The Monster at Lake Hylia

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Well they have teeth..They could have legs too for that matter...I am not sure we ever see the bottom of the spirit, its always like half in the water.

Posted

I'm bringing sexy back. For those new members that missed my theories, here they are again resurrected in all of their former splendor.

Posted

:D I noticed this too!! :D

There are even statues like those in the water temple from OoT in the spring in TP.

It all works except, well, Lanayru (The spirit of the spring) doesn't have claws. . .

We never saw Lanayru completely,so she could very well have claws.There could have been a time when the Zora's committed horrible sins and said crap about Lanayru,and the three goddesses.Lanayru could have been enraged,and could have killed the zora's that committed these acts[canniblaism,murder,flaming the gods,etc.],hence the scratch marks from when she hunted them down and killed them,one could have happened to be next to the tree and some more could have been in the water temple,defiling it with their every step.

Posted

Wow, that's weird. I wonder why they put it there?

Posted

Wow, that's weird. I wonder why they put it there?

To freak us out and make us go ape-crazy trying to figure out what it means. Then tell us, years later, that the scratch was made by an innocent cow (the hole near there with the cow in it). A water-breathing cow.

Posted

Just an idea, but could the scratches be from the more common creatures in the water temple? Most of the monsters in there (especially those clams with blades on their shells and those giant spiky ball things) look like they could do some serious damage to the temple walls. As for the tree, I always thought the scratch was made by the owl Kaepora Gaebora when I was younger, but I have no idea why.

Posted

IT'S CTHULU! AAAAAAAAH.

Posted

I agree wwith the teory of the monsters of the temple doing the scratches, but about the three mark, i seriously think that it was... um... a Wolfos after jumping and attacking, trying to hunt down some of that crow-like mosnters of the lake.

about dark-link, let me acclarish it's origins:

The room of the temple where it's found, is the Room of Illusions. remember all that fog of the room? it just existed in link's head. after trying to scape the room, and finding the doors locked, the "hero's trial", the shadow of yourself(link), appeared and fighted him. (really, if you have biggoron's sword, taht guy was no big deal) Link was the first one that defeated his own shadow, so the illusion finished and the fog disapeared. but somehow, the shadows spirit, defeated, flew away to the kakariko well(see manga for references), and there it contamined with the evil souls trapped there. so, incapable of shapeshifting anymore, and with a devil soul with revenge against the one who killed him(or maybe just desiring to defeat te only one that bested himself?) survived, trough generations, and that's teh way it appears in later games.

Posted

Perhaps, Volvagia was around long before the lake was filled... and the temple was already built? He explored it and made scratch marks? In the future Ganondorf could have transformed him into a giant amoeba?

Posted

I'm almost positive that the scratches are on the tree as a child.

Posted

So if it was Volvagia, then it must of been before Ganondorf's reign.

Posted

Oh yeah... well, he still could have made the scratch marks inside the temple before he was killed and before Ganon revived him. Doesn't explain Morpha though...

Posted (edited)

Perhaps the scratch was done on purpose to point out the location of the water temple to others, since the temple is underwater and hard to spot on land. Another interesting thing that I noticed recently was the gravestone that Kaepora Gaebora is perched on at lake hylia. I wonder who was buried there...

Edited by Knuckle (see edit history)

Posted

Perhaps the scratch was done on purpose to point out the location of the water temple to others, since the temple is underwater and hard to spot on land. Another interesting thing that I noticed recently was the gravestone that Kaepora Gaebora is perched on at lake hylia. I wonder who was buried there...

Well, when you enter the grave there are just some Business Shrubs.