Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As we plummet through the cloud barrier, Fi guides us to the first bird statue that we encountered upon our original arrival. Within about thirty seconds, we've all landed by the statue, with the aid of our sailcloths, and find Zurin already stood waiting for us.

"Good to see you all again," he says, take a few slow steps closer to the group.

"You too," Link replies sincerely. He's quickly become accustomed to the idea of a demon assisting us.

Our pleasantries are quickly exchanged, and Link pulls out his sword and dowsing process begins. It takes us a small while to find the entrance of the Silent Realms. We hop around this lava infested Link while Link waves his sword around and we all listen to it's monotone beep, which slowly becomes more and more infuriating. However, we soon find our way, and arrive halfway up the Volcano assent.

Link produces his harp, and Fi emerges from his sword. The two begin to play a duet of the song that we previously heard in the isle of songs, and yet another flower mark forms on the ground.

"Ok," Leala says once the ritual is complete. "Who's going and who's staying?"

PCK... there is spoilers below. You may not wanna read if you don't want it spoilt...

(I've been thinking, for storyline purposes of the ff... maybe we should have some kind of backstory between Zurin and Ghirahim? They're both Demons, and from Knuckle's first entry it's clear they knew each other before the events of Skyward Sword... some kind of confrontation could begin in Eldin and end after the final battle with Ghirahim... I don't know, I just thought it might add a little excitement to the Eldin section. Thoughts?)

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

(That would be awesome! And sorry if this bit isn't that great, I just didn't want to decide! :P )

"Maybe do the same as last time?" Link suggests.

Everyone starts shifting uncomfortably and looking to the ground. No one really wants to go back into a silent realm. Including me.

"I don't know..." Callia says.

"What if this one is even harder then the previous one?" Karane asks.

"You never know, but this terrain is much more different then the open desert of Lanayru..." Link says. "But err, who's coming? I mean, I have to go, but is there no one coming with me or what?"

"I'll come," Pipit says, standing forward.

"Thanks," Link smiles.

"Me too," I say, trying not to make my voice sound as scared as I really am. I really do not want to go there, but I can't leave Link alone, can I?

Posted

(oh, I have a verrrrrrrry big plot twist in store regarding Zurin and Ghirahim :D )

To everyone's surprise including Zurin's, the demon steps forward to volunteer. "Well, I might be turned to ashes just for trying to enter, but I believe it's worth a shot," he says nervously. With a group of four, the odds look a lot better and Link smiles. "Glad to have you with us! Now, let's see what's waiting in this Silent Realm..."

The hero readies his sword with Pipit, Byarly, and Zurin standing close by trying to look brave. Last time, when the demon saw the sword hit the seal the challengers disappeared, but this was different; the blade made contact with the ground and everything went white around him. For a second he thought he had died, but then his comrades winked into view and a surrounding landscape began to form...

Posted (edited)

(Oh you absolute tease Knuckle!)

We watch as our friends drop into their almost comatose state and silence falls over this blazing hot land.

Emzy lets out a loud sigh. "Are we cowards?"

Fledge shrugs. "Maybe..."

"Don't think about it," I reply, as we settle ourselves down on the ground. In all honesty I had planned to go with them. But I was a little startled by Zurin's offer for assistance, and never managed to speak up before they all entered the Silent Realm. It doesn't matter anyway, it's not like I wanted to go.

I pass around a bottle of water from my adventure pouch and everyone takes a sip to keep them hydrated in this sweltering heat. We talk about what still lies ahead, where we might be heading next and where we think Zelda could have gotten to. While the others continues to converse I cast my gaze up the volcano side. For just a second, I swear I see a sparkle of dark red out of the corner of my eye near to the heated caverns in the volcano. I squint to try and get a closer look, but it's gone as fast as it came.

"Are you alright?" Karane asks.

I nod quickly. "Yeah... I just... thought I saw something..."

"It was probably nothing," Fledge says, squeezing my hand.

(And now you guys can get on with the Silent Realm!)

Posted

(I'm super curious too!)

"Let's split up. Everyone on their own?" Pipit suggests.

"What? No!" I yell.

"Bryarly, that way it will go way faster," Link says, giving me a smile.

"But... Fine," I say. I am not happy with this, and my heart is already pounding like crazy. My whole body is trembling slightly, but I have to be brave. For Link.

"I'll go to the passageway in front of us, Zurin, you go to the volcano entrance with Pipit, and Bryarly, you go up the massive wind gust to our right. Understand?" Link says.

We all nod.

