Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Storyline Suggestions

96 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Maidenforce' post='48972' date='Jun 13 2007, 02:57 AM']Why does Link have to be dead? He could be an active character in the main plot. he could be sort of like a trainer and start you off, wanting you to follow in his footsteps or something. Or even like a quest giver or something.[/quote]

Oh ^^ yeah! thats a good idea! Link doesnt HAVE to be dead...but then again, why wouldnt he just defeat Ganon himself D:

Posted

well, i didnt exactly kill him, but exactly, if he was alive, he'd do it himself, and i wouldnt be too fond of the idea of him needing an army to help him out.

Posted

Actually, I wouldn't think it a bad idea if the storyline took you to places like Holodrum, or Libryanna, and in turn, take you to places like Subrosia, or something like that. It'd solve lack of mapping, and it'd be interesting. A good storyline... Hmm.. I think a quest for the Triforce'd be obvious, and saving Zelda just a bit too blah, so I'm not sure. It can't be an economic plot, because where would that take you?
A great building war would be very interesting, but when that war ends, what will you do? You could have the war go on infinitely, until you can make a storyline for the next plot. Maybe one of the Goddesses gets controlled by an evil force, or something, and you have to release said Goddess. That could be a quest, I don't know. (Plot making for MMOs is hard, eh? XD)
A simple comptetion for power'd be a bit... Primitive.
OH, I have a contributing idea fror the war thing. Somewhere along the line, you get to choose whether you want to house Power, Courage, or Wisdom in your mind, and a battle ensues between the three. It'd be kind of like actual war, you know? Brother against brother, Hylian against Goron, who knows? The three different Essence groups could each raise a specified stat, say, Wisdom increases whatever you use magic with, and defense, Power (Obviously) raises strength, or physical attack, Courage raises speed, and critical hit ratios, or whatever. (Courageous = You don't wait to get in the fight =P. Normally the courageous hero always gets lucky, so critical hits would make sense.)
There could be some battles scheduled, as decided by moderators of the game, or what have you. These scheduled battles would determine which Essence of the Triforce is dominant, and in turn, the battlers gain ranks, or price deductions.
I'm wondering if you're including races in the game, because conflict based plot shouldn't always be racial. We don't know everything about the Great War, so why assume we do? Plots in games are always a huge factor, (Unless it's meant to be like Mario Party 8 XD) so I'm not sure what exactly would be in something like this. I've heard great ideas from previous posters.
(I don't remember there being raping by Gerudo in the Great War backstory anywhere :huh: )
MMOs need a continuous plot, and wars aren't continuous, so I'm not sure. WoW pulled it off. But that's only because they take forever. How long have you been working on this? What program are you using?
Either way, I'm iffy on the plot. But I'm just one person.
I don't suppose a very silly plot would get you anywhere...
Sahaqiel

Posted

I would like to see something fresh and new. My suggestion wold be to make the tale of the great flood! Yep, everything that happened before the great flood. That would be pretty interesting I think. BTW, Hyrule Online is not the official title, is it? I mean, it's not very original, maybe, after you decide the story line yo could give the game other name :D

