Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

(I'm sorry to hear about everything with your grandma and hope she recovers soon. We'll miss you, but we completely understand and look forward to your return!)

I'd be lying if I said that I got a good nights sleep. Between the sounds of wind rattling through our old academy, and Emzy loud snores, it's hard to get any peace. Of course, it isn't helped by the sound of Bryarly's sniffling from the next room... I think she's still a little upset about Link, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I thought about going in and talking to her, but couldn't think of what to say to comfort her. In the end, I just stayed in bed, continuing to stare at the ceiling and wishing that I could sleep.

By the time morning dawns I've only gotten about three hours of sleep but I can't stand to lie in bed any longer, so I get up. It takes me ten minutes to get washed up and dressed. As I make my way into the academy's dining room, I find Bryarly, Karane, and Link sat eating their breakfast and looking a little sleepy. I guess I wasn't the only one who has a rough night.

"Morning," Link says by way of greeting as I approach the table.

"Morning," I reply, addressing it to all of my friends.

"Have you heard?" Karane asks, biting into her toasted bread.

"Heard what?" I ask as I grab an apple from the bowl on the table.

"The headmaster wants to see us all once everyone's up," she says.

"It sounds like a death sentence if you ask me," Bryarly says. "We're going to be in deep deep trouble."

"Maybe..." Link mumbles. "I really hope not!"

Posted

(I hope she recovers soon! And sorry for my absence, I've been so busy lately!)

After a while, everyone is up, and we all head to the headmaster's office. Link steps forward and knocks on his door.

"Yes?" the headmaster asks loudly.

Link opens the door and enters, with us following behind. We all stand in front of his desk, and he looks at us all with a mixture of anger and worry.

"Do you all understand how disappointed I was when I had heard my students had ran off without telling anyone?"

We all look at the ground, ashamed.

"Do you all understand how disappointed I was when I had heard my students had ran off again?"

My cheeks are bright red and I feel sick.

"Headmaster. Can we explain?" Link asks calmly.

I surprises me how his voice doesn't sound anxious, or hesitating at all.

The headmaster lets out a deep sigh, but nods.

Posted

"You have to know that they never wanted me to leave at first," Link explains. "I had to practically beg them to let me leave. In the end they only agreed that I could go if they went with me to make sure I was safe. They were just trying to protect me... and I was just trying to protect Zelda."

There's a few moments of silence, where we all watch the Headmaster hopefully. His eyes are studying us all with an air of sad clarity.

"That's all very well and good, and I understand that you had the right intentions," the Headmaster says, laying his clasped hands down on his desk. "But you went about it in completely the wrong way. You endangered yourselves and my daughter..."

"We're really sorry sir..." Karane mumbles.

The headmaster sighs, looking down a little. "Under normal circumstances, you would have to face the music for breaking my rules. But as I'm sure you're aware, these aren't normal circumstances. I'm willing to let these matters rest on the shelf while we focus on the more pressing situation. Link, you mentioned the Triforce? I have to question why you're asking me about such a sacred part of our history?"

Posted

We all listen to Link who is telling the headmaster the whole story the old lady told us about the Triforce back in the sealed temple.

The headmaster lets out a deep sigh. "Well, first of all, the actual location of the Triforce isn't illuminated in any of the old ancient texts. Its whereabouts are lost to history. It shames me to say it, but my knowledge is of little use on this subject..."

"That's ok professor-" Emzy says.

"I wasn't finished, Emzy," the headmaster says with a tiny smile.

"Sorry..." Emzy says, her cheeks turning pink. 

"What I wanted to say, there is one,whose vast knowledge may be of use. Surely you're all familiar with Levias, the great sky spirit who has guarded our realm for ages?" he asks.

We all nod. "Yes we are," Callia answers.

"Well, if anyone in the entirety of Skyloft were to know about the Triforce, it would be him."

Posted

(Hey everyone! Since I've finally got internet connection again, I just wanted to say that the operation went well and I'll be back home in a few days after she's recovered :) I'm really happy that I didn't need to leave for too long)

"So all we need to do is find Levais!" I say.

"It's not that easy." the headmaster replies, "No-one knows where he is."

"Aww, why?" I mutter, not happy that we have to listen to this guy ramble on even more. I know he's Zelda's dad but seriously, he talks way to much!

"Are you sure there's no-one who knows?" Link asks, desprately.

"Well...Instructor Owlan may know a little more than I do." He replies.

(haha sorry it's short! I promise I'll write longer paragraphs next time. See y'all soon lol)

Posted

"Owlan!" Link calls out as he throws open the door to the professors room.

Owlan looks a little startled as he turns to face us all. He's obviously surprised by our sudden interruption.

"Students!" he exclaims. "You really should knock."

"Sorry professor," I say. "We were wondering if you could help us with something?"

"I'll try my best," he replies.

Pipit and Link take it upon themselves to explain he situation to professor Owlan. He listens intently, with a most befuddled expression on his aging face. Once the boys have finished their story, he sighs.

"Levias resides inside the thunderhead just off of Skyloft. It would have been simple to speak with him and get whatever information you require. But I fear that our old friend hasn't been quite himself of late."

