Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Storyline Suggestions

96 posts in this topic

Posted

when you finish the..you know...i've forgotten what it's called...the desert palace thingy, with the mirror at the top, as soon as you complete that the sages tell you about it.

Posted

oh? I can just remember ganon stabbing one of them...

Posted

awesome, this didn;t take long to find at all, just to clear things up:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc4yQNJ8GfM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc4yQNJ8GfM[/url]

just the first chunk, im pretty sure that almost proves that it's not too long after OoT and in the hyrule link goes back to as a child, because the conclusion would be that ganon would be exiled, so he then tried to invade.

I also thought it quite interesting how this cutscene shows just how little those sages seem to know about what happened before (in OoT). They call ganondorf having part of the triforce "some divine prank"...

Posted

I wish they'dve kept the old sages and not made all six look the same in TP.
They were all displayed in their true likenesses in the windows of the Master Sword room in the WW. So why shouldn't they look like the ones from OOT.

Posted

Ok I agree with what others say about the four swords, There should be some side quests that need 2+ people.

what race are the players?

The storyline should be that of before the Great War, the tribes (goron, deku, sheikah ,hylian, zora, guerudo, maybe even twilight creatures) should all be separated,
and preping for war (the Great War in fact), but there should be a small group (with like 1+ people from each tribe(resistance?))
and the players can gets involved in this resistance.
the resistance figures that they need to get the triforce (which has become shattered) to bring peace to the land, so the player gets to search for some pieces, going through dungeons (some needing 2+ people) to collect them.

yea tell me what you think so far and if you like Ill continue on.

Posted

i got a story line.

This takes place after Link is dead from disease. Ganondorf finds his way back to Hyrule after link's death. Since link is dead, Ganondorf takes over Hyrule. The storyline is basically normal citizens of hyrule that rise up and oppose Ganondorf, trying to save hyrule from tyranny and defending Link's spirit.

I honestly can see how this story line can be a movie.

Posted

that works quite well actually, because we need something that pretty much puts link out of the equation

Posted

[quote]Link is dead from disease[/quote]
Wait... dies from disease?
why a disease?
why not from a random soccer accident, old age, or somthing?

Posted

well i was gonna make him die from old age, but i decided why not a disease from ganon's minions, the ones left over. i put in in my intro movie on youtube. ill try to put it on here

Posted

It could be in the "Game Over" Scenario of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link:
Ganon's minions capture link, and use his blood to re-awaken Ganon. Then as you said before, the citizens rise up blah blah blah.

Posted

I think thats a good idea. With the citisins riseing up and all. Link does need to be out of the picture if its an MMORPG. Sadly, though...Its so hard to think of Hyrule without a dude in that funky green hat D:

and it would be neat if you could pick your race, too, and it would maybe effect the gameplay in some sort of way. Like, in a lot of MMORPGS, they have classes, right? Kinda like that....

sorry, that didnt have anything to do with the storyline. But yeah, the citisins of Hyrule go off to distroy Ganon! I dont know how one could incorperate that into an MMORPG, but hey, its worth a shot.

Posted

[quote name='Karri' post='48921' date='Jun 12 2007, 07:20 PM']I think thats a good idea. With the citisins riseing up and all. Link does need to be out of the picture if its an MMORPG. Sadly, though...Its so hard to think of Hyrule without a dude in that funky green hat D:
and it would be neat if you could pick your race, too, and it would maybe effect the gameplay in some sort of way. Like, in a lot of MMORPGS, they have classes, right? Kinda like that....

sorry, that didnt have anything to do with the storyline. But yeah, the citisins of Hyrule go off to distroy Ganon! I dont know how one could incorperate that into an MMORPG, but hey, its worth a shot.[/quote]

ok, thats all very good ideas, but i love sheik! so can sheik have something to do with it? i was thinking an oot, tp thing... :zelda: i also like zelda too, so...yeah :D

Posted

[quote name='Zelda girl 4ever' post='48940' date='Jun 12 2007, 06:54 PM']ok, thats all very good ideas, but i love sheik! so can sheik have something to do with it? i was thinking an oot, tp thing... :zelda: i also like zelda too, so...yeah :D[/quote]

oh yes ^^ I forgot the Sheika's and the Gerudo. It'd be cool tom play as them. lol XD maybe you could even pickpocket someone if you were a Gerudo! lol!

Posted

If ur planning to have players choose to play on the good or bad side, heres a story i'd like.

With ganondorf leading the gerudos and sheika, Link had to go on a long quest before trying to defeat ganondorf. On his quest made allies with kokiri, gorons, and zoras. Finally when he went to fight ganondorf at the tower, he fell into a trap and was turned to stone, stripped of his master sword (which was then placed in a well protected dungeon ;-) ).

The good side:
when kokiri, gorons, and zora people found out, it gave them the courage to stand up against ganondorf and his allies while the sages try to restore link back to life. Ganondorf is the final and most powerfull enemy at the end.

The Bad side:
After turning Link to stone, the goron/zora/kokiri alliance managed to break in and take the stone link. So ganondorf sends his sheikans, gerudos, and (some other allies, cant think of anything else, for now ill say hylians) to either take back the stone link, or destroy him. leads to the final boss battle which is link.

I thought having the sheika in the bad side would give people reason to choose bad, hell, i would play as sheik over link.

If players can only play on the good side, then i guess the same story but with all the tribes on the good side.

what do u guys think?

*edit* btw, i would be interested in making an opening video for the game, my brother is good with after effects, and me and my little brother have been makin' films for a good while. If u ever know for sure the story u want, pm me the story and im sure i can make a badass intro.

Posted

Why does Link have to be dead? He could be an active character in the main plot. he could be sort of like a trainer and start you off, wanting you to follow in his footsteps or something. Or even like a quest giver or something.