The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that the first news of The S.H.I.E.L.D tv series has come to light. Actress Ming-Na Wen who has been seen in such shows as Stargate Universe and Eureka has been cast as S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Melinda May who doesn't have a comic counterpart. In the recent breakdown the character was known as Althea Rice an expert pilot and hand to hand combatant who has psychological issues stemming from traumas in her past.

Posted

Some HUGE news my Marvelous Nerd brothers and sisters. It turns out that 20th Century Fox's "The Wolverine" is not a prequel after all. This Heroshima sized news bomb comes days after it was revealed that X-Men costar Famke Jansen had been seen on the Japan set alongside Hugh Jackman. Early speculation put "The Wolverine" in the timeframe sometime after "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and before the first X-Men film. But now it seems that it'll actually occur after X-Men: The Last Stand, aka the 3rd crappy one. This makes it the latest entry in the X-Men Cinematic Saga.

If you're confused by this, here's a handy breakdown of the X-Films in Chronicle order.

X-Men First Class

X-Men: Days of Future Past (in Developement)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

X-Men

X-Men 2

X-Men: The Last Stand

The Wolverine (Filming now)

Untitled X-Men Sequel (in Development)

As previously reported 20th Century Fox has hired Mark Millar to somehow come up with a way to connect all these various visions and events into one Universe, seems they want to pull an Avengers of their own. I'm curious to see how they do it.

Posted

Such a huge clusterpuppy.

Posted

Yeah I don't envy Mark Millar, he certainly has his hands full. That Mishigas would drive anyone insane.

Posted

Not much news to report today so I give you more "Little Known Marvel facts".

1. The Marvel Universe exists on a Shifting Timescale meaning for every four years that passes in reality only one passes in the Comics.

2. When Wolverine was first introduced (in the pages of Incredible Hulk #181 July 1974) he was not a mutant. Co-creator Len Wein had envisioned him as a simple Superhuman agent with Metal Claws that extended from his gloves. It wasn't untill Giant Sized X-Men #1 in 1975 that Wolverine was revdealed to be a Mutant.

3. Many Comic Characters have Double Initials. Peter Parker, Miles Mirales, J. Jonah Jameson, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, Scott Summers,

4. Captain America....a ripoff. A year before Cap socked Hitler in the jaw MLJ Comics introduced their own Star spangled hero named "The Shield". Like Cap Joe Higgins was exposed to a Super Soldier serium that turned him into a peak human specimen. He went into battle in can American Flag inspired suit complete with shield. But where Cap held his "The Shield's" Shield was part of his costume, protecting his upper torso down to his crotch. When Captain America came out a year later the Similarities weren't lost on MLJ and the tried to force Marvel (then Timley) to stop production. Marvel instead redesignes Caps shield to the more recognisable round.

5. The Most powerfull Mutant is...a child? It's true, while Mutation normally presents itself at Puberty one Mutant was born with his powers. Franklin Richards the Mutant son of Reed and Sue Richards has amazing powers that can warp reality itself.

Posted

5. The Most powerfull Mutant is...a child? It's true, while Mutation normally presents itself at Puberty one Mutant was born with his powers. Franklin Richards the Mutant son of Reed and Sue Richards has amazing powers that can warp reality itself.

So he's the Scarlet Witch? Although i guess her reality warping powers aren't from her mutation.

Posted

So he's the Scarlet Witch? Although i guess her reality warping powers aren't from her mutation.

No, Franklin is much more powerful than Wanda. He's an Omega level Mutant on par with Jean Grey, Legion, Iceman and Rachael Summers.

Posted

Merry Marvel Discussion Forum

Topic #1: Can the new Spider-Man be added to The Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Last Summer saw thhe release of The Amazing Spider-Man, a reboot of the Spider-Man franchise over at Sony. This film was a new take on the character with a storyline grittier that the Sam Raimi Trilogy. In the movie Peter is bitten by a spider that activates some dormant genetic engineering done to him by his father. This process called "Cross species genetics" plays an important role in the creation of The Lizard thhe films villain.

I posit that (aside from obvious copyright laws and studio hiccups) it would be quite easy to add Spidey to The MCU. Much of the MCU revolves around recreating Project Rebirth (Super Soldier Project) I think the whole Cross Species program can be seen as a way of duplicating that experiment. Much like Banner's experiment in Gamma Radiation turned him into The Hulk the Cross species experiment turned Peter into Spider-Man.

Posted

Yes Wolverine and Captain America did indeed meet in World War II. This was before he lost his memory and before Weapon X. He was "Lucky" Jim Howlett a Canadian Special Forces officer who had a knack for emerging unscathed from bad situations (his healing factor played a big role in that).

The first time Rogers met Wolverine he addressed him as Jim but Wolverine had no idea what he was talking about (he has since regained all his memories).

Posted

I mean i get that Franklin is omega class, but since Wanda is more than just a mutant, and that her primary reality warping powers come from demon magic or something, wouldn't they at least rival in power? Like, power origins aside, Franklin and Wanda basically have the same power. And Wiccan to a lesser extent.

Posted

I saw the captain america movie (mediocre) and wolverine wasn't in it. I can't help but wonder how they're going to make that work.

Posted

That's because Fox owns X-Men, not Disney. And they wont merge, at least any time soon. Gosh pay attention.

Posted

Exactly, before Marvel started producing their own films (all Disney does is Distribute them) they sold the rights to other studios. 20th Century Fox bought Daredevil, Fantastic Four and X-Men. Sony Bought Spider-Man and Lionsgate bought Punisher.

A couple Mediocre films later Fox let Daredevil lapse and the rights reverted back to Marvel, as did Lionsgate with the Punisher. As such Marvel is already prepared to add both characters to the Cinematic Universe. Mark Millar a comic writer Fox hired to make sense out of the Chaos that is the X-Men franchise wants Fox to allow Marvel to use the X-Men in the Cinematic U as well (good luck with that!).

Posted

I mean i get that Franklin is omega class, but since Wanda is more than just a mutant, and that her primary reality warping powers come from demon magic or something, wouldn't they at least rival in power? Like, power origins aside, Franklin and Wanda basically have the same power. And Wiccan to a lesser extent.

Posted

In addition to reality warping Franklin Richards can:

Manipulate Energy

Alter Molecules

Psionic Abilities

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Precognition

I think this makes him far Superior to Wanda Maximoff.