Heading Out

26 posts in this topic

Posted

It's about time we went our separate ways, Hnet.

I've been considering the whole thing for a while, and for a number of reasons, I feel this is the best option available to me. I'm gonna miss the good times and maybe even the bad, but I just think it's time for me to say goodbye.

I'll stay long enough to get to the end of Glee Mafia. But after that, I'll be gone.

If you really wanna contact me, I have my Skype ID and Tumblr listed on my profile. Try the former first, though.

See you next mission.

Posted (edited)

How this thread's lifespan will go:

-People will post and show support/wish you well/wonder why you're leaving

-You will count up the replies that this post gets. (yes, I see you following this topic)

-You will decide to stay because this thread probably (and shamefully) got enough replies for you to get over whatever little depression you think you're in.

-You will ask that this thread be deleted.

How this thread's lifespan should go:

-Immediately deleted.

-You stay and get over it.

Sorry if I am wrong. I just really don't think I am, though.

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)

Posted

You really are wrong. I'm following the topic because I have my settings so that I follow any topic I make or post in, and I was too lazy to unfollow it. I'm not going to count up anything, because that would be petty and stupid in my eyes. I'm probably not going to just randomly decide to stay.

get over whatever little depression you think you're in.

Well, seeing as I GENUINELY HAVE THE MENTAL DISORDER KNOWN AS DEPRESSION, I'm not "thinking" I'm in anything. 

And I(at least, personally) can't just "get over" something like this, especially not through something like people wishing me well or whatever. In fact, that'd MOTIVATE me to leave, since people are wishing me luck in whatever the hell it is I'm heading for.

I also never wanted to get this thread deleted. Ever.

Why should a thread announcing my leaving be immediately deleted? The only reason I can think of is me ending up staying, and I'm 100% sure that I'm leaving. Maybe I might come back someday, but I'm not going to stay here after the Glee mafia game is over.

I guess, in wishing this thread would go over well, I was asking too much.

Posted

'Gon miss you bro

Posted

On another forum I go on, people who make leaving threads get permanently banned, as incentive to stick with their decision.

Not saying you should, but yeah.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

Considering how hard you look into our judgments, criticisms and praise of you, this thread just seemed like it existed for more reasons than to tell us you're leaving and give contact info. That's all I am saying. Sorry, dog.

"Wish you well"

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)
SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I already expressed my sentiments to you, and sincerely think that you'll be back at some point or another. We all come back.

good luck with everything in the meantime. we'll be seeing you.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I already expressed my sentiments to you, and sincerely think that you'll be back at some point or another. We all come back.

good luck with everything in the meantime. we'll be seeing you.

^im in the same boat here. even if its a year or so, i think youll be back. i can at least hope that you come back, its worked so far :>

On another forum I go on, people who make leaving threads get permanently banned, as incentive to stick with their decision.

we have SO MANY people with multiple accounts. so plz no.

Posted

I've made leaving threads, Cascade's made leaving threads, mostly leaving threads don't work out unless the person has been disconnected from the forum for such a long time, and only returns as a visitor, and so posts a thread to sever some personal obligation to return anymore, by saying a final farewell and give some closure. While being an active member of the site, people don't usually actually leave.

Threads like these are good for getting the "real" out of people when they reply though, so they're nice in their own way.

I think you'd be better off calling it a break. You're not so fond of forums at the moment, but feelings return, and in all likelihood you'll be back in the mood for it eventually. So take a break, and don't call it leaving. People go through phases, and phases include disliking things you previously loved a lot, and so taking a break is good for those kinds of things.

Whatever the case though, I think you'll be back. No matter how long you're gone, we'll always let you back in. And if you don't come back, then I hope you name one of your children after me.

Here's my fave song atm:

pheonix561 and Cascade like this

Posted

Yeah, pretty much what Teto says (lovely song choice, btw :)

Honestly, the only people I've ever seen successfully leave...are the ones who just drift away, without anyone knowing. If you made the effort to make a leaving thread...to stick with a werewolf game...you're probably going to come back.

God knows I've come back multiple times.

Posted

God knows I've come back multiple times.

That I do.

Bazinga.

pheonix561 and Ammonsa like this

Posted

Sucks to see you go, but as Cirt said, we all come back. I've been here for almost 6 years, and for never more than a few months, but I always come back to check it out. You'll want to see how much things have changed, like a time capsule, heh.

Also LL was most likely referring to the many, many Jareddude topics saying that he's through with it and is leaving for good, just to hover in the topic and watch what people say, then say he's decided to stay :/

Wish you well in your ventures, hope you have a good time away, good life if you're leaving for good, and I still say your voice is too deep for a 13 year old. I mean, what do you eat for breakfast? Bowls of nails? With no milk?

Posted

One of these threads?

lel

Posted

See you later, Silver.