or bad?

Personally I think people are gonna run into things and get hit by cars a lot more often once these are released.

Posted

People talking to themselves: then and now

1. Mad people
  2. People on phones
  3. People on headsets
  4. People talking to their glasses

Anime_shades.png

Maps of shops

No that wont be happening

Coming up: Shop view

Ukulele, hipsters, COFFEE, SUNSETS OVER CITYSCAPES.

Christ this is too tumblr for me I'm out.

Posted

man you got my hopes up for Densuke and instead i get this

Posted

I'd like a pair of these though, if only for the gps and photo features.

I can't see myself wearing them unless most people do too, though.

Posted

i dont want these unless it turns out they are actually dennou coil

satchiis and all

Posted

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want

needs some tweaks, but as a whole, i could so go for a HUD irl. on everything. i mean, just from geocaching with my dad, when using the handheld gps, it feels like a little minimap, and just.....it feels natural, somehow. i dont think the older generations could handle these, though. and the vocal bit, i dunno. its bad enough with the ear pieces and people talking to themselves, but at the same time, if they can get the recognition to actually work, it would be the easiest way to interface with it. if the music is ipod based, though, just......urghhhhhhh. it felt a lot like an ipod commercial.

Posted

if the music is ipod based, though, just......urghhhhhhh. it felt a lot like an ipod commercial.

Elaborate on this?

Posted

This is cool and stuff, but I'm not sure what these would do that smarttelephones don't already do (other than help you pet dogs). Sure, you have the little layout of the bookstore so he can find his way around instead of, like, figuring it out, but developing that for a new technology like this would take the same amount of work as - if not more than - developing it for the phones people already have.

Also, how would you even video chat with glasses. Do two people with these just look into each other's vision?

AT THE SAME TIME, it's Google, and they're pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having a pair if there weren't suddenly a social stigma associated with it.

They call those kids glassers

Posted

The difference mainly is you constantly wear these. A smartphone isn't attached to you in any way. So you won't miss a call because your "phone was on silent" because you're wearing your phone. On your face.

I think video chatting would be reserved for camera->glasses rather than glasses->glasses. But yeah, you could share what you're seeing with someone else's glasses. Which is kinda neat.

Posted

I would wear them, then I would set my sword to B.

Also, cool concept. idk about battery life though. They seem to handle pretty crazy stuff.

The HUD blocking your whole vision thing, though. Like lol.

Visual AND audio distractions, on the go!

Sahaqiel

Posted

man you are just going to run into shit

wait suddenly this sounds amazing

Posted

As long as there are apps that turn everybody into Winnie the Pooh I don't care. If I get mugged I can just laugh it off.

Posted

Obviously illegal in the classroom. Unless they looked just like regular glasses...I don't really know how they'd check for that.

As long as there are apps that turn everybody into Winnie the Pooh I don't care.

LARPing would be so much better with these. You could Skyrim for real.

Posted

Elaborate on this?

i mean like how some headphones are designed for interface with ipod. like, if they have volume, or a mic, but its ipod-specific. basically, if you had any other mp3 player, its useless. i really cant see them having storaage big enough on those things to hold a decent enough size of music, so id assume theyd have to plug into something, somewhere. but if the only musical thing they can interface with is an apple product, then, ugh.

Also, how would you even video chat with glasses. Do two people with these just look into each other's vision?

from the video, the camera on your end points out to whatever youre looking at.

Obviously illegal in the classroom. Unless they looked just like regular glasses...I don't really know how they'd check for that.

remember the part where he met up with his friend, after hi friend shared his location info with him? his friend had some pretty conspicuous hipster glasses on. though i would think that the apps and such would be visible from the outside, as well. and if its operated on voice command, in a silent test room.....

Posted

I'm sure you could put it on silent mode or something.