Bryarly frowns. "How so?"

Posted

"Well, he is not the Levias that we all know.... That's... A monster!" Owlan says.

"A monster?" Link repeats.

"Indeed. It certainly looks like Levias, but last time I approached him, he came rushing at me! And his eyes... They were full of malice."

"That's horrible..." Callia says.

"It is... But people change... Or old, wizened creatures change, rather. Perhaps it's more that... he is possessed by something. That's how it felt to me," Owlan says, his voice pitiful.

"We need to talk to him,"  Link says.

"What? That's... impossible. I don't think Levias is capable of listening. Not in his current state, no," Owlan mutters, shaking his head.

"What do we do now?" Emzy sighs.

Posted

"Let's go speak to Leavis and see if we can make him listen to us!" Link says, determined.

"No the Thunderhead is too dangerous!" Owlan says.

"But we need to talk to him!" I say, "It's for our quest!"

Owlan sighs.

"Alright but first I need to know that you are all good enough at flying to lern a spin attack."

Posted

(Hey guys! I'm going to have a short break in my schedule coming up and I was wondering if you wanted me to lend a hand in writing chapters for the fanfic. I'd certainly like to give it a shot :) )

Posted (edited)

(That sounds great Knuckles! You're best speaking with Franne about writing the fanfiction, as she's chief writer at the moment - I'm just editing! I'm sure she'd be happy to let you lend a hand!)

We make our way down the steps of the academy and out into the bright sunshine. Skyloft is as busy as ever, almost as if we never left, though the large thunderhead looks somehow more daunting as we approach the diving platform just outside of school.

"Ok," Owlan says. "This is a very complex move, I normally only teach this to upper classmen, so I'm afraid that for you younger students, this may be a tad trickier. However, I'm sure that working as a team, you'll be able to master the move much more easily."

He briefly describes the move to us all, before instructing us to jump off the platform and call our loftwings. We obey, and it's only a matter of moments before I'm on the back of my strong, powerful bird. We hover as a small cluster just off the edge of Skyloft.

"Ok!" Owlan calls out. "Now, your birds were trained from enrollment to be able to do this move, you just need to give them the right command! What you need to do, it when you want to perform the spinning attack, dig the heels of your palms into the shoulderblades of your birds - that should tell them to twist! Uhh... Emzy, you're a skilled bird rider, show us what you can do!"

Emily nods obediently, and flies off away from us to gain a little momentum. Once she's far enough away, she does as Instructer Owlan told her to, and her bird begins to violently twist through the air like a drill. Emzy whoops with delight as she's flung around a few times, before circling back around and returning to us.

"Very good!" Owlan comments. "Now the rest of you try!"

We all swoop off in different directions, spacing ourselves apart so that we don't hurt anyone. Once I'm sure that I'm far enough away from the rest of the group, I take a deep breath and dig the heels of my palms in. Suddenly the world flips sickeningly as I'm whirled around and around. The blood rushes to my brain and I let out an excited squeal.

As quickly as it happened, it's over, and I'm right way up again. I feel a little dazed and shocked as I swoop around to fly back to the others. Excitement and eagerness bubbles inside of me. It was the kind of thrill that's terrifying, but you can't wait to do it again!

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

(That sounds great! :) Maybe you can send me a PM on fanfiction itself, that's easier :) )

I can see everyone doing the move, only Fledge and Karane having a bit of trouble, but I'm hesitant to do it myself since I'm not that great at flying. I've never been. But, I figure that I have to do it and that there is no way for me not to learn it, so I do as Owlan told us.

I take a deep breath, ignore my heart beating fast against my chest and dig the heels of my palms into the shoulder blades of my loftwing. It starts whirling around and I let out a yelp, scared to fall or to hurt myself or my bird. But then everything is back to normal, though I do feel a bit nauseous...

"That was so awesome!" Callia yells loudly.

"Great job all of you!" Owlan yells to us. It seems that everyone somehow has managed to do it. "You can come back here now!"

Posted (edited)

"Congratulations everyone!" Owlan says, clasping his hands together proudly. "You should all be very pleased with yourselves. Now, if you really do wish to go speak with the great Levias, then I beg a favor of you. Each year I deliver him a large portion of the Lumpy Pumpkins famous soup! But due to the conditions in the thunderhead and his temperment... I am ashamed to say that this year I have failed to do so. Would you deliver the soup to Levias for me? He may even see it as a peace offering!"

Link smiles warmly. "Of course we will Instructor Owlan."

So we set off towards the Lumpy Pumpkin and inform Kina of Owlan's request. It takes a couple of hours for her to cook up the extra large vat of pumpkin soup, which she pours into an over-sized pumpkin for us to take to Levias.

"Uhh..." Bryarly stalls. "Slight logistical issue... how are we meant to carry something so heavy?"

Just at that moment, Fi emerges from Link's sword, ready and baited with an answer. "Master Link, I highly recommend we enlist the services of the robot named Scrapper to help us once again. Would you like for me to call him Master Link?"

