Probably the Most Obvious Thing Youve Heard in a While

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Girls can be okay most of the time. Of course there's the obvious times where they just aren't.

I am of course referring to the natural process in the female body that occurs once every month, where the body automatically starts to bleed from a certain area. This causes an involuntary blood sacrifice that summons the spirit of Diablo, Lord of Terror, to be channeled through their body. Thankfully the possession only lasts for one week.

After that everything is just peachy and fun times can be had by all once more.

unfortunately, this is what my body does to me periodically. i was actually on a huge hormone spike when i said "F*CK IT ALL" and just spam-style came out to everyone. i then started my period the next day.

i really do spike something awful, and being moody and just raging pissed-off something is no fun.

also, after a mass rejection by apparently half of everyone about the name satou, im not allowed to go by that. so its back to the lovely drawing board for me, and by that i mean a mass chat of names being thrown around till were all frustrated.

7nTnr.png

Posted

So many names and we didn't find a single one TT

There must have been like 300 of them.

No more periods on Testosterone though :D

Posted

This has been a fun read.

The only thing I will say on girls is the tendency for them, at least in the adolescent age, to have a misconception of relationships or "love". Fairy-tale relationships. We've all been in high school...well, most of us. We know what that was like, whether we experienced it, or we saw couples getting personal down the hall.  

And possible male names for Chimetals:
Andrew
Jack
Jacob
Aaron
Adam
Brian
Matt

Hm. This is probably weird, but I have more female names in mind than male names. I secretly want a daughter first, when my time comes to be a father...in like a few years or decades. 

Posted

Zack and Chloe.

I like those names.

Posted

So many names and we didn't find a single one TT

There must have been like 300 of them.

No more periods on Testosterone though :D

facial hair though. im not explaining that to my roommates, and i wanna find out if my brother actually needs to shave or not. i know the genes are there (my dad can grow a full whatever) but ive never seen my bro go through the "IM AN ADULT LOOK AT MY SAD FACIAL HAIR" phase.

there was a request for me to do this in that chat, more or less. though i was also told excessively i was too picky.

Andrew--jackson

Jack--all i can think of is nichibros.

Jacob--twilight

Aaron--dismukes

Adam--ive nixed this so many times with sayuri

Brian--not feeling this one, honestly

Matt---ehhhhhh......not really.

Zack--z names make me feel like a tool. and i knew one.

Chloe--girl name, or at least im reading it that way

Posted

Chase or Alex

Posted

Would you ever take a name from someone who you admire?

i dont really idolize people like that :/ anyone i look up to tends to be fictional, really, and most of those names are either too recognizable or too not-my-gene-pool to fly.

Chase or Alex

nice try, but no

Posted

Perhaps if we had a narrower search? What are some sort of names you want us to stay away from completely? By this, I mean of foreign origin?

Here are some others: James, Louie, Mark, Carl, Paul, Pete®, Chris(topher), Victor. 

Posted

How about Ben, Alex, Robbie, Michael, Chase, Allen, Anthony, Schuyler, Max, George, Charles, Dustin, Hunter, all just off the top of my head. What about any of those?

Posted

Or maybe Jeremy?

Posted

Or Clay

Or Ben Junior

Posted

James--i cant see myself as a james. like, i just.....hrnghhhhhhhh

Louie--not....feeling it....also not too sure on having initials of LL :/

Mark--not feeling the biblical things, much, honestly. i mean, some of the names have a nice ring to them, but most fall flat on me (and the ones i like, i tend to either know someone with that name currently, or otherwwise knew someone for several years with that name)

Carl--dated one, dont like the guy. at all. hell if i wanna take his name.

Paul--pheo and t1gs older brother

Pete®--definitely not pete.

Chris(topher)

Victor--makes me think of harry potter, even though im p sure he was a minor character.

Ben--pheo

Alex--LL

Robbie--already got one that t1g talks about a lot, having two would get weird. besides, im not really a rob.

Michael--dated one, itd be weird. also my second cousins name

Chase--obvious reasons, no thanks. itd be too weird. also was a name i tended to name every two bit character i came up with for a couple years.

Allen--saha

Anthony--im...not feeling this one, honestly.

Schuyler--isnt this more of a last name?

Max--too close to maxi

George--ganny

Charles--my cousin

Dustin--HEARGHNGHNNNNHHNRHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i dont know

Hunter--dunno, im still not too sure about having initials close to my brothers (HL)

Jeremy--i feel like this is your name, SM. is it your name? cuz i think its your name.

Clay--there was one i took tkd with for years. i found him somewhat off-putting.

if it helps, most of what ive tended towards has been S names, but, like, dont stress out over it :/ i know three hours of names being thrown back and forth was overall infuriating for everyone involved, so.....yeah :/ (A names being another ok option, and B names being amusing for the initials, but as far as name choices, very awkward-sounding.)

Posted (edited)

Mark--not feeling the biblical things, much, honestly. i mean, some of the names have a nice ring to them, but most fall flat on me (and the ones i like, i tend to either know someone with that name currently, or otherwwise knew someone for several years with that name)

Max--too close to maxi

Mark isn't really a biblical name though :/ It comes from Marcus from Latin, supposedly meaning from the Roman god Mars. I've certainly never thought of it as Biblical.

And why is Max being close to Maxi even a reason to not consider it, if anything it should be better since its the male form of a nickname.

Idk for some reason I think 'm' names suit you. Anything short and with a lot of harsh consonants seems to fit, actually. Though I don't know if you personally agree.

Stuff like Mark, Max, Mason, Jake, Luke, Blake, Seth

B names being amusing for the initials

Please do this. Just, it would be so perfect.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted

Mark isn't really a biblical name though :/ It comes from Marcus from Latin, supposedly meaning from the Roman god Mars. I've certainly never thought of it as Biblical.

matthew, mark, luke and john.

And why is Max being close to Maxi even a reason to not consider it, if anything it should be better since its the male form of a nickname.

ive told you why im not so fond of the nickname "maxi", right? i think of that before i think of the guy in soul calibur that fights with one nunchaku. and having a name that makes me think like that would just be....so.....ugh.

Idk for some reason I think 'm' names suit you. Anything short and with a lot of harsh consonants seems to fit, actually. Though I don't know if you personally agree.

might be because the first A in my name tends to get dropped. im not really seeing it, though i cant really think of many names with an m, especially any that im fond of. and as far as harsh consonants go, theres a fine lines between "sounds good (to me)" "sounds ok" and "sounds like you have something stuck in your throat"

Please do this. Just, it would be so perfect.

i know it would :,3 but like i said, i cant think of a lot of B names i like much :<

Mark, Luke--again, books of the bible.

Max--covered this

Mason--idk? i just....do i look like a mason?

Jake--not....feeling this one...i dont even know why.

Blake--even if i didnt know a blake (my gradeschool classmate of 8ish years younger brother, who was in my year) i just.....dunno.

Seth--not immediately rejecting this one, i think.

i should go through this thread, and compile a comprehensive list of names rejected and in pondering limbo, and add it to the end of the first post or something.

i should also go through the phonetic alphabet and ask myself how all the sounds make me feel. (im serious--with the exception of max, everything i just immediately shot in that list has a k. i dont even)

Posted (edited)

Whenever I hear 'biblical name' I think of stuff like Matthew, Joshua, Ezekiel - stuff that is Hebrew in origin and popularized specifically by the Bible. Mark/Marcus was around long before the Bible was a thing.

For some reason I just get a lot of names with k sounds in them when I think of what fits you. Max technically has one too.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)