The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

II haven't gotten the final issue of Spider-Men yet, I forgot to preorder it from TFAW and had to do it after it's release.

Posted

Some Marvel movie news today folks.

It seems that Mark Millar has taken his position as "Comics Consultant" for 20th Century Fox quite serious.

In a recent interview with "SFX" Millar talked about the "X-Men: First Class" sequel "X-Men: Days of Future Past".

"[Director Matthew] Vaughn is going for a big Sci-Fi thing with it [Days]. You've got Robots, Time Travel, Superheroes, everything in one film! It's like The Terminator meets X-Men."

If you haven't read "Days of Future Past" you really should pick it up. It's a small story about a dystopian future where most of the X-Men are dead and only Kitty Pryde can change events.

In other news, as recently reported actress Shailene Woodley has been cast as Mary Jane Watson in Mark Webb's sequel "Amazing Spider-Man 2". But seeing as Peter's Girlfriend Gwen Stacy still lives Woodley's MJ role will be brief, but it'll be bigger as she moves into the girlfriend role in the proposed 3rd film following Gwen's death.

And last but certainly not least "The Amazing Spider-Man #700 has just been made available for preorder. This is the final issue of Amazing and will feature Peter Parker's departure from the role of Spider-Man before he is replaced by an as yet unnamed character as Superior Spider-Man (Thanks go to Miss All Sunday for pointing out that bit of missed news on my part).

Stay tuned for more information on Superior Spider-Man as it becomes available.

Posted

Gwen's going to die what the puppy

Why do they spoil the movies like this so openly

Posted

Gwen Stacy died years ago in the comics. Green Goblin tossed her off the Queensborough bridge and spidey webbed her leg to catch her. But the force of him stopping her snapped her neck. She died in Peter's arms.

Posted

Shit man

Posted

II have a poster that's a reproduction of the splash page of Spidey Cradling a dead Gwen in his arms.

Posted

Gwen's going to die what the puppy

Why do they spoil the movies like this so openly

oh my god its like you dont even know.

Posted

Take this with a grain of salt but I have just been made aware that Superior Spider-Man will be Phil Urich who is currently the Hobgoblin.

Posted

WHAT? where did you hear this???

Posted

A friend on Facebook, as I said take it with a grain of salt......a boulder sized grain of salt.

Posted

i saw it as speculation on another site. I forget which though.

Posted

i saw it as speculation on another site. I forget which though.

Wild speculation, he's the Hobgoblin for cripes sake. Why would The Hobgoblin become Spider-Man.

Posted

The Iron Man 3 glimpse..wow talk about lame. Was that even worth posting, should've just waited until Tuesday when the full trailer gets released.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I posted it for the same reason that this was released. It's a sneak peak. I personally apologize and take full responsibility for this post.

I don't even understand how a person with your rich library of posts can even type the words "was that even worth posting"

Oh Snap!!

I personally liked the sneak peek. I'd have posted it myself but I went to work early. I had to be there because they were firing someone and they were worried about him causing a scene.

In some Marvel news Tom Hiddleston (Loki) has been spotted on the Icelandic set of Thor 2: The Dark World. Reports claim he was amid 100 extras standing in for some type of Army.

In S.H.I.E.L.D tv news acctress Summer Glau has been very vocal lately that she wants in on the new series from her friend and collaborator Joss Whedon. Glau who has appeared in his previous works Firefly and Dollhouse would like to portray an agent even if it's just a guest spot. Glau can currently be seen as Technopathic gebius Skyler on Syfy 's "Alphas".

Posted