The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

good-news-everyone-450x315.jpg

Despite a minor dip in Ratings, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D scored a full season pick up today. The episode count was originally 13 but today ABC ordered "The Back Nine" upping the count to 22.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

If graviton shows up in full villain form, it will have sold me. Or any real super villain, actually. I'm enjoying it still anyways.

Posted

The writers were hesitant to mine Marvel's rogues with only a thirteen episode order, but now with a full season order they might use Marvel villains.

Marvel action figures ahoy!

Hasbro_NYCC_2013_9.jpg

S.H.I.E.L.D Mandroid Build a Figure pieces included in the Captain America: The Winter Soldier Figure line.

hr_Hasbro_NYCC_2013_26.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 2 line Green Goblin

hr_Hasbro_NYCC_2013_25.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Electro

hr_Hasbro_NYCC_2013_23.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Black Cat

hr_Hasbro_NYCC_2013_22.jpg

Marvel Masterpieces Superior Spider-Man

Posted

I watched Justice League Flashpoint Paradox the other day and it was pretty great

Posted

I watched Justice League Flashpoint Paradox the other day and it was pretty great

Yeah it was, can't wait for the follow-up "Justice League: War". It's based on the first arc of the new 52 reality created by the Flashpoint Paradox. 

http://youtu.be/9DkKOp45c9U

One of my all-time favorite actors Shemar Moore plays Victor Stone (Cyborg)

Posted

Ahhh snap

After James Robinson got screwed over at Dc, he's coming to marvel with...INVADERS!!!

Like a prequel to the post war adventures of the All winners Squad, the golden age Marvel characters Cap Namor and the original human torch, The Invaders was set in WW2 and featured the character fighting back the forces of the Axis. So this is of course, perfect for Robinson, since he is so very adept at using golden age characters.

I have for the last Month or so, not been getting singles. This has been 1 part being disappointed with DC and 2 parts not having the money, but the end result is that I took some time off. At the beginning of the month I got a job and have been saving up. October 26th is customer appreciation day at my LCS, wherein you roll 5 d6 for a percentage off of your purchase. I'll be rounding out a bunch of trades, and then restart my singles. I'll definitely be getting Invaders and Inhumans, starting with the new Marvel now! thing, and maaaaaaybe one or 2 of my old DC books. I'll probably wait on that.

Posted

In what might be the coolest, weirdest and most outrageously out there storyline ever, IDW publishing is crossing over several of it's titles starting this January with "X-Files the Conspiracy". 

The recently revived Hacktavists, the Lone Gunmen uncover government files from the future that foretell of a devastating pandemic that will kill billions of people. This leads to a massive crossover event featuring FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully Transformers, The Crow, The New & The Real Ghostbusters and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

onspiracy1_by_savantiromero-d6qxkeu.jpg

Posted

Sounds kind of like that "the justice league" movie I heard Del Toro wants to do, where its all the lesser known superheros like john constatine and swamp thing and shit.

Posted

Sounds kind of like that "the justice league" movie I heard Del Toro wants to do, where its all the lesser known superheros like john constatine and swamp thing and shit.

Lesser known.... Its not a Lesser known Dc heroes movie its a supernatural dc heroes movie. Quite a few from the Vertigo imprint.

Also. This is beautiful. No shame in saying it made me tear up

The entire history of Superman animated into 2 minutes.

Posted

Okay, not lesser known, but not the characters you would expect to show up in a justice league movie. Diggity?

Posted

A while back when The Avengers was in post production there was a plan to digitally add the Oscorp Tower from The Amazing Spider-Man into the invasion scenes. Unfortunately the Tower's design wasn't finalised until after post on Avengers was complete. 

Then about a year ago, Marvel and Sony met in secret to see if there was any way they could regain Spider-Man, needless to say the talks fell thru. So alas it looks like Peter Parker will never suit up with the Avengers......

However, as it turns out Marvel might be holding a trump card. While Sony has the rights to Peter Parker, his supporting characters and rogues it turns out Marvel retains the proposed motion picture rights to Ultimate Spider-Man. 

So, do you think Mighty Marvel could be so bold as to release a competing Spider-Man film based on the flagship character of it's Ultimate imprint? 

Only time will tell

ultimate_spiderman_movie_by_ninko_madiso

Posted

Young Avengers is getting super crazy and exciting! Though issue 11 kinda confused me.

still not 100% sure why Loki had to grow up

Posted

This right here, makes me very happy. Phase two is gonna be amazing!!!!!

Posted

Yeah i'm pretty excited too.

Posted

Newest agents of shield was kinda meh. Hope it doesn't stay that way