Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Storyline Suggestions

96 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='49771' date='Jun 17 2007, 12:06 AM']Now why don't more people have that attitude? :D

Yer, I'm working on my own, I thought that ought to have been fairly obvious from my signiture though, i made the text bigger and everything recently :unsure:

I think including link and Zelda would be hard to include, especially link because he's the big hero, so that kinda just makes us all look rubbish...[/quote]

:embarrassed: to many posts can look noobish. and because I'm new, I'm trying my best to look the least noobish as possible.

Ah..I didnt see that in your signature. neat ^^ goodluck.

and yeah, including them would be hard. Zelda, woldnt be to hard....but Link would. He'd be saving the day while all of us playing the game would be scratching our heads.

Posted

final fantasy sucks

Posted

I think, if it's going to be a MMORPG, that we should have a constant battle between the two sides: the Revolutionists (Evil, but not evil... they want Hyrule under new rule) and the Hyrule supporters (I don't know what we should call them). It should take place directly after OoT so we won't have to worry about Link, and Zelda can just be an NPC. The Revolutionists try to steal away the Triforce so they can achieve their goal, and the Hylians are battling against them to fend them off. They don't want to have to use the Triforce's power because they're afraid that its power will fall into the wrong hands again and be abused. I have a whole backstory about stuff like this. I just need to type it up...

So what do you think? Revolutionists and anti-Revolutionists? Or would that be too straightforward?

Posted

Sounds cool.
The Revoloutionists could be the Sheikah, Poe (weird yes but they are fairly diverse in their shapes and sizes), Garo, Ikan, Twili, Gerudo, Deku (They have their own Monarchy), Darknut/Iron Knuckle, Keaton, Subrosians, Skull Kids/Stalfi, Tokay, Zuna (Four Swords- Gerudos),

The Royalists could be the Zora, Gorons, Hylia, Humans, Fairies, Picori, Kokiri, Oocca, The Yeta, Rito, Koroks, Wind Tribe, Merfolk (Link's Awakening).

How does that sound, 13 on each side?
You must realise though I am including every race, so some could be deleted, but the sheer amount would give a very good range.

Posted

I've always thought of the Keaton as being for Hyrule, but I guess that would work too.

As far as the multiplayerness goes, we could have tournaments or contests, or unique quests for each race/alignment. So it would be a competitive team effort. We could have a neutral alignment as well, but that means we'd have to cut races from the list to even it out.

I'd say there should be two 'deities', one fighting for each alignment. My idea was, aside from the goddesses, there could be Phoenix, the guardian of the Triforce, and another being opposite of him. They could just be NPCs, but play a role in some of the sidequests. Overthrowing the other alignment's deity would get the individual players more involved and make the game more fun.

But the question remains: Do we have the Triforce struggle continuous and have an ongoing "points" competition, or do we let one side win and move on to a continued plot?

Posted

Anarchy, huh? Well, I dunno about that. The game should be plotwise like Zelda. We've never had any major uprisisings since the Great War. It could be a Great War, but that would mean all races would have to attack each other, and that means that there would be a lot more mapping, since they'd need their own huge place so as to not be able to attack the person next to them that spawns in the newbie area. Which would mean expanding Hyrule from Ocarina of Time, which sounds like a nightmare all in itself. You'd actually have friends in a scenario like World of Warcraft. Sure, the different sides are pretty fun, but people develope negative attitudes. One of my friend's moms almost didn't let me in the house since I was Alliance and her entire house was Horde.... But I doubt people'd take it that seriously. Sure, people should have different sides! Unfortunately, it'd take a bunch more out of what they can get. Maybe make it so both sides can access the same area, but can be attacked. Anarchy would be too unZelda-like. Maybe have enemy races join the fray. Maybe not enemies as powerful as Darknuts, but characters of equal status, such as Dekus, or Stalfos/children. (Stalfos is the plural of Stalfos =P) The Deku could equip seeds to launch at you, or something. I doubt Subrosians would do much fighting, being either new, or never seen in Hyrule. Depends on where your timeline is, eh? Either way, I doubt there will be a ton of races, or something.
Meow...
Sahaqiel

Posted

I am liking Keaton's idea, having competitions etc. and the whole races thing sounds good.
Maybe having it [i]during[/i] The Great War?

