POKEMON X AND Y

1210 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone know which attacks are effective against Pokemon Hordes?

Posted

Anything that does AoE, though the only ones I can think of offhand are surf and muddy water (my team doesn't have a lot of AoE skills). if it hits multiple enemies/allies in 2 vs 2, it works on hordes.

Posted

Earthquake works on everything

always

Posted

I've found that the Fairy Attack Dazzling Gleam and the electric attack Discharge works on Hordes.

Anyone have a Noibat? I've been trudging around Terminus Cave for an hour waiting for one to attack. 

Posted

they swoop down from ceilings, as opposed to regular encounters. check the mines or maybe victory road

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

they swoop down from ceilings, as opposed to regular encounters. check the mines or maybe victory road

Been there too, the only things that swoop down on me are Ariados and Golem.

Posted

Earthquake works on everything

always

everything barring the millions of flying-types and the millions of other crap that have levitate, you mean

I can get you a Noibat Tyrion, I have like, three Friend Safaris that have 'em. Any particular nature/ability you want?

Posted

everything barring the millions of flying-types and the millions of other crap that have levitate, you mean

I can get you a Noibat Tyrion, I have like, three Friend Safaris that have 'em. Any particular nature/ability you want?

Anything's fine

Posted

Still playing the slow game. Just done the second gym last night. Beat him in two moves which felt good. Two karate chops from Pancham.

Currently going back to earlier routes to catch Pokemon I neglected to catch before, and training some weaker Pokemon so that I can more easily evolve them later on. It'd just feel lazy to catch a Pokemon and then catch the evolution separately. But I'll probably not persist with this long. Just keeping one or two in tow to train up through exp share, more passively training them instead.

On that note I was thinking after I caught my Bidoof that I should now take him up to the farthest point and do the old switch in and out trick to train him up. It occurred to me though that, if I was a tiny weak Bidoof, I'd be pretty traumatised at being captured from my habitat and the first thing I see upon release is some big-ass dragon (example; idk what is on the next route). Sure, you switch him out but imagine that you just woke up after being beaten up and kidnapped and then faced off against a dragon and then your trainer stands over you and asks "Now what did we learn today?" and you stare back with those dead eyes. The life you loved is gone, and now the terror begins. You train up and get harder and more cynical; a warrior born in fire.

Surely friendship shouldn't build up by training a Pokemon that way.

T1g likes this

Posted

sidenote on fitting nickname: Kaiji the Nosepass

-Big nose

-Nosepass has sturdy and so negated my 1-hit KO. Survival skills worthy of the name Kaiji.

(I hoped that would have merged oh well)

T1g and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Okay, Tyrion, I've caught your Noibat, so we can trade whenever you can get online. Just give me whatever useless crap you want rid off lol

Posted

Thanks Cascade!

Cascade likes this

Posted

ive got four of my ghost team members together, just gotta pick/breed the last two. going for ghost type has its drawbacks, since i dont have a very large pool of candidates to choose from.

gonna need some help evolving my pumpkaboo, though i might just wait for anime club and t1g, i havent decided.