"Good luck," we all say to each other.

I inhale deeply and stand ready. Link sighs and runs out of the circle. The sky turns blood red like the previous time and the guardians awaken and their heavy footsteps make me cringe in fear. My whole body trembling doesn't help either. Someone must have gotten a tear already because the sky turns into an eerie blue again.

I jump into the wind gust like Link told me to do, and up into a passageway there lays a red tear. I grab it and go to the other way. I gasp in fear. It's a sand slide. I inhale, and sit down. It goes very fast, and my heart feels like its going to jump out of my chest when I see there is waking water everywhere. I lean to my right, and grab a tear, but I also touch some of the waking water.

"NO!" I yell, and I almost burst out in tears. The slide finishes, and I fall down, where there is a giant guardian waiting for me with its axe.

"BRYARLY RUN!" Link yells who sees that I'm in trouble. He runs towards a tear, but its so far away. 

I however, stay on the ground, paralyzed.

"BRYARLY!" Link screams as the guardian raises his axe and I pray to the goddess. For my friends. For my life.

The axe hits me with full force, though I don't really feel pain. My soul flies up into the sky, shattered in pieces.

Its over for me.

Its over.

Posted

The rusty sky and intense atmosphere ends in a moment after Zurin and Pipit heard Byarly's scream. Once again everyone is standing at the start of the realm, shaken from the catastrophe. "I must admit, this sort of trial is not my forte," the demon says. After taking a blow from the guardian, Byarly doesn't speak but everyone can see she feels worse than Zurin. "Maybe we should rethink our strategy..." Pipit suggests "Link and I can head north while you two head south." "If you would feel more comfortable with Link, then perhaps that is for the best," Zurin concurs, while Link gives Byarly a worried glance. If he doesn't like the idea, his desire to get out of here keeps Link's objections at bay and he runs off with Pipit. As the group triggers the guardians and dashes north into the cave, Zurin turned to a functioning but shaken Byarly.

"I... failed him. He hates me..." The girl mumbled, looking defeated. Zurin shook his head. "Link cares about you, Byarly. He wanted you by his side out in this goddess-forsaken trial more than any of us, you saw that." His friend did not seem so sure of this when she looked at him. "But I got in his way because I need his help! If it wasn't for me he could have been done with this awful place by now and I'm holding him back!" Byarly replied, angry at herself. "Link has needed your help too; think about all the work you did to make sure he healed properly after we found him in the Ancient Cistern. Your compassion isn't measured in the number of times you fail, but in the way you lend your hand to get him back on his feet."

Zurin couldn't be sure, but he thought his words helped Byarly's resolve. "Let's go help out our friends!" she said, and so the two dashed to the south in search of more tears.

Posted

I'm still shaking terribly, but Zurins words really made me feel better.

Pipit, Link and Zurin are all very quick, because they now know where most of the tears are. I only try to follow them, and if it weren't for the adrenaline rushing trough my body, I would probably be laying somewhere in a corner sobbing. Zurin and I arrive at the very beginning of the volcano, and there is a rope hanging of a ledge above the lava, leading to a tear.

"I'll go get it," Zurin says.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Of course I am," he answers. While he's balancing on the rope, I sigh.

"Thank you," I say softly.

"That's ok," he answers.

I really judged him too soon. He isn't that bad. He's actually quite nice. 

"Got it," Zurin says proudly while he makes his way back.

"How many left?" I ask.

Posted

Zurin scanned the sky for any more beacons of red light indicating a teardrop. The only one he managed to glimpse quickly winked out of view, so he deduced that the trial was over. "It seems our friends got the last of them just now. I suppose this is the part where we regroup at the start?" the demon asked. Byarly nodded and explained how Link would get an item now for completing the trials that would help him reach the next resting place of the sacred flame.

After a bit of hopping across the Silent Realm's jagged landscape, all four managed to meet up at the starting point. Just as Byarly explained, Link's spirit vessel produced a strange pod of some sort made out of petals. The pod burst open to reveal a pair of earrings, but before Zurin could comment the group was ejected from the Silent Realm as suddenly as they had been placed there. This time he regained awareness feeling like he had just awoken from a dream, and his body had indeed been hunched over as if in slumber. His friends gathered around the group that had just returned from the silent realm, eager to know what had taken place.

Posted

(Hi everyone! Sorry I've been gone for ages! I was staying at my friend's house for a while because we're prepareing for a Death Note cosplay skit and we had to make our costumes from scratch because the ones online cost loads! I like the idea of Zurin and Ghirahim meeting. That would add yet more of our own ideas into the story.)

