The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

News has finally began to trickle in concerning ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D series. A cast breakdown has surfaced and the descriptions kind of give some clue as to the direction S.H.I.E.L.D will take.

Skye:

This late 20's woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident with the ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

Agent Grant Ward:

Quite the physical specimen and "cool under fire", he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He's a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he's the kind of guy that grows on you.

Agent Althea Rice:

Also known as "The Cavalry" this hardcore soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her a little quiet and damaged.

Agents Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons:

These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other's company. Their sibling-like relationship in reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies. She deals with biology and chemistry he's a whiz with the Technical side of weaponry.

Does this or does this not sound like the characters from NCIS?

Skye sounds like Kate (and Ziva), Grant is Tony, Althea is Gibbs, Leo is McGee and Jemma is Abby.

I'd like to see a few well known Agents pop up from time to time. Agent Sitwell (who was in "The Consultant short film and The Avengers. He's monitoring the Camera feeds that locate Loki in Germany), Agent Clay Quartermain and Agent Jimmy Woo.

Posted

Filming of Iron Man 3 has resumed in Miami Florida and someone has snapped a picture of the Iron Patriot Armor and the new Extremis Armor. If I could post pictures I'd post it, perhaps someone can post it for me.

Posted

post-16469-0-14245600-1349223104_thumb.j

Posted

Ahh cool, thanks to the both of you.

Posted

Yes, the third movie is based on "Iron Man: Extremis" in which Tony injects an unstable Technovirus called Extremis into himself to better control his armor. He must battle an insane scientist who has become a living weapon due to Extremis.

Posted

The Mandarin's Makluan rings are products of advanced alien science. They once powered the star drive of a Makluan starship belonging to Axoon-Kar. In addiition to his rings Tem Borjigin is an Omega level genius on par with Tony Stark and Reed Richards as well as a skilled Martial Artist.

Posted

I think the rings will be more symbolic in The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Posted

In Iron Man the Terrorist leader Raza wears a ring on a chain around his neck also his group is known as the Ten Rings. Tem Borjigin "The Mandarin" wears ten rings.

Posted

With the start of production on "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" upon us. The producers are looking for a leading lady to play Steve's unnamed love interest *Cough Sharon Carter*.

Five actresses are being considered for the role:

1. Alison Brie (Annie Edison of NBC's "Community)

2. Emelia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen on "Game of Thrones)

3. Jessica Brown Findlay (Lady Sybil Crawley on Downton Abbey)

4. Teresa Palmer (#6 in I Am Number Four)

5. Imogen Potts (Amy in Fright Night)

Which of these Actresses would you like to see as Captain America's main squeeze?

Posted

BRIE! BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

Posted

BRIE! BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

My choice as well. Or Emelia Clarke who believe it or not is dating Family Guy's Seth McFarline.

Posted

It seems that Marvel's next film "Guardians of the Galaxy" is turning heads in Hollywood and one well known actor is interested. Actor Michael Rooker (Merle Dixon on AMC's The Walking Dead) has made his intentions known. He wants to voice Rocket Raccoon, the Guardians Foul mouthed, gun totting anthropamorphic Raccoon.

Posted

Some bit of Marvel Trivia today peeps.

Marvel's next animated feature has been announced it's called "Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes Unite". In this exclusive story "mildly" inspired by the bond that forms between them in "The Avengers" Tony Stark (Adrian Pasdar, Nathan from Heroes) and Bruce Banner (Fred Tatascorie) team up to stop the energy monster Zzzax.

This is not the first time they have worked together, Pasdar has played Tony Stark in The Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man and Tatasciore has played Hulk in Marvel's various animated fare since 2000 (Avengers and Ultimate) included.

Posted

It seems that director Guillermo Del Toro's (Hellboy) planned Hulk tv series as stalled over at ABC. The series which would've harkened back to the Hulk series of the 70' and 80's was to have Banner travel accross the country evading General Ross while helping people and trying to cure himself. Del Toro is saddened by this but he's looking to the future. He plans to adapt another book for television and already has four possibilities, Daredevil high on his list.

Posted

Poor dude. I've been waiting on that final hellboy movie, but apparently he doesn't want to do it because doing it would be ending the hellboy series, and that series isn't ready to end yet, so he's holding off.