Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Same-Sex Marriage

385 posts in this topic

Posted

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Pure LOL Vivica... really, I haven't laugh so hard in something I read in a long time

You are wrong because your statement is flawed. In this situation you are confusing natural with abnormal. They are two completely different things. Someone is born with six toes on one foot. That is not normal is it? But it did occur naturally (through a process) with no consent from the victim, did it not? Just because homosexuals are a minority (which means it is abnormal) doesn't mean it's not natural.

Well, I'm not sure if I agree with you. If you check Kensey's work, he said that there are 6 stages of sexuality:

1- pure heterosexual

6- pure homosexual

2-5 are just middle stages, so someone could be in stage 2 and call himself/herself heterosexual, but would still be lightly atracted to other people of the same sex. If this is true, wich makes perfect sense because we can love our friends or siblings of the same sex (wich is only another kind of love) /then/ a high amount of people in the world would have homosexual tendences, even if they don't realize it or they just don't pay attention to it.

PS. I am aware that I replied to this posts two months later

Posted

You are also forgetting the /thread.

Posted

Well, I'm not sure if I agree with you. If you check Kensey's work, he said that there are 6 stages of sexuality:

1- pure heterosexual

6- pure homosexual

2-5 are just middle stages, so someone could be in stage 2 and call himself/herself heterosexual, but would still be lightly atracted to other people of the same sex. If this is true, wich makes perfect sense because we can love our friends or siblings of the same sex (wich is only another kind of love) /then/ a high amount of people in the world would have homosexual tendences, even if they don't realize it or they just don't pay attention to it.

I don't see how your point argues against mine. I think it helps it...

Posted

Bravo, Larvinator. I love you. <3

And glad I could make ya laugh, Zoe. Not my joke, though.

Here's a case against all the religious thinkings AGAINST homosexuality: Read The God Box by Alex Sanchez, a VERY favorite author of mine who has finally made me consider becoming an Christian despite my sexuality.

The basic story is of a devout Christian boy who lives in a town that's never seen homosexuality before.

Now, here comes another Christian boy who's just as loving towards God... and he's homosexual as well.

The others find this strange at first, and some come to accept it. But others decide to be ol' chaps about it (there's one in every family, it seems).

As for 'Devout Christian Boy', he's had homosexual feelings all his life, and he's still under the impression that it's against the Bible. However, the new boy yanks these feelings into full force, and he tries his best to try and stomp them out, even as the new boy tries to get him to realize that there's no direct attack on it.

I really suggest it, because

A. It's SUCH a sweet story in my opinion. Well-written, and connected to me very well.

And B. It may make you rethink your opinion on religion, like it did mine.

Just random post.

Had to tell someone.

Posted

Goodness me, the religion thing again.

I personally don't see religion as being hyper condemning of homosexuality. Actually, I have convinced myself that homosexuality is nowhere near as bad as some Christians make it seem. I'll explain.

The Bible does in fact say that a homosexual act is a sin. True. But, it also says that lust, greed, pride, and about 600 other things are sins.

That's about it for the religious argument against it. Here's my understanding on why to accept homosexuals like you accept people of a different ethnicity.

Jesus was all about forgiveness. He allowed us to be forgiven of all of our sins. Since the Bible says homosexual acts are sins, and all sins can be forgiven, homosexual acts aren't going to condemn you to Hell or anything. Jesus made sure of that.

Also, Jesus preached quite often about "love your neighbor as yourself". He was all about acceptance. That's why I often question the faith of "Christians". If you'll notice, I very rarely refer to my self as a Christian. Instead, I refer to myself as a Christ follower.

So, to wrap up my religious speaking, God doesn't hate homosexuals. God forgives them just like everybody else. It's people that do the judging here. Tell me this: do the judgements of the people matter more than the judgements of the one that has the final say? I don't think so.

Posted

Tell me this: do the judgements of the people matter more than the judgements of the one that has the final say? I don't think so.

In this life they do; and that's the problem.

Posted

Jesus was all about forgiveness. He allowed us to be forgiven of all of our sins. Since the Bible says homosexual acts are sins, and all sins can be forgiven, homosexual acts aren't going to condemn you to Hell or anything. Jesus made sure of that.

Don't get me wrong, I very much like your view on this. It's MUCH better than the way many Christians see it, and it actually follows the Bible rather than saying "okay, God hates gay people, I will now use that to back up my homophobia" But I would still like to dispute the idea that homosexuality is a choice and a sin.

With the majority of sins in the Bible, there is a good reason behind the condemnation. Lust isn't a choice, but it can well lead to very inappropriate social situations, like coveting your neighbor's wife and the whatnot. Greed deprives those around you and is more of a choice. Pride can cloud your judgment. And the majority of other sins written in the Bible have a good intent behind them. But homosexuality? Hrmm...