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='49081' date='Jun 13 2007, 02:06 PM']Actually, I wouldn't think it a bad idea if the storyline took you to places like Holodrum, or Libryanna, and in turn, take you to places like Subrosia, or something like that. It'd solve lack of mapping, and it'd be interesting. A good storyline... Hmm.. I think a quest for the Triforce'd be obvious, and saving Zelda just a bit too blah, so I'm not sure. It can't be an economic plot, because where would that take you?
A great building war would be very interesting, but when that war ends, what will you do? You could have the war go on infinitely, until you can make a storyline for the next plot. Maybe one of the Goddesses gets controlled by an evil force, or something, and you have to release said Goddess. That could be a quest, I don't know. (Plot making for MMOs is hard, eh? XD)
A simple comptetion for power'd be a bit... Primitive.
OH, I have a contributing idea fror the war thing. Somewhere along the line, you get to choose whether you want to house Power, Courage, or Wisdom in your mind, and a battle ensues between the three. It'd be kind of like actual war, you know? Brother against brother, Hylian against Goron, who knows? The three different Essence groups could each raise a specified stat, say, Wisdom increases whatever you use magic with, and defense, Power (Obviously) raises strength, or physical attack, Courage raises speed, and critical hit ratios, or whatever. (Courageous = You don't wait to get in the fight =P. Normally the courageous hero always gets lucky, so critical hits would make sense.)
There could be some battles scheduled, as decided by moderators of the game, or what have you. These scheduled battles would determine which Essence of the Triforce is dominant, and in turn, the battlers gain ranks, or price deductions.
I'm wondering if you're including races in the game, because conflict based plot shouldn't always be racial. We don't know everything about the Great War, so why assume we do? Plots in games are always a huge factor, (Unless it's meant to be like Mario Party 8 XD) so I'm not sure what exactly would be in something like this. I've heard great ideas from previous posters.
(I don't remember there being raping by Gerudo in the Great War backstory anywhere :huh: )
MMOs need a continuous plot, and wars aren't continuous, so I'm not sure. WoW pulled it off. But that's only because they take forever. How long have you been working on this? What program are you using?
Either way, I'm iffy on the plot. But I'm just one person.
I don't suppose a very silly plot would get you anywhere...
Sahaqiel[/quote]

That idea spunds great ^^ I think thats probaly the best one yet! Wars cant go on forever, and it gets almost boring if thats the only thing going on D:

:D So, I like Sahaqiels idea. Just my opinion. I'm sorry, I'm posting alot....

Posted

Alright, I'm sorry ^^ I'm posting twice, but I just had a neat storyline idea!

maybe....well....Link becomes king by marrying Zelda, and He leads Hyrule into a golden age, an age filled with peace. But one day, Link disappears out of nowhere leaving nothing behind. No one knows what happened to him, no one finds him, dead or alive. With Link gone, Ganondorf raises again. He reduces cites to nothingness, taking all the residents as prisoners. But a group of Hylian (and Zora, and Gorons, and Kokiri, on so on.) Form an underground (or not so underground) resistance, and escape. The resistance fights back agensed Ganondorf, and trys to find the now missing king of Hyrule, which makes them go over many different lands. (like the ones is MM and the oracles) Others, to save themselves, or in hopes of fulfilling their own evil intentions, join on Ganondofs side. Obviously, this tears the once golden land of Hyrule apart. Some villages are hidden, these are the ones formed by the resistance, hideouts for them. Other citys are turned into dark, dark wastelands, where the ones serving ganondof stay.

The players could play as the resistance or the ones loyal to Ganondof, and from there they could have a war. Of course, I have no clue once-so-ever where the heck this would fall into the timeline of the games. I just thought of this and thought it would be a good idea to share with everyone :D I also have no clue about MMORPG's, either. I've only played a coupple, Rune scape and Tales of Pirates, and I havent played either for verry long.

EDIT: I'm sorry for the lack of thought put into this. It really doesnt go into any parts of the storyline of the games at all. :embarrassed: please excuse me. Also, this was typed really fast, out of the blue, as well. I just thought of it all of a sudden and decided to post it up here.

Posted

[quote name='Karri' post='49122' date='Jun 13 2007, 09:17 PM']Alright, I'm sorry ^^ I'm posting twice, but I just had a neat storyline idea!
maybe....well....Link becomes king by marrying Zelda, and He leads Hyrule into a golden age, an age filled with peace. But one day, Link disappears out of nowhere leaving nothing behind. No one knows what happened to him, no one finds him, dead or alive. With Link gone, Ganondorf raises again. He reduces cites to nothingness, taking all the residents as prisoners. But a group of Hyruleins (and Zora, and gorgons, and Kokirian, on so on.) Form an underground (or not so underground) resistance, and escape. The resistance fights back agensed Ganondorf, and trys to find the now missing king of Hyrule, which makes them go over many different lands. (like the ones is MM and the oracles) Others, to save themselves, or in hopes of fulfilling their own evil intentions, join on Ganondofs side. Obviously, this tears the once golden land of Hyrule apart. Some villages are hidden, these are the ones formed by the resistance, hideouts for them. Other citys are turned into dark, dark wastelands, where the ones serving ganondof stay.
The players could play as the resistance or the ones loyal to Ganondof, and from there they could have a war. Of course, I have no clue whatsoever where the heck this would fall into the timeline of the games. I just thought of this and thought it would be a good idea to share with everyone :D I also have no clue about MMORPG's, either. I've only played a couple, Runescape and Tales of Pirates, and I haven't played either for verry long.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for the support, Karri, but just to give you a few points so you won't have to be corrected later, it's spelled, "Hylian", "Kokiri", and "Gorons". Those are the plurals of the races :embarrassed: . The King never really made Link go anywhere. In MM, (Theoritically/obviously), Link goes by himself to find Navi, and in the Oracle games, the Triforce sends Link on his quest.

