Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Questions & Answers - Updated 6/4/07 2:52AM

77 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Soi Karuna' post='47226' date='May 31 2007, 04:25 PM']how can i be a mod?[/quote]

when dustin has the feeling of the need of more mods...

Posted

[quote name='Soi Karuna' post='47226' date='Jun 1 2007, 09:25 AM']how can i be a mod?[/quote]

asskissing... :unsure:

neh just kidding. Dustin only chooses new mods when he feels like he need more mods, but beeing friendly, helpfull and active will certanly increase your chances.

Posted

k, thanks

Posted

Where did you get the idea of Hyrule Online?

Posted

what r u using to make the game?

Posted

*Sigh*... Maybe next time. I really wanted to test the beta, as I have an eye for mistakes, and I have a buggy game of my own, so I'm experienced with them. (Believe me. Just ask any one of my friends. I correct them constantly. Only for joking purposes, though.) Well, as for classes and combat, don't make their names generic ones, such as or warrior, or whatever. Warrior could be a Knight. I do have a few questions. How large will this area [i]be[/i]? Like, average Hyrule size? That'd be nice, but it'd also be nice if it were larger. Is it geologically like Hyrule? Such as placement of lakes, rivers, Hyrule Field central to the country, etc.?
Is there a way for someone such as myself to test the beta? I'm making a Zelda-based game myself. ( So far I've got one third of the first dungeon, and a small town, but oh well =P) How will the text system work? Censoring, can you actually USE CAPITALS ANYWHERE, (Unlike Runescape.) text windows, etc.? Counting everything at the moment, how many weapons/items do you have? ( Unless this is secret.)
All games start from something small, so I'm hoping this can become something huge.
One last thing...
Can I start advertising? XD
Hype's been getting me hyper.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Question:
If I walk in the game so peacefully ...
And *All of a sudden* someone attacks my :wacko:
Or most that one warning you before he attacking you

*All of a sudden* (Babel fish)

Posted

Django? do you read one piece?

Posted

Can you find glass things and deku sticks in Zelda Online? like deku three :D

Posted

I wonder.. Is the Server down? Because all i get are; [07:06:29:11:21:46] * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

Also +m is muted. Not moderated.

Posted

server isnt even up, i dont think

Posted

Hyrule Online will likely be delayed. This is due to lack of dedicated qualified staff.

We need staff for Hyrule Online that are qualified to handle such an undertaking. My current staff for Hyrule Online is very qualified BUT none of them are helping anymore due to being busy with other stuff so basically I've been working on it alone again.

This doesn't cut it. It's way too big of a project to get stuck with doing myself. I'm not exactly sure what to do now because finding a good staff for this is very difficult. I need VERY competent and advanced people. Programming experience. Graphical tallent. Intelligent. Probably older in age as this tends to bring more experience with these things.

PM me if you are interested. Keep in mind that I need serious people that have serious skills. Could you make an MMORPG on your own if you only had the time? That's the kind of people I need. Could you make sprites that are ACTUALLY good (like the quality of other MMO's or real games)? I need you.

I need SERIOUS talent for this AND you have to be motivated unlike my current team.

Posted

Well i could try, but I have no idea on the multiplayer/online scripting and I'd only really be able to do it in flash

so I'd say that counts me out from programming...

Posted

[quote name='dustin' post='55150' date='Jul 4 2007, 07:51 PM']Hyrule Online will likely be delayed. This is due to lack of dedicated qualified staff.

We need staff for Hyrule Online that are qualified to handle such an undertaking. My current staff for Hyrule Online is very qualified BUT none of them are helping anymore due to being busy with other stuff so basically I've been working on it alone again.

This doesn't cut it. It's way too big of a project to get stuck with doing myself. I'm not exactly sure what to do now because finding a good staff for this is very difficult. I need VERY competent and advanced people. Programming experience. Graphical tallent. Intelligent. Probably older in age as this tends to bring more experience with these things.

PM me if you are interested. Keep in mind that I need serious people that have serious skills. Could you make an MMORPG on your own if you only had the time? That's the kind of people I need. Could you make sprites that are ACTUALLY good (like the quality of other MMO's or real games)? I need you.

I need SERIOUS talent for this AND you have to be motivated unlike my current team.[/quote]

:cry:

I would love to help, but i'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do nothing... :cry:

Posted

I would love to help you out, even if I could only be of minimal help. I can make sprites for you. I can't possibly be 110% dedicated as my computer access is limited whenever at this house. I would love to learn code, but I'm afraid I'm useless in that category at the moment. (At the moment.) Anyways, I can only make sprites for you in the end. But don't give up! (Whisper: We beleive in you <_< >_>)
Good luck, and I hope you can find help!
(It would help if you told us which program you were using as well. Maybe a better FAQ thread...)
Sahaqiel