To start off with, homosexuality is hardly a choice. Could you choose to become gay all of a sudden? No. You could pretend to like the same gender, but you'd still have feelings of attraction for the opposite sex. For homosexuals, it's the same, except in reverse. It seems hardly fair to call something that isn't a choice a sin, and it's not even harmful to anyone else. As said before, other sins written in the Bible have a very good, useful social purpose behind them, but if homosexuality being harmful applied then, it certainly doesn't now. (I'm curious, was the part of the Bible calling homosexuality a sin in the Old or New Testament?)

Again, I mean no offense to you and find your view very refreshing after about a hundred million homophobic Christians, but I still don't believe that homosexuality is a sin any more than...well, shaving your beard. Which is also a Bible sin that the majority of society has forgotten.

Posted

Bravo, Larvinator. I love you. <3

And glad I could make ya laugh, Zoe. Not my joke, though.

Here's a case against all the religious thinkings AGAINST homosexuality: Read The God Box by Alex Sanchez, a VERY favorite author of mine who has finally made me consider becoming an Christian despite my sexuality.

The basic story is of a devout Christian boy who lives in a town that's never seen homosexuality before.

Now, here comes another Christian boy who's just as loving towards God... and he's homosexual as well.

The others find this strange at first, and some come to accept it. But others decide to be ol' chaps about it (there's one in every family, it seems).

As for 'Devout Christian Boy', he's had homosexual feelings all his life, and he's still under the impression that it's against the Bible. However, the new boy yanks these feelings into full force, and he tries his best to try and stomp them out, even as the new boy tries to get him to realize that there's no direct attack on it.

I really suggest it, because

A. It's SUCH a sweet story in my opinion. Well-written, and connected to me very well.

And B. It may make you rethink your opinion on religion, like it did mine.

Just random post.

Had to tell someone.

http://bibleresources.bible.com/keywordsea...&version=51

Yeah, it's not against the bible.

Christianity is not a faith thing, you cannot just believe in a supernatural being and then claim to be a "Christian". The Bible is a doctrine.

Posted

I need to point out re fact that I didn't say that homosexuality was a sin, I said that homosexual acts are sins. It's just like a lot of things in the Bible.

Example: to be angry is not a sin, but acting out of anger is. The truth is, you can't prevent yourself from feeling angry. It's an emotion that is going to flare up, regardless of whether you want it to or not.

I would say that the same basic concept applies to homosexuality. You may feel the emotions even if you don't want to. It's the act that's a sin.

Of course, I still think that you can be forgiven regardless of your sexual orientation.

Posted (edited)

Goodness me, the religion thing again.

I personally don't see religion as being hyper condemning of homosexuality. Actually, I have convinced myself that homosexuality is nowhere near as bad as some Christians make it seem. I'll explain.

The Bible does in fact say that a homosexual act is a sin. True. But, it also says that lust, greed, pride, and about 600 other things are sins.

That's about it for the religious argument against it. Here's my understanding on why to accept homosexuals like you accept people of a different ethnicity.

Also, Jesus preached quite often about "love your neighbor as yourself". He was all about acceptance. That's why I often question the faith of "Christians". If you'll notice, I very rarely refer to my self as a Christian. Instead, I refer to myself as a Christ follower.

So, to wrap up my religious speaking, God doesn't hate homosexuals. God forgives them just like everybody else. It's people that do the judging here. Tell me this: do the judgements of the people matter more than the judgements of the one that has the final say? I don't think so.

You're treating this as something to be forgiven for. It's not. That's like me forgiving you for believing in invisible men in the sky.

Edited by Min (see edit history)

Posted

Addressed to Larvinator:

I think shadownight said it best when he said that the act of homosexuality is the sin, not the feelings themselves. Having homosexual thoughts and feelings are surprisingly common. While I certainly don't condone homosexuality, I'm not going to condemn anyone for being homosexual. We're all guilty of sin, no matter what that sin is. I have a few homosexual friends who are very nice, upstanding people. I despise when people, especially Christians, condemn one sin then allow or condone another. Frankly I think we should stop focusing on sin and start focusing on love and forgiveness.

Posted

No, homosexuality is a sin however you dress it up. You must kill a man who sleeps with another man as he would with a woman.

Posted (edited)

You must kill a man who sleeps with another man as he would with a woman.

Which they can't. Sexual organs are gender-specific. Trannies are a different story...

HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG BECAUSE I WAS TOLD SO.

(By the Bible. Or was it the Bigot? Can't recall.)

More seriously, though. Did God or Jesus ever personally address homosexuality in the Bible? This may have been addressed before, but I don't remember... I'd like a straightforward answer anyway.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

Only in the old testament. The new testament changed pretty much everything, though, so you would have to do some digging to find more detail.

Posted

Which they can't. Sexual organs are gender-specific. Trannies are a different story...

HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG BECAUSE I WAS TOLD SO.

(By the Bible. Or was it the Bigot? Can't recall.)

More seriously, though. Did God or Jesus ever personally address homosexuality in the Bible? This may have been addressed before, but I don't remember... I'd like a straightforward answer anyway.

Straightforward answer coming right up.

Jesus didn't say it, but Paul did. Jesus did speak of the natural marriage on occasion, and that was always between a man and a woman.

In the old testament,

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."