The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay cool, I'll deff check that out if i ever get the opportunity. So as of a few mins ago, I became caught up with Avengers pre-Infinity. So yeah issues 1-17. I'm so excited to start reading Infinity. I heard the story is pretty great and Jim Lee's art is <3. Infinity #1 is over 100 pages too! YAY!

I should probs read New Avengers first too. I might might might do that,

Posted

Have you read the Infinity Gauntlet?

Posted

I think I've read part of it. Not 100% sure if wut i read was wut you are referring to.

Googled it, and no, i havent.

Think i read part of "Infinity Quest" or something. If thats even a thing. lol

Posted

Uhhh, its a somewhat related silver surfer story set before it. You should read Infinity Gauntlet. Its one of the best marvel Events written, and the art is gorgeous. Its also the definitive thanos story

Posted

Okay, also, is Secret Wars any good? That's the one where they all go to Battle Planet and fight each other, right? Where Spider-Man gets the black suit? 

Posted

Secret wars is fun. Its basically like a huge puppyoff crossover with EVERYONE. And it has some great bits with doom and the beyonder and all that. Its a good thing to have read, gets mentioned every once in a while.

Posted

I know a lot of people are tired of the Hero vs Hero events, but I think they are fun. Though I do wonder what the villains do during these stories lol.

Posted

Its technically the first kind of these big many part events. Crisis was planned first, but Secret Wars came out first.

Posted

Yeah i meant Hero vs Hero events in general. I put Secret Wars 1 and 2 and Infinity Gauntlet on my Amazon wish list.

Posted

Uhhh, 2 is kinda unnecessary. You can go for it if you really like. Its not that Hero vs. Hero events are inherently bad, but when they literally come the week after the last one they start to lose their effect. If you don't take a narrative break to just take a breath and look at what you've got, instead of changing the status quo nonstop at a breakneck speed, it makes people weary. For instance, I love Dark Reign. A lot. Its not an event, its a roughly year long status quo and some fantastic comics came out of it. Their were small things that happened during it, but I'd hardly call Utopia or siege Balls to the wall events. Really, just the mid and end point of Dark Reign. Heroic age was doing something similar, but it sort of had the stink of, this is totally gonna get stomped on by some huge event. And it did. By a bunch of Hammers.

Posted

Lol yeah i agree, completely. 

So here is something-

Who is your favorite Hero?

Who is your favorite Villain?

Who is your favorite Character? (regardless of hero/villain status or power, or even if they are heroes or villains)

What is you favorite Marvel Power Set? (as in, favorite character based on powers alone)

Favorite Story-line?

Favorite Event?

Favorite Series (Past)?

Favorite Series (Current)?

for me:

Favorite Hero? Wiccan

Favorite Villain? Hobgoblin/Goblin Knight (Phil Urich) 

Favorite Character? Hulkling

Favorite Marvel Power Set? Scarlet Witches' or Silver Surfer's. Go OP or go home haha.

Favorite Story-line? Loving this reality jumping story that Young Avengers has going on. Reality jumping and time traveling are so fun!

Favorite Event? Spider-Island with Children's Crusade as a close second.

Favorite Series (Past)? Young Avengers vol 1

Favorite Series (Current)? All-New X-Men, with Superior Spider-Man coming back in near the top of my list.

Posted

I assume we're just talking Marvel? I'll do a Dc one too if you like.

Who is your favorite Hero? Spiderman

Who is your favorite Villain? Thanos

Who is your favorite Character? (regardless of hero/villain status or power, or even if they are heroes or villains) Doctor Doom

What is you favorite Marvel Power Set? (as in, favorite character based on powers alone) I'm a sucker for a cosmic flying brick, like a nova or quasar

Favorite Story-line? Kraven's Last hunt, I think, its the best most recent thing i've read off the top of my head

Favorite Event? Infinity War, probably. Sequel to Gauntlet, I like it more than I like Gauntlet actually.

Favorite Series (Past)? Lee Kirby Fantastic four

Favorite Series (Current)? I think probably Thor god of thunder, or maybe scarlet spider. A shame the latter is on the precipice of cancellation.

Posted

Who is your favorite Hero: Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

Who is your favorite Villain: Batroc the Leaper...joking it's Annihilus

Who is your favorite Character: Ganke Lee (Ultimate Spider-Man)

What is you favorite Marvel Power Set: Sentry

Favorite Story-line: Brand New Day

Favorite Event: Spider Island

Favorite Series (Past): The Amazing Spider-Man

Favorite Series (Current): Superior Spider-Man

Posted

Dc then?

Posted

Who is your favorite Hero: Booster Gold

Who is your favorite Villain: Mister Myxlplyx

Who is your favorite Hero: Booster Gold

Who is your favorite Character: Vandal Savage