Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pet Peeves

96 posts in this topic

Posted

my biggest problem:

my fat, lazy roommate NEVER CLEANS ANYTHING. he never tidies, he never puts things away, he can't even put his dishes in the dishwasher, he can't throw his old food out of the fridge...

and the last time I confronted him, he said that since I'm home more, he thinks I should do more of the cleaning.

I almost kicked/punched/choked the jerk

but instead I said, "joel, I'm not your wife and I'm not your girlfriend. just because I work part time doesn't mean I should do everything around here. if it keeps going on I will not be renewing our lease."

...to absolutely no avail.

what do you guys think? he works full-time, I work part-time (oooh yes, well-paying nursing job), rent is split evenly, I get groceries about 70% of the time, I do about 90% of the cleaning, I handle paying the bills. is there anything I can do to change this ridiculous situation (I can't stand living like this, but our lease is up in july and I REALLY don't want to move again...)

Posted

You should split all the expenses and chores evenly. It's not fair if you do 90% of the cleaning! Tell him it's his place too and he should do as much work in it as you do.

And you shouldn't get the groceries 70% of the time. 50% is just fine.

Posted

threaten him!!

JK, just try and make it seem reasonable as much as you can to make him work

Posted

lol, my whole problem is that it's unfair and I've been unable to change it so far!

other option is to have my lil bro move in come july, but he might be even messier...

here's a new pet peeve:

when work calls me an hour before my evening shift is supposed to start, asking if I can work a double.

even worse:

when I say yes.

so because I'm foolish and weak I now have to work from 3:15 today to 7:30 tomorrow morning, then come back for another shift at 3:15 tomorrow... :wacko:

Posted

lol, my whole problem is that it's unfair and I've been unable to change it so far!

other option is to have my lil bro move in come july, but he might be even messier...

here's a new pet peeve:

when work calls me an hour before my evening shift is supposed to start, asking if I can work a double.

even worse:

when I say yes.

so because I'm foolish and weak I now have to work from 3:15 today to 7:30 tomorrow morning, then come back for another shift at 3:15 tomorrow... :wacko:

thats it

i need to train u to say no

although in school people take advantage of me cuz i am soo nice and i never say no, so i guess we both need help :embarrassed:

Posted

I hate it when people overwhelm me and look up to me as this great guy and think I'm their best friend ever! This has happened a couple of times on the forums. And it's not very nice. >_>

Posted

Kels - try once or twice just buying you're groceries. leave his out.

Posted

Kels - try once or twice just buying you're groceries. leave his out.

yeah

why didnt i think of that

thats a great idea :D

Posted

yeeeah you kind of got me on that one...not only do I get most of the groceries, I also get stuff specifically for him (eww nasty skim milk). however, it's more in the actual trip to the grocery store than the expense. it's time consuming when you just have to go down every aisle just in case (also *cough*your*cough* says the spelling police)

otherwise, I do know how to say no to work, but if they're desperate enough to call me at that hour for a double I feel bad for saying no. getting paid overtime for the second half isn't so bad either! :D

Posted

did u try telling him that u dont like doing all the work?

Posted

nah but I did cancel my evening shift for today

random - has the 'unity' in your name always been spelled wrong or is that something new? I just noticed...

Posted

ever since i changed my name i mispelled it

i cant change it until the waiting time is up

but yeah i know i accidently mispelled it :embarrassed:

Posted

I have a lot more, but here is one of my pet peeves:

My accent.

The rest of you sound likeyou have latin, or spanish, or british accents.

My parents are both English, I live in Australia, and I watch American TV shows.

Can you guess what that makes me sound like?

Canadian.

I mean WTF!? :cry:

Oh and people who call Ilia Llia or something like that!.

Posted

Um... well, I hate it when people use bad grammar and spelling Purposely... if they do it accidentally, it's fine, but purposely... I can't stand it, really. Although, some bad grammar I don't mind. And... that's all I can think of at the moment.

Posted

My Pet Peeve? Uhh...I guess it would have to be my brother's 'cheating at videogames' personality.

..Lemme explain: When me n my brother go head to head in a multiplayer games on like N64 and stuff, whenever I get ahead or am about to win, he shoves me over and I automatically stop in the game, trying to get up. When I realise what he did, he's won! :angry: And if I try to shove him like he does me, well, I can't. I'm 12, he's 18, I don't think that I would make him budge from the seat logically speaking! It's not a huge pet peeve, but it is one of mine. :embarrassed: