The Monster at Lake Hylia

97 posts in this topic

Posted

A Goron's Thoughts Episode III!! B)

Have you ever seen the scratch mark on the tree in the center of Lake Hylia? I've always wondered about this. When I first saw it, I imagined the boss of the Water Temple would be a dragon similar to Volvagia. I was wrong. Instead, the boss of the temple was a creature, that no matter how hard it tried, could never make the claw mark found on the tree. It was a giant amoeba.

After thinking for a while, I thought that maybe it was Volvagia. The claw marks are there when your a kid, so, it must of been made long before Ganondorf's reign. Well, Volvagia WAS around for longer then Ganondorf. Darunia's son explains how Volvagia lived once before and feasted upon gorons until and ancient goron destroyed Volvagia with the Megaton Hammer.

It seems this would work, except after more thinking, I found a flaw. The creature had created more scratch marks inside the temple. Being a dragon half made of fire, I doubt Volvagia could of gone under water to enter the temple. Vovlagia was not the monster.

I could find no where in the game where this claw mark was explained. More into the temple, you found carvings and statues depicting a dragon. Who is this dragon? Well it seems the ones who created the temple (Probably Zoras) worshiped, or even feared this monster. . .

I have no conclusion for this mystery. . .

Posted

u and ur theorys... <_<

maybe, this dragon\demon thing, used his fire or magik or wateva to drain\dryout the lake, then the zoras then feared the dragon and made the water temple to protect lake hylia from being destroyed so thats why the water sage was made, but then it was attacked the the blue thing.

Posted

yeah..the 'claw mark' is another mystery of the game...

hmm...and I did at first, jst like you Goron_Merchant, believe it was done by the Water's Boss..but no...

but it had to be something..and within the seven year Link was absent, because I think or hopefully if I remember correctly..that when you were young Link, there was no such marking on the tree..adn it couldn't be any wolf...for the claw's marking was bigger than the average wolf's claw....

Posted

::ummm::

theory-less eh?

thats a first.

::hmm::

what i thought was that

the claw marks

were made by a simple wolf maybe??

but then you did say that Volvagia did feed on the Gorons..

so why is he around Hylia? he was attacking the Zoros?

or as what Mikel stated..the Zorans feared Volvagia at some point of time?

but then again..we have to think..

when Ganon took over Volvagia..he was..well evil >__< so maybe while he

was cast under the spell of Ganon or in control of Ganon

Volvagia went Ballistik and just started to attack Lake Hylia..home to the Zoras...

and which that was Ganon objective, freak out the Zorans by the Volvagia attacking thier tree?!

TT___TT oiiiii

Posted

oh my..haha..I think I can play on what kaitou_bell had jst said..

hmm..yeah..after releasing Volvagia..it went on a rampage..stopping at one of Hyrule's reknown places, Lake Hylia..!

and I think it jst find it convenient to land on the one little island where there's a tree..

O_O

or better yet...

when Ganondorf tried to put it under his rule, Volvagia went berserk and flew to Lake Hylia..and thrash around...and incidently made that stratch mark..!!!

Posted

::hmm::

i still think its all GANON fault's

that Volvagia went ballistik and it could be possible that he did

VANDALIZE Lake Hylia's tree..

but are we sure its Volvagia?

i mean it could just be a simple glitch

or it could just be a simple-minded krzy lonley wolf that went haywired and attacked the

tree?

Posted

or maybe, a magical puppy did it. :D

or maybe mehrunes dagon did it (evil guy from oblivion)

link4427 likes this

Posted

or maybe, a magical puppy did it. :D

or maybe mehrunes dagon did it (evil guy from oblivion)

<_< no commnent. IMAO.

Posted

I said that I didn't think it was Volvagia.

And yes, the claw mark was on the tree as Kid Link.

Posted

so it wasn't Volvagia fualt

because Volvagia. was link's "pet" for a time be just before he went asleep for 7 years

(heres the chapter read alittle ways into it to get to the part I speak of)

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...ap=9&page=1

so that disproves that!

now.. what could the scratch marks be... lemme think here...

it could be when link and Rouro was hanging on to the tree when the tornado monsters attacked?

thats my theory for ya

(chapter-)

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...ap=8&page=1

(page when it happend-)

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...p=8&page=19

so it wasn't Volvagia fualt

because Volvagia. was link's "pet" for a time be just before he went asleep for 7 years

(heres the chapter read alittle ways into it to get to the part I speak of)

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...ap=9&page=1

so that disproves that!

now.. what could the scratch marks be... lemme think here...

it could be when link and Rouro was hanging on to the tree when the tornado monsters attacked?

thats my theory for ya

(chapter-)

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...ap=8&page=1

(page when it happend-)

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...p=8&page=19

and may I ask (again) can I use this theory on my website? I'll give credit of course =3

Posted

I always thought that shadow link was a shape-shifter, maybe hewas terrorizing hyrule until he got sealed in the water temple? ;)

Posted

Link Rouro and the Flame Dancers couldn't of done it, and neither could Volvagia, I just checked and, it is there before Link travels into the future.

good theory Chumpkins.

Posted

lol I wonder why my post doubled up like that..

anyway, yea it could have been dark link, but I thought he couldn't leave the room he was in?

Posted

A Goron's Thoughts Episode III!! B)

Have you ever seen the scratch mark on the tree in the center of Lake Hylia? I've always wondered about this. When I first saw it, I imagined the boss of the Water Temple would be a dragon similar to Volvagia. I was wrong. Instead, the boss of the temple was a creature, that no matter how hard it tried, could never make the claw mark found on the tree. It was a giant amoeba.

After thinking for a while, I thought that maybe it was Volvagia. The claw marks are there when your a kid, so, it must of been made long before Ganondorf's reign. Well, Volvagia WAS around for longer then Ganondorf. Darunia's son explains how Volvagia lived once before and feasted upon gorons until and ancient goron destroyed Volvagia with the Megaton Hammer.

It seems this would work, except after more thinking, I found a flaw. The creature had created more scratch marks inside the temple. Being a dragon half made of fire, I doubt Volvagia could of gone under water to enter the temple. Vovlagia was not the monster.

I could find no where in the game where this claw mark was explained. More into the temple, you found carvings and statues depicting a dragon. Who is this dragon? Well it seems the ones who created the temple (Probably Zoras) worshiped, or even feared this monster. . .

I have no conclusion for this mystery. . .

mabey it was a eplrer wh deside to mark the way...then again it could just be nintend trying t give you a headake. :D

Posted

mabey it was a eplrer wh deside to mark the way...then again it could just be nintend trying t give you a headake. :D

haha true true