Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic: What went wrong

185 posts in this topic

Posted

Arin's constant complaining about games is one of the reasons why I watch the Super Best Friends.

Posted

It's funny because people complain when he isn't grumpy because it makes the show boring, but also complain when he is grumpy

Posted

I mean, they are entertainers/performers first and video gamers second, i'd havta say. That's how it should be really.

Posted

this is hilarious

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I have a few criticisms of their criticisms of the gameplay, but they're generally right about it. Their criticisms of the story are spot on, though.

I'm kind of worried they're going to play SA2B with the attitude that it's going to be bad, and then just focus on the bad parts and ignore the fun parts though. Like sure SA2B isn't perfect, but it's still honestly a really good game. I honestly believe if the sonic studio team did what every other respectable studio on the planet does and focus on improving the core gameplay of their games in their sequels, then Sonic Adventure 3, if it ever came out, would have had fantastic, near flawless gameplay. I mean really, Gears of War 1-3 is a pretty good comparison here, actually. All of the story and setting for GoW is pretty weird and at times goofy, but in terms of refined gameplay, GoW1 is a good start, 2 is great, and 3 is an absolute blast to play.

Posted

it is hard to defend the gameplay after watching Arin get game overed on the first level for something completely out of his control

Posted

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 would be much better games if they focused on Sonic entirely. Like, maybe only let you play as Sonic and Shadow. Add more Sonic stages, keep the chao garden like it is. That would make the games better, imo. The Knuckles/Rouge Tails/Eggman stages drag the game down. I only enjoy 2 of the Knuckles stages, 1 of the Rouge stages, 0 of the Tails stages, and 1 of the Eggman stages. I enjoy all but 1 of the Sonic and Shadow stages. 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

make it all about Knuckles instead and it'd be the perfect game

Teto likes this

Posted

Just do what they did to Spyro: stop the shitty sequels and just turn it into a toy franchise so we can not care in peace.

Pizzza likes this

Posted

I still don't see what is so great about the chao garden.

Posted

there's really nothing great about the chao garden, it's a nostalgia thing where people take things that aren't good at all and fetishize and romanticize them

Posted

there's really nothing great about the chao garden, it's a nostalgia thing where people take things that aren't good at all and fetishize and romanticize them

I don't think anyone here would describe their enjoyment of the Chao Garden as a "fetish" or as "romantic". It was just a nice break in the main game, and played on people's love for creature raising and battling. Like Tomogachi and Pokemon. Nobody here had their cocks out when they played that game, i hope. I mean, unless you did haha.

T1g likes this

Posted

I did name them after myself my friends and my girlfriend at the time. And they did mate. That was a thing that happened.

Posted

Chao garden was rad. It was fun to create a super powerful one. I remember puzzling out how it all worked, with transformation, angel versions, demon versions, and leveling up their stats. I'd just replay city escape over and over to collect chao drives. It was a much more effective way to encourage replaying than the collectibles that so many other games focus on. You have a friend to get invested in instead.

Pizzza likes this