Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Game Status - Updated 6/5/07

49 posts in this topic

Posted

After programming goals are met, things should speed up very quickly as people can then help me with things. I'll update this list as I get major things done or think of new things.

[b]Programming to do before alpha release:[/b]
Tweaks to cooking and fishing systems.
Various minor quest things

[b]Non-programming things to do before alpha release:[/b]
More mapping
- Need more overall maps
- Current maps are very bare
- Indoor areas are very bare
Input items, weapons, and their stats until the game database (easy but time consuming)
Migrate to using Zelda images for items, weapons, sprites, animations, etc. (low priority. may wait until beta)
Set sound effects for items and weapons
Basic storyline integration.
Add some more enemies.

[b]Things to do before beta release:[/b]
Storyline integration
Intro movie?
Add many more enemies.

Posted

Wow, there are a lot of things to do Dustin

Can I help doing something? Mabye maps images? I don't know about programming but I know how to make maps and images :D

Posted

Fishing and cooking...

*Prays to God*

NOT A ZELDA RUNESCAPE, PLEASE!

(And, you're /in/ Alpha testing. You're working towards /Beta/ testing.)

Sounds neat though.

Posted

give me some sprites and ill try to make an opening movie on Windows movie maker. just tell me everything that needs to be in the story line

Posted

sounds good. I look forward to the beta version =)

Posted

I would agree, I think by beta here he means public release, i mean by the time you get to intro movies and stuff you're just making things presentable.

Posted

If you need anything done, just let me know.
I can make sprites or whatever. :D
Oh, BTW try this site for sounds: [url="http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/"]Here[/url]
Trust me, it's good.
But a note to anyone who uses this site, don't spam on the board. Or I'll go :evil: on you.

Posted

As I said in my post, Alpha [i]release[/i]. This means releasing an alpha version for others besides myself to test. Beta release will come later. The first release to testers will not be beta quality.

I wouldn't consider this to be a "Zelda Runescape". Yes, it does have some of Runescape's features... which a million MMORPG's have. Zelda games often have mini side quests like these. Being that this game is an MMO, many normal Zelda things can't really be done so there has to be more side filler like mining, fishing, and cooking. This creates interaction with other players and helps build a market and economy for the game which is necessary for keeping the MMORPG as interactive with other players as possible. It will be very much a gaming community. Sure, there will be combat and a story, but as an MMO side quests where you can make money and work hard to get rich are important. :)

As for there being a lot of things left, the things left really don't require terribly 'skilled labor'. If you look at how much is already done, the amount left is tiny in comparison. I expect an alpha [i]release[/i] in the not terribly distant future.

From looking at the other Zelda MMORPG project I've seen around, I'd say that Hyrule Online is much further ahead not counting the sprites and such. I'll try to get some specs out for the people that have volunteered to help with sprites, intro. movies, etc.

Hopefully things will pick up soon. A lot of in real life stuff keeps popping up and distracting me from working much such as my mom visiting, Mario Party 8 (oops!), getting groceries, blah blah blah. I really hope you guys like the game once it's out... I'm sure the alpha release will help focus the direction of things a lot.

Posted

oooo, i could do an intro movie in flash, if that fits in at all, I geuss we need a solid story first though, lol.

O and twili, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

I've been looking for sound effects for my game for a while, I think the only one missing here is one for the spinner...

Posted

i got some zora sprites

Posted

I don't care how long it takes just as longs as you take your time on it and don't push your family away to work on Hyrule.net Online...

brain needs food to think... games need a brain for thinking on coding etc...

I will work on some banners etc... for advertisings etc...

It's always a good thing to take a break from something and have a little fun time... (such as playing your mario party 8) you do try to get a lot of stuff done for the site for everyone but don't wear and tear your brain! have fun, take breaks... and don't starve yourself...

I'm not saying you don't take breaks etc...

Posted

Good, good......it's surpirsing how quickly this is coming along. :embarrassed: The one thing that I ask is that there is a petrified beaver weapon..... :unsure: Nah, just...don't...do...that. :embarrassed:

[quote name='gametap' post='48097' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:00 PM']brain needs food to think... and don't starve yourself...[/quote]
Ah ya, breakfast GOOOOD.

Posted

hey guys, im developing an intro movie as we speak. it will take a LONG time, but hopefully i will be able to get it done sometime after my trip to wales

Posted

I'd be making one, but i have no idea what dustin would want...

Posted

What program are you using to create the maps?
Depending on the program I might be able to help with maps