On topic, Ganondorf being in the game? It would be pretty awesome if every villain was involved. Vaati, Ganondorf, Veran, Onox, Ahganim, etc. all being in the game trying to defeat Hyrule in some way. I understand AI isn't exactly easy to program, especially for bosses, but it'd be pretty interesting to see old villains having some role in the game. I don't suppose a game where you fight to unite the races would make sense at all O_o If they all had common goals, then a couple of treaties later, and bam, they're united. I think a nice random event engine'd be nice. These would give you strange segments of cut scenes, then dumping you in some place plot-related, which ultimately ends in you getting a new item, and a new quest. Like, you fall into the Golden Land randomely if you're near the mountains, then the Triforce gives you a quest or two. Dustin, I know you're working hard over there, but listen to your fans! Some of them have genuinely good ideas ;D
Perhaps you need to settle a dispute between the Goddesses? They're all supposed to be equal, but then a lot of things can lead to fights :D Chaos could descend upon the land as the Goddesses fight. Time stops, the land becomes distorted, life itself becomes in danger.
Do your best with the time you have =P
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='49128' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:50 PM']Hey, thanks for the support, Karri, but just to give you a few points so you won't have to be corrected later, it's spelled, "Hylian", "Kokiri", and "Gorons". Those are the plurals of the races :embarrassed: . The King never really made Link go anywhere. In MM, (Theoritically/obviously), Link goes by himself to find Navi, and in the Oracle games, the Triforce sends Link on his quest.

On topic, Ganondorf being in the game? It would be pretty awesome if every villain was involved. Vaati, Ganondorf, Veran, Onox, Ahganim, etc. all being in the game trying to defeat Hyrule in some way. I understand AI isn't exactly easy to program, especially for bosses, but it'd be pretty interesting to see old villains having some role in the game. I don't suppose a game where you fight to unite the races would make sense at all O_o If they all had common goals, then a couple of treaties later, and bam, they're united. I think a nice random event engine'd be nice. These would give you strange segments of cut scenes, then dumping you in some place plot-related, which ultimately ends in you getting a new item, and a new quest. Like, you fall into the Golden Land randomely if you're near the mountains, then the Triforce gives you a quest or two. Dustin, I know you're working hard over there, but listen to your fans! Some of them have genuinely good ideas ;D
Perhaps you need to settle a dispute between the Goddesses? They're all supposed to be equal, but then a lot of things can lead to fights :D Chaos could descend upon the land as the Goddesses fight. Time stops, the land becomes distorted, life itself becomes in danger.
Do your best with the time you have =P
Sahaqiel[/quote]

Oh D: I'm sorry. I'm really messed up with my horrid spelling...and lack of knowledge. D: lemmie change that :embarrassed: I'm sorry, I must be so noodbish!

and yes, really, I've actully made a very simple game with game maker, so I know how hard it is to program things. AI is hard to program. very hard. That goes double for bosses! So, Dustin is really quite amazing taking on such a large, large, task such as a whole MMORPG. Programing all of those events, writing ALL that text, not to mention all the art, and massive worlds, lag problems needed for an MMO, is a lot of things so do. And also, its quite annoying when boundary boxes for certain things scramble up. Collision control can go wacky a lot too (when it does, stuff like walking through walls, and falling through random places happens.) and the scripting is also such a pain, because if you type one thing wrong it can mess up tons of things. So, Dustin is awesome And everyone else who's helping with it too. Real awesome, for taking this on.

