Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic: What went wrong

185 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd also add:

Sonic Advance

Sonic Unleashed day stages

Sonic Chronicles (great game severely underrated because it's an RPG. Mario had an RPG and didn't get the same criticism!)

Posted

I too played Sonic Chronicles, but I kind of feel like it was a bit of a disappointment. It certainly wasn't as good as I wanted it to be (which is to say, as good as Superstar Saga or Paper Mario)

Also yeah, I am sure some of the handheld games are fine (I do like Sonic Advance), but I was simplifying it by sticking to console games

Posted

Did you not watch the one (technically 2) I posted?

Posted

I remember enjoying Sonic Rush.

Posted

I kind of feel like all the handheld sonics, at least for the GBA and DS eras, play roughly the same.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I would also like to add sonic advance 2 to the list, if the original sonic advance made it. The only hangup I have about that game was how difficult it was trying to gather special rings to be able to get chaos emeralds and all that. Aside from that, fun game. I think my favorite part was that the boss fights took place while you were running, instead of in an arena like most sonic boss fights. And I enjoyed the soundtrack too, even if it wasn't terribly memorable or notable.

I also remember the fifth boss, the one you have to kill to unlock knuckles, being surprisingly difficult and having a steep difficulty curve.
T1g likes this

Posted

I was literally just talking about that with a friend the other day. Accept the 5th boss part. I don't remember any of that

Posted

Nah, it was a pretty well known thing, if I recall. If you watch the video I posted, the player breezes through all the boss fights, but then he has some trouble at the fifth one. I remember even the strategy guide we bought for it talking about how miserable the fifth boss fight was.

In fact, I just found it online! Figures it'd be up somewhere.

xS1m2SE.jpg

fxPG6NF.jpg

Teto likes this

Posted

Cream is seriously just easy mode. People complain that using Tails makes Sonic 3 easy, but they haven't played a character who literally does not have to move in order to beat a boss

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

That's such an understatement. All you do is press "b" and her chao flies over and does damage to eggman. "easy mode" would be if you like lost only five rings on damage instead of all of them or something. This is just, not even holding your hand. You're being carried through the game. Good job, you pressed the "b" button enough times to justify spending $35 on this game!

Posted

Ahhh, like Maria in Castlevania Rondo of Blood.

Posted

her Chao's name is Cheese. They are Cream and Cheese

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Everyone should watch the first 7 min of this episode. I say 7 instead of 6 because something funny happens shortly after the real episode starts

Teto, SilverAlchemic and Eka like this

Posted

t1g do you watch Game Grumps perhaps :D

Are you a follower of the mycaruba 

On topic, my housemate and I have been talkin' about Sonic a lot lately since Boom came out. I DL'd the demo for the 3DS and found it overall boring, and I'm just watching GG play Boom WiiU which looks pretty eghn. Maybe not to the level of eghn as '06 but still eghn.

My housemate had me play the ported Sonic games on the DS too which were fun. I remember having one of those Sonic games on a Game Gear - it was my brother's. I'm really inclined to dust it off and see if it still works.

T1g and pheonix561 like this