What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

Whats the weebiest song you guys listen to

Posted

maybe

Or generally just soundtracks, but they're lest interesting to post about. Plus I only go through phases for specific soundtracks and then rarely ever go back once the hype has subsided. I have none that I'm currently listening to.

Posted

The Japanese songs I have been listening to are incredibly western. I highly recommend all of them.

Eureka Seven OST - Fly Away (Taichi Master Remix)

Tokyo Girls' Style - Liar (RE:NDZ Remix)

(credit to legolink? for the above)

Also there's this new genre called Vaporwave. It's a really gilded genre, in a really good way. It's kind of about nostalgia for the 90s. My friend is more knowledgeable about the genre and says it's kind of a rebellion against how commercial things have become, like how malls used to be hangout places for arcades rather than just to buy superficial status symbols. So he says it's the perfect music for walking through an abandoned mall, and retains a distinct feeling of innocence, and is kind of like witch house in that it inserts symbols into titles, but not to be obscure, rather to kind of inspire that feeling of how mysterious we used to find foreign culture and hail it for being cool and new. And that does sound crazy nostalgie-goggles, but if it made this genre then I don't mind. I've only heard from the Future Funk section of the genre, but I can tell it'll probably be my favorite. Legolink was also listening to this song from Macross 82-99.

マクロスMACROSS 82-99 - Bad Girl (w/ Lancaster)

The way I describe what I've heard from the genre, rather than the mall aesthetic, it's as if it's the dead of night in a crowded city, and all the buildings' lights are on, and they're practically glowing golden, and a dance party has spilled out into the streets and nobody cares, because they're taking advantage of the moment to feel good and have a good night. So that's kind of what I mean by gilded, and it has a lot of passion in it. It's really cool.

Posted

I hope Reality House takes off as a genre.

Reality House is house music characterised by it's unique lyrical content; doling out soul-crushing financial advice, while you dance! Love the lyrics to this one;

and I found out how much he was earning

he has no chance

people don't realise from 30 years old, you've got another 40 years to live

and eh

you've got to have some investments

to be able to eh

to allow you to live that time

Posted

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

listening to alt-j, idk

indie rock shit

Teto likes this

Posted

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'm currently listening to Rock or Bust the new AC/DC Album.

Posted

God damn this guy is awesome.

Posted

Do you remember how I recommend guys to you because I know you'll like them, and then you refuse to listen to them for no reason other than pure unadulterated misguided spite? This is one of those guys you've been missing out on for that reason.

Posted

Shit's about to kick OFF. Pick your sides, this movie's a two-parter. t1g v pheo, about to go down.

Sahaqiel, pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

What I'm actually listening to:

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

We clearly have to settle this in SMASH

Whoever wins in Smashketball is in the right

Posted

I know I mentioned that I listen to final boss music when I prepare for interviews, well I do the same when preparing for Finals usually. I am currently listening to the previously posted One Winged Angel renditon by Random, because the existence of this Final I am taking makes me about as angry as Sephiroth is at the beginning of the song.

Which is to say:

FUCK THIS CLASS