Posted

[quote name='Keaton' post='50212' date='Jun 19 2007, 07:28 AM']So what do you think? Revolutionists and anti-Revolutionists? Or would that be too straightforward?[/quote]

i like it, but we have to change names... horde an alliance would be better... lol=)

Posted

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]Or it could be uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... I'll get back to you on this......

Yours Truely,
:triforce:
Mr.Triforce

[color="#ff0000"]P.S. What about the Tingles vs. the Hylians?!?!?!?!? All hail the[/color] [color="#8b0000"]FWF[/color] :tingle: [color="#ff0000"]!!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/color][/font]

Posted

[quote name='hyruledotnetwillriseagain' post='45860' date='May 23 2007, 01:39 PM']how about a Final Fantasy style story?[/quote]

No! Not final fantasy! Final fantasy is the wearst game ever! And if you gonna have that,i tell all my friends thats was supposing to play to not play,because they hate it to!Final fantasy!? Get a life..

Posted

[quote name='Ruffy' post='52441' date='Jun 28 2007, 12:26 PM']No! Not final fantasy! Final fantasy is the wearst game ever! And if you gonna have that,i tell all my friends thats was supposing to play to not play,because they hate it to!Final fantasy!? Get a life..[/quote]

Ouch, man. Harsh.

I have an idea for the Zelda MMORPG!!!! How about it starts off at the Great War, evolves into Minish Cap, then OoT, And then Majora's Mask (We could exclude this since It would take three days of your playing to save thre entire world, or we could upgrade the time to 2 weeks or six months. Or we could SC**W the time thing.)
, Then Twilight Princess (IN 2D!!!! HOW SWEET WOULD [b]THAT[/b] BE?) Then Wind Waker...

And then the rest of the timeline as it unfolds in Zelda Retropective.

I believe there is ONE timeline (see "UGH!" in R & R *If it's still there* Or my "SPLIT TIMELINE?!" Thing in Rants and raves, which has a link to it. )

How does that sound? It would be one of the LONGEST MMORPG'S [b]EVER[/b] MADE, and therefore (In my view) a REALLY FUN experience.

Whatta ya think? :D :biggrin:

Posted

[quote name='Ruffy' post='50168' date='Jun 18 2007, 01:24 PM']final fantasy sucks[/quote]
you suck

Posted

Quit flaming FF. This is a suggestion thread, not a flamey thread. :n_n:

Anyway, I think the flowing timelines thing would be extremely hard to pull off..

I like the idea of setting it before OoT and during the great war, and setting the revolutionists and royalists into the plot. 'Twould make things much easier, but we would have to get really creative with the plot or events.

I think we should do something like Pokemon Crater (if you've ever played it) where you walk around the map and randomly fight (Capture them in Crater...) monsters to gain experience. Then, when you're strong enough, you can go fight more significant-to-the-plot battles in specific places. Every type of monster gets you a set number of exp. points for a specific skill. So you could have the base stats of your race, but you could alter your stats to a certain degree by fighting certain monsters.

In the newbie area, if there is any, there should be a variety of weak stat-gaining exp. monsters. That way the players could be introduced to them. But for more advanced stats, like stamina or magic, there should be semi-hard-to-get-to areas specifically designed for training in these areas.

I don't know if that made any sense.. but I think it'd be pretty cool.

Posted

Races just need to have specific powers, but the levelling system would make things very difficult for people with little time. You'd get people who would stay online for like 24 hours. just levelling up so they can pwn everyone else at it.

It just kind of makes it unfair, that, and Dustin would have to spend enormous amounts of time working out the levels at which the races could learn moves; making the animations for the moves, working out damage from them. etc.

BTW, I heard that there was another Zelda MMORPG. There wasn't actually any point to it, just people running around bashing eachother with the megaton hammer.

Posted

The thing is you have to have some sort of grinding system in an MMORPG because otherwise there's no real way to distinguish between newbies and people who have actually spent time and effort on the game getting good.