Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game Of Thrones[SPOILERS]: The "Not the Books" Thread WITH HUGE SPOILERS

157 posts in this topic

Posted

So i'm surprised this hasnt been posted yet-

also, this youtuber, Comic Book Girl 19, has a lot of cool videos about GoT. My favorites are the family histories. She explains stuff that isnt in the show, since it's history, but still really important. She's also good about spoiler warnings. Kinda funny too.

Posted

Comicbookgirl9's videos always rubbed me the wrong way. Not sure why, but I'm glad you're learning more of the lore. Lots of really cool stuff that doesn't get to be in the show do to the sheer quantity

Posted

Her older videos are really hard to watch, imo. But her recent stuff, like within the last year or so, I find to be really fun to watch. Although, there are a few things about her that annoy me. But otherwise it's cool. Not for everyone I suppose.

Posted

Teto likes this

Posted

Last episode was kinda meh. First time i've said that about a game of thrones episode, pretty surprising

Posted

What? You're crazy dude. That whole episode was like "okay here's all the people you could possibly suspect to have assassinated joffrey. Margery, Sansa, Tyrion, Oberyn, all of them had nothing to do with it." And now we're all WELL FUCK, WHODUNNIT??? The only thing we have to go off of is that clearly lord baelish knows something. But what?

Posted

Yeah. Its just, all the exciting stuff isn't gonna happen til episode 7, so this episode was a little bit padded. Didn't like Jaime raping Cercei either. I loved episode 2 though. Didn't much like Jaime's bit with Loras there either.

Posted

Wait what? How do you know exciting stuff is going to happen on episode seven?

Posted

Episode titles and chronology.

Posted

Okay I didn't know they released the episode titles and I don't know anything about whats going on but how about you keep your information out of this thread, book reader

Teto likes this

Posted

how about you keep your information out of this thread, book reader

Posted

I'm far enough separated from my reading of the books now that I can treat it as two different continuities. Jaime originally arrived in King's Landing after Joff died and made sweet greasy love to Cersei in the sept. In this they made him return sooner, meaning he got to see Tyrion before Tyrion got locked up and we got sweet Tyrion and Jaime scenes. Like, have we had any of those in the books or in the series? Maybe in the early days, but not before we learned to love the two of them anyway. So it's nice we got that, considering Joff's death makes every King's Landing encounter dramatic, and there's no more time for idle chitchat between brothers. Tyrion does mention in his chapters that he and his brother get along, and it's good to see that in action.

I guess the whole changing Jaime and Cersei's sept sex into rape is just the writers highlighting Jaime's change after his imprisonment and maiming. People were all like "Why put the character through a redemtion arc if you're going to make him a rapist", but I think it's a better point that we don't really know Jaime very well. We know how well he acts in the face of danger, and that he's got respect for Brienne, but that's about it (well, for me, but I've never been great with character analysis). We don't know him well enough to say that he wouldn't do this. And after all he's been through in the past season or two, he's even less predictable. 

That could be what they're driving at. I kept this all within the realms of what you could predict or say based on what's happened so far in the TV series, so don't get any ideas.

Posted

Actually! Apparently when they filmed that scene, it was not rapey whatsoever. Nobody who was involved in that production was writing or filming or performing that scene as if it was a rape scene. Apparently it wasn't until after the episode aired that everyone watching was like "oh fuck. Something went wrong." So it wasn't actually supposed to be a rape scene, it just came out that way unfortunately.

Posted

Actually! Apparently when they filmed that scene, it was not rapey whatsoever. Nobody who was involved in that production was writing or filming or performing that scene as if it was a rape scene. Apparently it wasn't until after the episode aired that everyone watching was like "oh puppy. Something went wrong." So it wasn't actually supposed to be a rape scene, it just came out that way unfortunately.

Oh lol. I was wondering whether Cersei's protests were sincere, or if they just knew and trusted each other a lot and that that was just their intimacy. Maybe their actions in next episode will clear up that doubt among the viewers.

Posted

I could be wrong though. I just heard it through my teacher who watches the show too. I have to double check with him to be sure thats the case.