What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

The entire AC\DC songbook was recently released digitally so I've been listening to them quite a bit

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Supposedly the third album was when The Strokes 1) decided they'd take a hiatus and 2) started trying to make the band less run by Julian Casablancas. Which I guess is good for their relationship as a band, but I think the music might have suffered because of it. He might be a dick but he does good work.

Also I'm sure you knew this by now, but Instant Crush has Julian on vocals. I saw you linking it sometime before and you didn't mention it so I was worried you might not appreciate the fact.

recommend me things

But yeah I'm not disappointed in listening to Depeche Mode. They're not my style per se, but I think their music is good.

Posted

I think Songs of Faith and Devotion and Violator are my favorite albums by them. 

Posted

I was already going to listen to the Depeche Mode discography in its entirety, I meant another artist or somn...

Posted

Oh, okay. I could do that. I just didn't wanna be the guy who's like "oh if you like them, then listen to ______" unsolicited.

Posted

Listened to the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance OST. I wasn't a fan of the music for just listening and appreciating; probably not my cup of tea. But I REALLY like this track.

All the songs are good in the context of the game. The game amplifies the hype in each track a thousand fold. Even if the plot was a bit silly, this kind of music playing during these dramatic cinematic dialogue battles between clashing ideals and weapons is too intense. But this is my favorite amongst them.

Agent Zako, T1g, Teto and 1 other like this

Posted

I had a thing for Royksopp's Melody A.M. album awhile back, like when I was 14-15, but I never gave it a proper listen. I listened through it all tonight, and it was pretty great mostly. My enjoyment was perhaps diminished because my brain remembers how much I abused Remind Me (original and Someone Else's Remix), Eple, Poor Leno, and So Easy, but I still like the album. Signifying how much my taste in music has changed, perhaps, my favorite track on the album is now Sparks. It is almost certainly because I've been broadening my horizons to different musical styles since then. It's chilltastic.

I highly recommend you guys check this one out.

I also fairly enjoyed "Royksopp's Night Out".

Posted

blast from the past

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I listened to Alan Braxe (and Friends)'s The Upper Cuts last night. There are some great tracks in there. However, they're mostly only great when someone else was involved with them. I desperately want to like Alan Braxe, but the fact that he holds onto solo status even after doing his best work with others just really confuses my take on him.

For instance, he's participated in two particularly classic French House tracks: Vertigo (Virgo Edit) and

Music Sounds Better With You

^ and if you have not listened to this and appreciated its magic you are literally the scum of the earth

The Virgo Edit was actually more popular than Alan Braxe (and Fred Falke)'s original version, and it's what elevated its level to classic status. Of course, Thomas Bangalter is the remixer. Music Sounds Better With You was Braxe + Bangalter + Benjamin Diamond, and its classic status is crazy far-reaching despite being their band's only track.

Even in the present, Braxe has not officially formed a multi-person band despite his own music not being particularly iconic or enjoyable. I should listen to his 2013 album Moments In Time again and see what's up. I don't remember many of the tracks in there driving me too crazy. But sigh anyway my point is that he's a good musician, but he's much stronger on a team than when alone, but he doesn't seem interested in a full-time team. And I don't even know if Fred Falke (I think they're cousins?) is doing the bass programming for him anymore.

Here's a track I did like by him though. I kind of group him with Fred Falke, so yeah it's a team effort but they're practically the same person ok??

Posted

some more

Posted

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Listened to the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance OST. I wasn't a fan of the music for just listening and appreciating; probably not my cup of tea. But I REALLY like this track.

All the songs are good in the context of the game. The game amplifies the hype in each track a thousand fold. Even if the plot was a bit silly, this kind of music playing during these dramatic cinematic dialogue battles between clashing ideals and weapons is too intense. But this is my favorite amongst them.

Saha this song has been on my Iphone since like March. It is awesome

Posted

yeh, it's p. awesome

When I first played through MGR:R the Mistral fight was when I was like oh, I should download this soundtrack. I didn't remember to until watching Muffin's stream for when he was fighting Mistral.

This spooky skeleton thing is kind of hilarious. Phanta would have appreciated it, but...

Posted

Incidentally, this is where I heard mistral's theme. You guys should check it out. I agree with pretty much all of it

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Remember that video I posted a while ago, of that guy covering Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" in 20 styles? Well, he's done a lot more, and recently he did this Halloween video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwNsRs5dKyA

HEY PHEO CHECK OUT STYLE SEVEN

pheonix561 likes this