We all let out a loud groan. "Not Scrapper," Emzy whines. "He's always complaining, and he's so rude!"

"I guess we don't have any other choice," Link sighs. "Ok, call Scrapper."

As annoying as that little robot may be, it's only a few short minutes before we're swooping into the thunder head with Scrapper tailing just behind us. I recall something Owlan said about leaving the soup on an island with a rainbow, so shout instructions to the others. Within thirty seconds, we're all landing on a small rock with shimmering colors stretched over the top of it.

Scrapper rather unceremoniously drops the vat of soup onto the island with a little whirr-chunk. He makes a hasty excuse before flying off.

"Rude little robot..." Karane mutters under her breath.

"Ok," Fledge says, trying to change the subject. "How do we find Levias to-"

But his voice is abruptly cut off as a low grumbling errupts through the air. The platform below us begins to tremble and shake and the grumbling noise gets louder and louder. We all look around us in confusion and surprise, struggling to maintain our balance.
"WHAT'S HAPPENING?" Emzy yells.

Just at that moment, a gigantic creature zooms out of the sky. His body is humongous, bigger than all of us combined and he swims effortlessly through the air. He has no arms or legs, just useless little stubby flaps and a long tail that could take us out in one fell swoop. Sprouting from deep crevices in his skin are long, wriggling, red creatures with wide gaping eyes.

He swoops low over us, forcing us all to lie on our stomachs or get hit by his sheer force. I cling desperately to the earth as the growls become loud enough to shake me right down to my bones and the creature swoops off into the thunderhead.

"LEVIAS!" I cry, my voice only just loud enough to be heard over his deep growl. "THAT'S LEVIAS!"

"TO THE LOFTWINGS!" Link cries as we all leap to our feet and make a dash for the edge...

Posted

My breathing goes very fast and my hands are trembling while I'm holding my loftwing as tight as I can. Levias is huge, and I fear that we can't defeat whatever is possessing him.

"What do we do?!" Karane cries.

"Try to attack it!" Link yells back.

Emzy dives forward and tries to hit Levias skin hard while using our newly learned flying attack. It doesn't work though, and she's almost thrown of her loftwing.

"Emzy! Are you ok?!" I scream loudly.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" she replies.

"New plan! Attack the eyeballs! That worked before with other monsters too!" Link yells. He does so and it explodes into green pus. Levias screams in pain, shaking his head.

"Great job!" Callia yells at Link. Now Emzy and Pipit dive forward, trying to hit an eyeball. I count four eyeballs and we are with more so I try to wait until they get them, since I would probably screw it up.

Emzy flies straight into one, yelling in disgust as she gets covered in eyeball slime.

Posted

(Epic! This fight reminds me of "Attack on Titan" lol)

Once we get rid of all the eyes, something jumps out of a hole in Levais's head. Then It disappears again.

"What's going on? Why isn't he defeated?" Karane asks.

"Maybe the thing that's possessing him is still inside?" Callia suggests.

Link hesitates for a moment before diving onto the flat part of Leavis's head where we saw something. Suddenly, a strange bat-like creature with one eye jumps out.

"I think this is what was possessing him!" Link says, hitting back strange green things that it's shooting.

"You think so?" I sarcastically ask.

(Haha. That was my failed attempt to use paragraphs while writing on the mobile version XD )

Posted (edited)

"Alright don't get snarky..." he growls as he slashes his sword at the cluster of green gloop. "Just get down here and help me!"

As we all hesitantly jump off our loftwings, one of the balls of green goop hits the creature, temporarily stunning him.

I frown. "He's vulnerable to his own missiles! As long as you volley the attacks to hit him... we can take him down!"

Pipit turns to me, grinning. "You're pretty good at figuring out people's weaknesses..." Unfortunately, in turning to face me, he's looked away from the parasite.

"Watch out!" Karane yelps, but it's too late. Pipit is hit in the arm by one of the sludge balls and knocked down. After a moment on the ground, he begrudgingly gets back to his feet, looking rather disgusted by the slimy stain on his sleeve.

"Are you ok?" Bryarly asks as she rallies another slime ball back at the creature.

"Yeah, I'm ok," Pipit eventually says.

We rally the rest of the attacks in silence, choosing instead to focus on our aim. It's not easy to battle on the back on a moving creature, with the wind whipping at our hair, biting our skin and whistling in our ears. On one occasion, Bryarly almost fell off but she steadied herself just in time. Typical clumsy Bryarly... After a taking a few hits, the creature tends to fall down to the ground, allowing Emzy, who lies in wait, to slash away at his eye.

"He can't have much fight left in him..." Link mutters, growling as he lashes out with his sword at another slime ball. It flies forward, striking the hideous parasite directly in his exposed eye. A moment of tense silence falls over us all... is he going to morph? Transform? Fight back?

Suddenly, the parasite begins spamming and flailing uncontrollably, then his long, weedy body begins to seize and crackle before bursting into a cloud of red droplets.

"Thank the goddess for that..." Emzy mutters, wiping her brow.

Link smiles softly to himself as he sheaths his sword. "Thanks Zelda..." he whispers.