You in any clubs? Societies? Circles?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

The world is still absolutely minuscule.

On with the thread.

Posted

If I go study in Edinburgh next year I'm going to run into your friends on accident and laugh about it.

In other news I have been considering studying abroad in edinburgh next year for a semester at that art school.

Apparently its a good art school and my parents are willing to pay for me to study abroad soooooo?

Posted

If I go study in Edinburgh next year I'm going to run into your friends on accident and laugh about it.

In other news I have been considering studying abroad in edinburgh next year for a semester at that art school.

Apparently its a good art school and my parents are willing to pay for me to study abroad soooooo?

What art school? Might be the one my brother went to.

Posted

All I remember was that it was one you and cascade told me about, that it was apparently one of the best art schools in the UK and it was in the same city you guys were going to school in. Though right now its just a thought, for all I know I might as well be studying abroad in china or something. Though I doubt I'd do that. Everyone speaks English in Edinburgh, it makes my life easier. Though I've been really considering France a lot. I like france.

And the only reason I'm suggesting this at all is because my dad told me that while studying abroad was an expensive thing, it was something we could afford, would look good on a resume, and he would rather see me do it than look back in ten years and regret not doing it. Doesn't mean anything is official, but I think if I do an internship this summer to show my parents I'm serious about my major then maybe I can do this. It would be cool.

Posted

Me and Cascade live in Dundee. The college we might have mentioned would be Duncan of Jordanstone?

Posted

Pheo we're in Dundee, lol. The art college there is Duncan of Jordanstone. You'd be applying for Edinburgh College of Art then? Although they're both p. good unis for art so I guess it really doesn't matter unless you want to be right next to us.

lol sniped by Teto

Posted

SO UH BACK ON TOPIC

I'm in triathlon club and um. I train for triathlons. I swim 2-3 times a week, run 2 times a week, bike 2 times a week too. And I take a day off.Which means most days I am doing more than one form of exercise. and it sux

my next triathlon is this Sunday!!! and I have another one on the 14th of October

I am also in a kickboxing class at the gym. my roommate from last year convinced me to sign up with her this semester so. we are certified at kicking ass and boxing ass. I kickbox twice a week too :3

and of course, weight training at least once or twice a week. pumpin dat iron

basically I wear my body down to nothing

Posted

Why don't we ever hear stories about things changing hands and becoming better? This is the economic situation I suppose.

actually....

the anime club ive been attending since freshman year (this is my third year) just changed hands to t1g. the previous showings guy graduated, and though its generally acknowledged that hes pulling the strings (a little too noticably? based on what some people have mentioned) the general set up is much better (eg, dont have to watch 6-7 eps to be caught up, and grabbag is the first half, which accommodates latecomers) and the turnout has been nice and consistent. if it keeps going the way its been going, our problem of people dropping after missing a meeting will probably be cured. its a nice thought.

No, lol. They're nice and all, but, noooooooo. Having actual offline friends on here would just be so bizarre for me regarding you know, gender shit lol. so no.

welcome to the awkwardness that is my life :/ it always feels weird when i think "crap, i know X people irl"

eventually i hope to be able to meet a lot of you guys, if not all of you, face to face.

also, i joined two other clubs this year: the main LGBT club on campus, and another one, Out in Science Technology Engineering and Mf*ck i forgot this one aka LGBT club for engineers/sciency people. ive skipped some meetings and attended others, but i made a new friend, which is always awesome :3

Posted

I am the president of our animu club. I like to think it has improved in the way of turnouts and content, since our last president got to a point where literally half the time we'd be watching live action super sentai stuff and he almost never communicated with the other officers, and would waste a lot of time at the end of club looking up Youtube videos everyone's already seen. But hey I'm here, and now we're all good. We cram in discussion and anime as much as possible now, at the very least, and I even got us a half hour more for our meetings.

I unfortunately haven't had enough time to organize the club, but we're coasting by pretty well right now.

Other than that I'm not in any circles/societies/clubs. I simply don't have enough time.

Posted

I'm still thinking about it, but I might join MUSE at my school. From what I hear, its a club for music majors that helps in networking between musicians. As a performer, I know I can't make it alone in the business...since I hardly socialize with the music industry and music education majors; my performance-emphasis keeps me in the practice rooms for most of the day.

Plus, I hear the club also hooks you up with gigs. Sometimes, with pay.

Money is always welcome in my wallet.

Posted

basically I wear my body down to nothing

Implying you're not actually building your body up to something so much more

Implying this isn't one of the casualliest made manliest posts in the history of Hnet

Posted

I am the current Showing Director of the Japanese Animation Club. This means I pick what we watch every week. And then they all watch it, even if they would rather not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgXURgb_bwA

Well everyone likes what I pick for the most part. Except most people keep telling me not to show Popee at the end of meetings and I do anyway.

they also introduced me to munchkin (and various tabletops) and god do I hate that game with a passion :[

Cascade we got to play sometime I am SO GOOD at that game. I won both times I played, and one of those times was a coalition victory, where I was an elf and gained a winning level by helping another player gain a winning level, which just pissed everyone else off.

You should also try Super Dungeon Explorer because that was fun too. You guys could even try to paint the little figurines and stuff.

Of course the game is long and since no one fully understands the rules the rules keep changing every game, sometimes during games.

I totally broke the game on my first turn.

super-dungeon-explore.jpg

Posted

I WOULD HAVE JOINED

Posted

I'M IN

Calvinball1.jpg