Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Questions & Answers - Updated 6/4/07 2:52AM

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Guffwah? That...That sucks! I wanted to test it soo baad...

I have an eye for screw ups, man. Translations in official games, mispellations in books, messed up word choice, even graphical issues!

Posted

i would leave Django, just be patient.

Posted

okey I got some questions;

will you choose different classes for you character? like, mage, warrior, priest or whatever?

And will the map be based on oot Hyrule, Tp Hyrule or did you make your own?

Posted

im pretty sure dustin said there would be different classes, as for map, im not sure

Posted

The map is original to Hyrule Online.

Posted

okey, but do you have places like kakariko village, zora's fontain and death mountain in it?

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised, they're pretty iconic zelda places, but it would also be nice to see a lot of new ones added to get some variations...

Posted

yeahI hope so, I would also like to see gerudoe valley.

Posted

Here's my question.

Will Comic Artists etc. be able to alpha/beta test?

If not, I would like to test it, if you need more testers.

Posted

Youve asked this many times, with the same answer. that answer is NO.

Posted

I don't think that's up to you to decide...

Posted

we have enough testers django I believe.... be patient....

Posted

I have a couple questions:
What are you working on currently (race, map, levels, etc.) ?
How fast is the game progressing?
Do you have a clear idea in your head of what you want it to be or are you going one step at a time, without a very clear picture?

Posted

[quote name='Max Rox Ur Sox' post='46061' date='May 24 2007, 08:09 PM']I have a couple questions:
What are you working on currently (race, map, levels, etc.) ?
How fast is the game progressing?
Do you have a clear idea in your head of what you want it to be or are you going one step at a time, without a very clear picture?[/quote]

He is most likely working on the map and combat stuff
I would say at a decent rate as there is a handful of demo pictures *cough* leaked ones *cough*
I think he has a clear idea on what he wants to happen but he also may be both... half and half as he is taking suggestions to help him out on what he should add

Even though he has a lot more time now that he is on summer vacation doesn't mean you don't need to work 24/7 on it dustin... take your time on it.

Posted

The beta testing will likely first be limited to staff that can see the entire staff section. Comic staff will get to help beta test as well but that will come a little later.

I have a very clear picture of what I'd like the majority of the game to become. Some things are hard to get a very clear picture on right now though since as I fine tune things and work on the details I have to figure out good ways to code things so I adapt some of the things I do to match what can be realistically done without insane work. Some of the fancier features will probably have to be put off to be implemented down the road as I can't cram nearly close to any of the awesome stuff I want in if I ever want to release this.

I am currently working on getting general things to work exactly right. I'm not only making the game, I'm programming the backend to run it. It needs to be flexible ans expandable. Bombs work great, lanterns work great, hookshots work poorly (so far), warping is fine, bow and arrows are fine, combat seems to be finished, point, experience, HP, damage, defense, etc seem to be completed. I'm mostly fine tuning and starting to move onto get animations assigned to things. I'm using temporary images for items and animations right now. Once all of that is done I will release beta and then worry about getting the proper images and animations.

The next thing I will probably work on is trying to make automated events easier to use. For example, if I want it so that once five torches in a room are lit a doorway opens. I can do that currently but I'd like to make it easier so that others can help me design maps and levels. After that ability is done I will probably get some quests made and release a very shoddy beta for the mods. With several people on, I'm sure bugs will be easy to find. :)

In between programming I've been working on maps. They are fun to make too.... :) Good break from coding.

Update: The thing I'm NOT looking forward to is trying to balance item prices, experience, exp needed to level up, defense, and all that mess. That is going to be horrible to design... especially as things vary depending on race. It will be very difficult to balance things to be fair and not end up with 'broken' things that are overly powerful. A lot of care and testing will be needed to test these things. Feedback will be good too.

To give some other people some hope, during a later beta phase I will likely have random drawings to allow those interested the chance to help beta test.