162 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, so I'm almost definitely sure it's ElwayGuy's fault Saha's missing

Phanta, you most likely should have been the one to go missing today

Posted

uh thanks? lol

ElwayGuy

Posted (edited)

Great. Now I get the blame. Guess I have no choice but to come out and say it.  I am the equivalent of the 'seer'. I can see people's allegiances at night. I have tried twice (unsuccessfully) to see Teto's allegiance, because I know she's a great player and I wanted to know what side she was on. First night, I was distracted by somebody, and the second night I saw Phanta's allegiance instead. All I know now is that Phanta is not a wolf, and I had no idea that Sahaquiel was going missing, and I had nothing to do with it. I didn't even use my ability on Sahaquiel. My vote now goes to ensomniac for (seemingly) not being active.

And Dark_One, how would you know about 'someone likely to go missing'? Would you care to enlighten us on that subject?

And aside from my ability being deflected, nothing happened to me last night. 

(I really don't care if I'm playing the game wrong by being honest, but 'honesty is the best policy', and I didn't want a townie (Phanta) to get lynched.)

Edited by ElwayGuy7 (see edit history)

Posted

I haven't been inactive, I've just been preoccupied with real life stuff. As usual I have been keeping a record of everything important that has been said so far, and all the information on each player.

I have no concrete proof, but from the information I have gathered I can throw my support behind ElwayGuy's claim that Phanta is most likely town.

Dark One, Teto, and Necropolis have yet to reveal any of their night actions or made any remarks as to how their night went. I don't know what to make of Teto, but it seems that everyone (including myself) who has tried to target him has been blocked or redirected or messed with in some way. I cant be sure if this is just an ability of his, random chance, or an effort by the wolf team to protect their own players, but for now I'm going to vote for Teto.

I would also love to know who Phanta targeted on Night 1, considering that he said his action was "slowed down" or delayed.

As far as my night went, my action was altered in some way, or possibly reversed. I'm not exactly sure what the results of it were.

(btw ElwayGuy some of the members of this forum have their gender set as the opposite of their actual gender - Teto is a guy)

Posted

Thanks for the heads up.  I really have no idea who to vote for. I guess it's back to Teto.

Posted

I'm pretty sure I can't trust my life to a group of homosexuals so your hypothesis is false.

And yeah, I haven't had any reports of my actions being messed up, though for some reason I got to act twice last night. I originally went to use my target switching ability on Sahaqiel and Elway but then I got offered the chance to act twice, so I used my ability on Elway and myself, so therefore whoever Elway was targetting was switched with who I was targeting, so Elway's action was redirected to either me, Sahaqiel, or himself.

Also to be fair, I think this game is designed around chaos. I don't doubt that everybody has some kind of redirecting or blocking ability, so the fact that I have been somehow made immune two nights in a row is probably coincidence. Feel free to target me again tonight though. Meanwhile, I think Elway has some kind of disappearing ability. I feel like it'd make the most sense if my second ability wherein I redirected myself would redirect my first action, and since acting on yourself shouldn't really be possible most of the time, T1G might reason that Elway should be redirected to Sahaqiel. Then again, I wouldn't be sure that a disappearing ability would be something a wolf does (since I get the feeling it's just Sahaqiel being hidden), but since Elway claimed seer, a common desperate claim, it gives me pause for thought.

My reason behind suspecting Elway seems pretty thin by itself, but seeing Dark One come out with the same idea that Elway was behind it gives me a bit more confidence. People getting second actions is unheard of, so I don't blame you for being uncertain of that story.

SR-icon-clothing-Boots5.png

Posted

Teto - 2 - emsomniac, ElwayGuy7

ElwayGuy7 - 2 - Dark_One, Phanta

4 votes to lynch

Posted

I think Emma asked about my first night action. It was directed to Elway but it wasn't a harmful action. I just redirected their action back at em. but, the whole time warp thing messed it up.

Posted

Allow me to elaborate on my moves. Transparency is often important in this game. My ability is that I make people do the opposite of what they normally might.

I used this on Dark One and Emsomniac. My reasoning was as thus. Dark One has dark in his name. Okay so thats not a lot to go on, but it was night 1, so I was just testing it out. Emsomniac I chose for a bit more solid a reason. The last werewolf game I played, Batman werewolf I seem to recall she was one of the werewolves. She didn't post much and kept a low profile, If I remember right. Seemed to be along the lines of her activities thusfar in this game.

