Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Same-Sex Marriage

385 posts in this topic

Posted

No, I don't. If I recall correctly, Vivicia Todd stated earlier that it isn't natural. She also said that people have been quite accepting of unnatural.

I wish to make another statement. When speaking of abortion, you have two sides: Pro-choice and Pro-life. Shouldn't it be similar in this topic? Instead of pro-homosexuality, it should be Pro-choice. I can't think of anything to fit the second one yet, but I'm sure it'll come to me.

Also, religious arguments shouldn't be excluded from a same-sexmarriage discussion. People live by the rules set forth in their religious texts, so I think it should be part of the argument. Really, the whole thing is a discussion of opinions and religion. It isn't proven that homosexuality is genetic, or that it is wrong. As I said before, it's all opinion and religion.

Posted

No, I don't. If I recall correctly, Vivicia Todd stated earlier that it isn't natural. She also said that people have been quite accepting of unnatural.

You are wrong because your statement is flawed. In this situation you are confusing natural with abnormal. They are two completely different things. Someone is born with six toes on one foot. That is not normal is it? But it did occur naturally (through a process) with no consent from the victim, did it not? Just because homosexuals are a minority (which means it is abnormal) doesn't mean it's not natural.

Posted

Most people might find it unnatural, because it's so unfamiliar to them at first. And what is the first reaction to unfamiliar things?

Fearing it, or, if you're different, finding out as much as you can.

Just 'cos that list said it was unnatural doesn't mean I agree with that one statement, but I found it rather funny.

Personally, I think it's natural, though what does nature have to do with this? :< I just wanna love mai girl, goshy glittery. Why does this have to be complicated?

Posted

Discuss.

Posted

I can't tell if the underlying message is that it makes no sense to ban homosexual marriage or if it's that gay marriage is wrong.

Honestly, it's one of the most confusing things I've ever seen in a long time.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah, it's quite strange.

Posted

I didn't find it very funny. :(

Posted

I think homosexuality and heterosexuality is a choice, but not exactly a conscious choice; you may have a preference, but you can't exactly control who you fall in love with, right? In my mind, it's simultaneously a choice, yet not a choice.

However, it's a choice that doesn't depend on right or wrong. Just like falling in love with the opposite sex, it's not because so-and-so has female parts or so-and-so has male parts, it's because you love the person attached to all that.

It's a matter of who you love, not what you love, and marriage is just something people do to make that bond known and recognized. A bond that others see. A bond that says, "I don't care what you think of me-- I love this person, and I will proudly display that fact in front of all of you". It doesn't matter if religion thinks homosexual marriage is wrong. Who the hell asked them? I can't think of anything more right than being with someone you mutually love and cherish, and the people in question being antagonized understand this more than the ones who take it for granted.

So, I may be contradicting my own sexuality, but I think bisexuals have the right idea, yeah? Love justifies love. It's self explanatory. If you both can't live without each other, then don't. Who are you all to say they can't? You're just being complete jerkbags if you want to take something so prized out of people's reach.

EDIT: Oh, I get it now, roflrofl. It was the former option; it says the video is the MOST logical argument, and it's not logical at all, so the best argument against homosexuality is complete nonsense.

Ahahahahaha, I got it.

I'm a bit slow. =(

Sahaqiel

Posted

They are people too, if they love each other, let them be, they do you no harm.

Posted (edited)

Saha, did you read what I posted before? Just a page or two back, I think.

Sexual interaction is a large part of love. A straight person wouldn't love a man in the way he loves a woman, because a man is a man and a woman is a woman. It's inexplicable. That doesn't make it shallow or superficial, though. (I think I said that before, too...)

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

I don't see what that has to do with anything. =( We're not talking about straight people, here.

EDIT: Wow, totally skipped over that and pulled a YLA.

What I mean is that you have the choice to seek out men whether you are attracted to them or not in the same way a closet homosexual seeks women out. So it's a choice. But psychologically, you don't have a choice of who you're attracted to. So it's not a choice. So my stance is that it's both.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Discuss.

That is the most profound work of satire that I have ever laid eyes upon.

Posted

That is the most profound work of satire that I have ever laid eyes upon.

I didn't think it was good satire. :( I've seen far better.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. =( We're not talking about straight people, here.

EDIT: Wow, totally skipped over that and pulled a YLA.

What I mean is that you have the choice to seek out men whether you are attracted to them or not in the same way a closet homosexual seeks women out. So it's a choice. But psychologically, you don't have a choice of who you're attracted to. So it's not a choice. So my stance is that it's both.

Sahaqiel

I wasn't talking about straight people. What I was saying goes both ways. I was just saying that physical attraction is inexplicable. It just is. I am agreeing with you for the most part.

What you're saying about the choice is being technical. You don't have to be gay but if you're attracted to people of the same gender you don't have to do anything about it. In fact it's just stupid. It's not logical. The only reason I can imagine someone doing that is because of pressure from society. That's a bad reason, though.

Posted

I support same sex marriage. I believe in equal rights. Separate church and state.

Posted

It's their choice. Why be angry at them?

Well, do they have babies?