I'm sorry :( that was long, and had barely anything to do with the forum topic....

anyway, yes! your idea is awesome, Sahaquel. Life itself becomes in danger. Nice! And Triforce quests would be verry, very cool too. And a ton of different villains would make the game interesting as well :D

Posted

I'm making a Zelda game on Gamemaker as I type. (Making health for the first boss, and dungeon itself) It's not hard once you have a lot of help. A lot.

Anyways, Dustin, have you decided on a plot? Your beta release for all the people qualified is coming up soon, so I'm wondering if you have anything in store?
Man, I wish I could test it. Looks beautiful, even if it IS going to be buggy, Zelda gamers will unite!
Not that I'm saying it's buggy. I heard someone made a pre-game movie for you. That would requre a plot, and it turns out we haven't had any notice of this plot of yours. But hey, it's your game. You can do anything with it, really, include mess it up on purpose, so I don't think anyone wants to push you. Of course, I don't think I, or anyone expect you to go over the edge like that.
Can you give us a vague idea that belongs to you?
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='49138' date='Jun 13 2007, 07:57 PM']I'm making a Zelda game on Gamemaker as I type. (Making health for the first boss, and dungeon itself) It's not hard once you have a lot of help. A lot.

Anyways, Dustin, have you decided on a plot? Your beta release for all the people qualified is coming up soon, so I'm wondering if you have anything in store?
Man, I wish I could test it. Looks beautiful, even if it IS going to be buggy, Zelda gamers will unite!
Not that I'm saying it's buggy. I heard someone made a pre-game movie for you. That would requre a plot, and it turns out we haven't had any notice of this plot of yours. But hey, it's your game. You can do anything with it, really, include mess it up on purpose, so I don't think anyone wants to push you. Of course, I don't think I, or anyone expect you to go over the edge like that.
Can you give us a vague idea that belongs to you?
Sahaqiel[/quote]

Yes, I'd like to know what plots decided on as well. I was thinking of making an fan-flash.

Posted

look at all the new members being active here=) lovely!

keep them ideas coming :D

Posted

[quote name='Karri' post='49210' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:23 PM']Yes, I'd like to know what plots decided on as well. I was thinking of making an fan-flash.[/quote]

same, lol, but I geuss i should probabbly be working on own instead :wacko:

Posted

[quote name='Karri' post='48941' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:59 PM']oh yes ^^ I forgot the Sheika's and the Gerudo. It'd be cool tom play as them. lol XD maybe you could even pickpocket someone if you were a Gerudo! lol![/quote]

yea! lol

i want sheik in this thing were talking about!!!!! SHEIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and link and zelda have to do something! (cuz i like link and zelda together! :zelda: )

Posted

[quote name='Zelda girl 4ever' post='49353' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:54 PM']yea! lol
i want sheik in this thing were talking about!!!!! SHEIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and link and zelda have to do something! (cuz i like link and zelda together! :zelda: )[/quote]

Hmm, yes. Sheik. that would be hard though, because of the fact that he is a she, and in fact Zelda herself in disguise. It'd be cool though, if there was an picture of Sheik somewhere in Zelda online. Enough to satisfy Sheik fans XD yoops. I probaly should be posting that on the suggestions section ^^ I'm always so off topic :embarrassed:

and to GingerLink (trying not the spam with to many posts :embarrassed: so I added two quotes into one post) :

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='49255' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:31 AM']same, lol, but I geuss i should probabbly be working on own instead :wacko:[/quote]

Your working on a flash as well?

Posted

[quote name='Karri' post='49524' date='Jun 16 2007, 02:35 AM']and to GingerLink (trying not the spam with to many posts :embarrassed: so I added two quotes into one post) :[/quote]

Now why don't more people have that attitude? :D

Yer, I'm working on my own, I thought that ought to have been fairly obvious from my signiture though, i made the text bigger and everything recently :unsure:

I think including link and Zelda would be hard to include, especially link because he's the big hero, so that kinda just makes us all look rubbish...