Posted

Transparency is often important in this game.

hence why I posted the pic with the boots, thank you

Posted

I don't actually get the boots thing

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Well actually I was just playing Skyrim earlier and I love those boots so I looked them up on a Skyrim wiki and found a picture. Meanwhile I was on this page writing and I didn't really have anything to do with the boots picture once I found it, so I stuck it on the end of my post. It wasn't anything about transparency, but the picture has transparency around the boots, so I made a joke there.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

ok cool, that was the only parallel i could draw, so i was wondering if there was some deep metaphor that was flying over my head

Posted

Emsomniac I chose for a bit more solid a reason. The last werewolf game I played, Batman werewolf I seem to recall she was one of the werewolves. She didn't post much and kept a low profile, If I remember right. Seemed to be along the lines of her activities thusfar in this game.

I actually wasn't a werewolf in that game, I was Scarecrow, Town, and my ability was a simple block but was worded in a way that the target thought they had been attacked by a person of my choosing. I used it to influence the game from behind the scenes (badly, it was my first game) which is why I wasn't posting much. I think my general strategy is to stay neutral as to be a target for neither the town nor the wolves, but apparently that game I was acting too wolfy so I got vigilante killed.

I suppose me saying that I act the same whether I'm a wolf or town doesn't really reassure anyone though. That said, with everyone else revealing their abilities so soon, I guess I might as well discard my usual strat and do the same. It should help us figure out who is lying or who was blocked (i.e. who couldn't have killed last night).

I can at least back Necropolis in saying that my ability did do the opposite. My ability is to delay a player's action one night. The first night I used it on Phanta, and second night I attempted to use it on Teto but Necropolis reversed my action and it let Teto act twice.

It is my personal theory that in a game of this size, there should only be one wolf left with LL dead. Assuming that the disappearing act is by a townie or by Saha himself we can say that whoever the last wolf is was blocked last night.

Here is what everyone has stated about their abilities so far:

Dark_One: ??? Possibly has something to do with Saha's disappearance

Teto: Target switch

Necropolis: Make actions of target opposite

emsomniac: Delay actions of target 1 night

Phanta: Redirect action

ElwayGuy7: Seer

And here is what has been stated about last nights happenings:

I attempted to delay Teto

Necropolis made my ability do the opposite and let Teto act twice.

Teto claims that he can target switch; he originally target switched Saha and Elway, but then second action switched Elway and Teto

Elway's (seer) action was redirected to Teto, Saha, or Elway? (This I am not quite clear on from your wording. Teto, did your pm not confirm who exactly was target switched? If both of your actions overlapped which took priority?)

ElwayGuy confirms that his ability was redirected, but says it was from Teto to Phanta.

Phanta claims that his delayed action caused his action to be reflected back at them, but ElwayGuy said his action ended up targeting Phanta and finding he was town.

At least one of Teto, Elway, or Phanta must be lying about their ability.

Dark One says he is almost definitely sure ElwayGuy made Saha go missing. He also states that Phanta should have been the one to go missing.

This information directly contradicts what ElwayGuy said about his night action. One of these two must be lying or misinformed.

Phanta says no one targeted him last night, and has not commented on his action from Night 2 other than his delayed action.

After putting together this information, I have several different possible theories:

It would be a good idea to pair a veteran player and a new player, so LL and ElwayGuy could be the wolf team.

Teto or Dark One could very possibly be lone wolves. Teto's description was very verbose yet vague and Dark One has offered the most cryptic and least amount of information.

There could be actually two wolves left, and most likely they would be Phanta and ElwayGuy because their actions have supported each other as town. I think this is unlikely.

Overall:

Dark One needs to post about his abilities, now that everyone else has, for the purposes of transparency. Town clearly outnumbers the wolves and at this point having a clear view of everyone's actions is useful.

Teto needs to clarify last night's actions. We have to know specifically what the ramifications of his actions were.

Someone needs to protect Elway now that he has claimed seer.

Posted

I made my first action, T1g comes up and tells me I've got two actions, I use it on Elway and myself. That is a certainty. I switched the targets of Elway and myself. 

I originally switched Sahaqiel and Elway, and then I switched Elway's target with my own. So I made Elway target either me, Sahaqiel, or himself, and in turn I redirected my first action into one of the two I targeted and also whoever Elway was targeting. If Elway was targeting Phanta, that means that my original action has been changed to me switching the targets of Phanta and Elway or Phanta and Sahaqiel.

SO then! If I gave Sahaqiel to Elway, therefore my first action is changed to me switching the targets of Phanta and Elway, which means that Elway wasn't targeting Sahaqiel anymore, and was instead targeting whoever Phanta was targeting.

Elway targets whoever.

Elway's target targets whoever.

I target Sahaqiel and Elway.

I then target myself and Elway.

My second action switches the targets of the first action, which we assume means that we caused Elway to target Sahaqiel, and me to target Elway's target and Elway himself. So I then switch the targets of Elway and his target, meaning that Elway targeted his target's target, and Elway's target targeted Sahaqiel.

Elway, who did you target in the first instance? Because that will be our disapearer.