"Well done, Master Link." Fi says, "you have complied the third trial."

"What are those?" I ask, looking at the pair of earrings Link has.

"They're earrings." Fi replies sarcasticly (lol. Sorry.)

"They will make high temperatures bearable."

Posted

(I'll be going to France for 10 days, so if I don't post, you know why :) )

"I recommend continuing your search for the sacred flame," Fi continues and she goes back into Links sword.

"So? How was it?" Leala asks us.

"I'd rather not talk about it," I admit. "Not now, at least."

"Ok..." Leala replies, slightly worried.

"So, where to now?" Callia asks.

"I think I have an idea," Link says.

We follow him up the big wind gust and we stand in front of the entrance to the sand slide, which brings back awful memories for me.

"I couldn't go further here before, since it was to hot, but now that I have these things..." Link says.

"Yeah, Link?" Fledge asks.

"What?" Link replies.

"You only have one pair..." Fledge says.

Posted

(hmm...This could be difficult. Didn't we all get the water dragon scales though? But it sounds like a fun problem to solve.)

"How can we all get through if we only have one pair?" Callia asks.

"Maybe we don't have to wear BOTH of them?" Pipit suggests, "That way, two people can go at a time."

"Is it worth the risk to find out?" Link says.

"Well, I don't want to almost burn myself again like did when we first arrived here ages ago." I say.

"But even if two of us can go, that still isn't everyone." Byarly says.

"Wait, can't Zurin just teleport us?" Karane asks.

Posted (edited)

(Yeah but we got the scales from the actual Water Dragon, anyway, Zurin's teleportation can bring us to the entrance of the dungeon... which also means we can skip the irritating water bottle ordeal!)

We stare around at each other, dumbfounded yet again at our own idiocy. This is a repeat of the excruciating clawshot ordeal, where we once again forgot about Zurin's teleportation power - even Zurin forgot.

"Smart idea," Zurin says, summoning his powers to teleport us to the nearest location to the boiling volcano caves as possible. We stand on a beautifully tiled bridge that leads across to the entrance of a rather frightening looking building. Fire flares up from the entrance way, and a ridiculously large frogs head looms above, it's mouth open, gaping for something.

"If legends are to be believed," Zurin says. "In here lies the flame of Din."

"Then we've got to find a way in," Leala says simply.

"There's fire in the way!" Bryarly reminds her.

Just that moment, the strange chime sounds out and Fi appears from Link's sword. "Master Link, I project that if you dowse the ornamental frog statue with water, the flames will be extinguished. However, it's worth noting that a considerable amount of water is required to complete such a task." With that, she vanishes again.

Pipit frowns. "How are we going to get water?"

"And how are we meant to bring it here?" I muse.

Link grins. "While I was adventuring alone... I enlisted the help of a certain little robot who's... really rather rude and in love with Fi... but great at carrying things!"

"That still doesn't help us with where to get the water from!" I remind him.

From behind us, Zurin lets out an audible sigh. We all turn to look at him, and he says "I hate to say it... but there is one way we can get the water here..."

"How?" Bryarly asks.

"Do you remember when we went to visit the Water Dragon... she had a basin?"

I roll my head back and let out a loud groan... we all remember what happened last time we met with the Water Dragon...

Posted

Everyone is visibly anxious about paying another visit to Faron, but there is no safe alternative. When asked about teleportation, Zurin replied, "It's possible, but very risky. You see, when I teleport I'm trying to lock down a specific point in space and conjure us all there. it's easy to do when I know a nearby point that's 'safe' and doesn't sit next to a fire or above a bottomless pit, or if I'm teleporting to a large open area I'm aware exists but don't completely know, like we did just now. Really, we're lucky I didn't drop us off in midair over the edge of one of these cliffs, and if I try to teleport us into the temple we could easily appear in the middle of a lava flow..." Nobody wants to take that risk, and there's the added problem that it could be too hot in the temple for everyone but Link and perhaps Zurin himself.

"It looks like we have two problems that require two groups," Link figured, "One group will have to go with me to talk to the Water Dragon while the other tries to solve this problem with the intense heat." Although it was a foregone conclusion, Zurin volunteered to head the second group. "We all know that the answer is somewhere around this volcano anyway, and I might have a couple ideas." the demon added.

Posted

(Who's turn is it? lol.)

Posted

(whoever wants to can go next)

(the ultimate goal here is to just choose a team to go with and then we can get to the Fire Sanctuary :) )