Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grr...

50 posts in this topic

Posted

ADS ARE SUCKY. The're ruining everything.

Dustin tells me to PM him what's bugging me, but the problem is. ALMOST EVERYTHING IS.

@Sir J(again):How is it a big scene? IM SIMPLY RANTING ABOUT HOW THE SITE IS BECOMING HELL. IT USED TO BE MY ONLY HOME DX

My house is my only home, yet we get fruit flies and ants in the summer. They bite in my sleep, they're a pain to find in the shower, and having to spray Raid at them is tiring. But you don't see me moaning about it it and threatening to move out over it though. Why? Because it's so trivial in comparison to the big picture. Ads on a website are no different. They're irritating, but they're hardly anything to leave over. And if you're gonna leave anyway, then once again, bye. Who's stopping you?

The cool people disappeared, the site is becoming a perverted NON RELATED TO ZELDA IN ANY WAY kinda site.

WHAT HAPPEND!?

What the hell are you supposed to expect when the last major Zelda game came out a year ago and Nintendo not coughing up any solid information on Zelda Wii? Would you rather we all forge Zelda Wii screens? I don't think you'd want to, because it's clearly gotten Hyrule in trouble before.

And don't, make me any more mad. Im baout to start cussing, and im trying to stop D:

Then go ahead. Cuss me out. Take it to Wild West if you have to. Let's go.

Posted

This is making a mountain out of a grain of dirt. I can only see one ad, and have yet to encounter pop-ups.

If you're that worried, make a donation to the site up-keep.

Posted

Ads is how dustin keeps the site up and running.

Posted (edited)

haven't we already established that? >_>

Well i'm not truly complaining about it anymore since the 'underlined word' adds and 'full page' ads went away... :unsure:

(was i really complaining? Not really. I was just saying it was a bit of an eye sore, but what ever. I'll adapt. ^_^ )

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

haven't we already established that? >_>

Well i'm not truly complaining about it anymore since the 'underlined word' adds and 'full page' ads went away... :unsure:

(was i really complaining? Not really. I was just saying it was a bit of an eye sore, but what ever. I'll adapt. ^_^ )

MI SEO ANEEGRY MI JUSK REPETIG ET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dark Young Link (see edit history)

Posted

I'm...not getting any ads. Er, popups. The little guy in the top-right corner isn't too bad.

WHEN GANONDORF333 HAD A THIRD ARM GROWING OUT OF HIS CHEST, STRANGLING VIVI WITH IT.

I remember that. That was back when I posted at least 70 times a day. =D

Literally.

Posted

I didn't even notice these ads and "popups" till I looked at this thread. Then I used adblocker plus on firefox to get rid of it

Posted

Grr....

Just forget it all and lock this stupid topic then.

Posted

>> Everyone posting that they haven't seen any weren't there before Dustin changed it. It was HELL.

Posted

dude, what the phantom hourglass are you talking about?

ive been around this forum for quite a while, and i have never seen one pop-up or ad

and you are threatening murder and leaving because of these ads that you see

seriously now

Posted

dude, what the phantom hourglass are you talking about?

ive been around this forum for quite a while, and i have never seen one pop-up or ad

and you are threatening murder and leaving because of these ads that you see

seriously now

I REPEAT:

>> Everyone posting that they haven't seen any weren't there before Dustin changed it. It was HELL.

Posted

She's saying that you weren't there last night when it happened.

Its not the fact that you've been here awhile and never seen it.

Its the fact that you didn't see it last night before Dustin removed it.

It was annoying.

But now (like i've said) I can grow use to a tiny box... :unsure:

Posted

There was a glitch for about 30 minutes where it popped up an ad the first time someone came to the forum and a popunder. Also I experimented with having the ad to the right of the forum but it squished things awkwardly.

The Deku Tree on the other hand has received some things to make the game much more challenging.... if that works out well, we can pull ads from the forum... we'll see how it goes.

Posted

Well, I'm fine with the little ad on the top now, It looks much nicer, but before it was madness.

Posted

I would like to see people go to college and run a site and pay the following...

$10/yr for domain registration

$unknown for bandwith

$149.99 for Invision Power Board...

$unkown for food, college books/fines, etc.

$unkown GAS...

This is what I tell many people...

"You sure do ask a lot for nothing" Translation = You are being greedy... you expect what you want for nothing... example: you guys want the ads gone... if dustin takes the ads down well he doesn't get money from that...

Also reconsider saying "I wish Hyrule.net was like it used to be"

and I'm also concerned in the direction of the site and it's content.