Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Explanation time.

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright. I've already PMed Dustin about this. Here was the PM I sent him:

I don't mind if you let me back or not. But at least read this PM.

Alright. I guess I should've told you first, but this was all a test. I've done it over the years with all of the websites I've been to. They all passed. You passed. Good job. The test was to see how loyal you could be to one of your best friends before you banned them. Or removed them. At first, you were still loyal. That made me happy. So I stepped it up a noch. You were still loyal. I kept going. You were the most loyal friend I've met. Even though you banned me and took away my power, you still wanted to be my friend. That UZF you saw tonight (And for the last couple of days) was a big fake. I never felt that way. I am still the UZF you knew before Ashley. She was just being used for the joke. I liked her, but not so much as to leave you. I had to make it realistic though, or else it wouldn't work.

Anyway, this was just to inform you, not to tell you to let me back. That's your choice. I would like to stay, but if you hate me for trying to test your loyalty, I understand. I'm leaving it up to you, Dustin. Do I stay or go?

This will make sense if you have been in the chat the last couple of days. But if not, I'll explain.

Ok, I have been planning this test for quite awhile. I just haven't come up with a way to do it. Then comes along Princess_Ashley. I talked to her for awhile and I liked her. But I thought to myself "Hmmm...I could use her to test these guys." I realize now it was a bad idea to use someone else for that reason. Anyway, I talked to her for awhile and sort of abandoned Dustin. Before that, I used to talk to Dustin every day. Now remember, this was just a test. So after awhile, I explained to Dustin why I had not talked to him. He was a little upset. He was saying things like "You left me for a girl you just met?" and "You promised to never leave me." I explained to him that I would still talk to him, just not while I was talking to Ashley. He was still upset, so I went into the chat today and most everyone in there (Especially Django) was poking fun at my "Girlfriend" I thought to myself, "Wow, I could use this for the test too." So I acted really angry and threatened to leave forever. I left the chat and instantly people were talking to me on MSN. Dustin, Django, Kimmy, Tappy, and some others. I told them I didn't want to be part of a website that would make fun of me like that and blocked them on MSN. Later, I went back on the chat to further test the loyalty of my good friends. Dustin seemed like the only one who was sad that I was leaving. MOST everyone else (Again, Especailly Django) was violently cursing at me. My plan was working. Now, I admit I shouldn't have taken it as far as to start changing topic titles, but I needed it to be as realistic as possible. So then, after I was done changing some topics around I lost my moderator power. I went back to the chat and asked, "Like what I did to the forums?" and Dustin had no idea that I had changed things around. I told them and they found out. This was the time at which Django offered to be a temporary moderator to help clean up my mess. I was going to clean it up after I explained all of this, But it's already fixed. So then, I was banned from the chat. After that I realized it was time to explain. I PMed Dustin. That's it. I'm still banned from the chat, but not from here. If you guys don't want me back, I understand. But I was only testing.

Posted

Excuse me, but this is a crock of bull

poo

I have pulled crap like "this was a test of your (etc)" plenty of places before.

It's a ploy to say that he regrets what he's doing but he's too proud to say "I was wrong, I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was doing", etc.

Personally, I can never forgive you for any of this, any way you've treated me when I acted like this.

I'm going to lock this to prevent you from being flamed. Any other mod may unlock it at will.

Posted

Even though I don't believe he did "test us" I still forgive him.

Posted

nah let's leave this open... first off I practically say I wasn't sad you are leaving... I never did anything to you... yet you delete me from msn because I'm from the hellish place known as hyrule.net...

why you test EVERY site? for the lulz? see how far you can get up on the trust meter...? dustin and all of us had either trusted you or hid the hate for you and yet you do this...

we... I mean they make fun of your so called girlfriend which I believe was mostly a mass joke, yes I know it may be mean but seriously... think... you and dustin were better buddies than I and him since I tend to be a bit more annoying to him at times... yet you stab him in the back...

trust only goes so far... why whine because you got banned from the chat... you deserved it... let's take a recap...

- Abused your mod powers by changing topics deleting stuff...

- called hyrule.net horrible when essentially it's just the grumpy one ( in this case you )

- lied to dustin... that's not nice

- lied to everyone on hyrule.net

- lied to your friends here in the hellish place known as hyrule.net

let us not decide to decide wether you should get to come back after all of ^ that ^ let youself decide... mostlikely you will say no because you hate the place anyway when you practically brought this on yourself... obviously you last test was fail... you practically MADE us hate you tease you and your "girlfriend" so what are you pissed about?

I can't even think of reasons on what you test a site on!

let the words of Tappy live on your soul...

Posted

If you do test sites, including this one...

Why? Why would you piss people off and betray them as a test? I see no purpose. Your test is designed to make people think you're a jerk and that you don't like them anymore so why should they be nice in return?

I still don't know what to think.

Posted

Alright. Of course none of you would believe my test. I knew you wouldn't. I just wanted to get the truth out there. I now realize I was wrong to make such a test as this. I believe that if I stayed any longer, it just wouldn't be the same. I am deeply sorry for the trouble I have caused you. I guess it's time to take my leave. I'll...miss you guys. Dustin, I'll especially miss you. You will no longer have to deal with me. Goodbye.

Posted

Get on MSN.

Posted

Listen UZF, I don't care if you're lying or not but this was serious damage! Why did the site need to be tested? If you were gonna test anyone at all, test Dustin alone. Don't bring the mess to everyone! And you do this in the time of all of these crashes and attacks? COME ON!

Posted

Incredibly immature and a waste of everyones time, not to mention very stupid.

Posted

Trust is a very fragile thing. And after that stunt, you're going to have to earn every ounce of it back.

I still don't know the specifics, but that story of yours is horribly implausible to say the least. There are ways to test someone's loyalty to you, and lying is obviously not one of them. You got what you wanted, though it was stupidly at the expense of your privileges as a mod, quite possibly a friendship, and the respect and trust of essentially over four thousand people. Did the end results really justify the means, do you think?

Posted

now he is messaging me but cant see what I say because he has me blocked *shakes head*

Posted

You can build up trust for years. But one act of mistrust can demolish even 1,000 years of trust. Lying is the one that does it best.

Posted

Well said Joshizzle and Cat

Posted

Well said Joshizzle and Cat

Thanks Dustin. But UZF, why did you feel the need to" test" us in the first place?

Posted

jesus christ that's the biggest load of crap i've heard in a long time.