The Monster at Lake Hylia

97 posts in this topic

Posted

For the time being?

I usually come back for a few hours than I don't come back for days/weeks/months.

Posted (edited)

When I first saw the claw marks in the tree, I thought that was a hidden hole in the tree you had to bomb to reveal, and once the tree opened there would be a chest with rupees or a piece of heart, but it was nothing like that.

EDIT:

I've been thinking-what if the dragon designs inside the Water Temple are depictions of Valoo? This all ties to the Zora to Rito evolution theory. I haven't played OoT for a while, and I never noticed these dragon depictions before. Could someone maybe post a pic of them?

Edited by TwiliGirl (see edit history)

Posted

I think i can solve this mystery once and for all... I may be wrong but the goron legend about volvagia took place a looooong time ago, so before or after that, volvagia wasn't a fire dragon but a water dragon, and in the goron legend, volvagia was killed by the megaton hammer, so when he was a water dragon he could have been killed by jumps on the head with the iron boots, and ganon revived him as a fire dragon, not water.

My other theory is simpler, the water boss changed into the shape of a claw and scratched it. There is one flaw, ganon made or revived all the bosses, so this theory dosn't work. :unsure:

Posted

I think i can solve this mystery once and for all... I may be wrong but the goron legend about volvagia took place a looooong time ago, so before or after that, volvagia wasn't a fire dragon but a water dragon, and in the goron legend, volvagia was killed by the megaton hammer, so when he was a water dragon he could have been killed by jumps on the head with the iron boots, and ganon revived him as a fire dragon, not water.

That's a pretty plausible thearoy, actually. Mind if I extend on that?

Here's my theory which was inspired by tektite's post:

Hundreds of years before Ganon took over Hyrule, there was a dragon. The Zoras worshipped this dragon, and made a temple to honour it. However, there was somebody who wanted the dragon dead (for whatever reason; perhaps they were jealous of the Zoras' loyalty to the dragon?), and had a battle with it. The dragon put up a gallant fight, but the said warrior was too strong. He defeated the dragon, and the skeleton was buried by the Zoras in the grave marker at Lake Hylia. The temple stayed there for hundreds more years, and when Ganon took over and the Zoras sealed the entrance to their domain, he revived the dragon, and used the temple for his own purposes (sealing one of the sages' souls in there and creating the guardian (Morpha)).

Posted

That's a pretty plausible thearoy, actually. Mind if I extend on that?

Here's my theory which was inspired by tektite's post:

Hundreds of years before Ganon took over Hyrule, there was a dragon. The Zoras worshipped this dragon, and made a temple to honour it. However, there was somebody who wanted the dragon dead (for whatever reason; perhaps they were jealous of the Zoras' loyalty to the dragon?), and had a battle with it. The dragon put up a gallant fight, but the said warrior was too strong. He defeated the dragon, and the skeleton was buried by the Zoras in the grave marker at Lake Hylia. The temple stayed there for hundreds more years, and when Ganon took over and the Zoras sealed the entrance to their domain, he revived the dragon, and used the temple for his own purposes (sealing one of the sages' souls in there and creating the guardian (Morpha)).

That's definitely plausible. I think that you've had the best theory yet.

Posted

Random Idea: Maybe those crazy scarecrows made the scratch marks? :unsure:

Sorry. Just felt like saying that. :embarrassed:

I just realized something. The legend about Volvagia was a Goron legend. In fact, I'm pretty sure it said he lived in Death Mountain and ate Gorons. Thus, Zoras probably didn't have anything to do with Volvagia.

Posted

Well, the Zoras do have quite a bit of association with dragons (er, one in particular) after they evolve into Rito.

Posted

That can't be zora's didn't evolve from to rito's. I'm pretty sure of that.

Posted (edited)

That can't be zora's didn't evolve from to rito's. I'm pretty sure of that.

in wind waker, one of the rito said they were evolved from zoras, thats why zoras and ritos are never in the same game

Edited by chumpkins (see edit history)

Posted

in wind waker, one of the rito said they were evolved from zoras, thats why zoras and ritos are never in the same game

When? Never mind I didn't pay attention to the game, and I don't see what WW has to do with this.

Posted

People are straying off topic D:

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE IN GM'S THEORIES?

I. Think that... nothing... i just went braindead D:

Posted (edited)

When? Never mind I didn't pay attention to the game, and I don't see what WW has to do with this.

sorry i dont know of a way to not download it

proof.bmp

Edited by chumpkins (see edit history)

Posted

what the f*** is up with that scratch on the tree!? :wacko:

Posted

woah crazy

keep these coming

Posted

I been playing OoT on my N64 & there are three big Sctratches on the Tree