Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you want out of the next Zelda?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

What would make the next title in the Zelda the best in the series for you? Photorealistic graphics like in Twilight Princess? The return of the brightly colored, cel-shaded world of The Wind Waker? Go along the lines of Phantom Hourglass and continue the plot of an existing title, or make like Majora's Mask and spin-off one of them? Listen to a live, fully orchestrated soundtrack as you scour dungeons and trek across Hyrule Field? Have the characters come to life with full voice acting? Interact with friends over Wi-Fi Connection with some online play?

Go ahead and give your input!

Posted

I voted everything except full voice acting.
Believe me, voice acting RUINS the feel.

Other because I want the darkness of Majora's Mask back.
It was mind blowing.
Both cel-shaded and realistic because it's more of the toon look I want back, only in a realistic way like Toon Link in Brawl. You didn't add "Toon style".
Sahaqiel

Posted

Well, I would really like to see a 3D zelda thats just like zelda 1, but in 3D and a bigger world and no story. This is unlikly to happen but I was thinking that maybe it could come as a extra/unlockable in the next zelda for wii.

Posted

I went for cel-shading and Toon graphics. I just loved the way it looked, felt, everything! I'd love to see the next game cel-shaded.
I'm not sure about voice acting. I'm with Saha, it kinda ruins the feel. But ONM don't think so... :unsure:.

Posted

I want a kind of free-roaming LoZ.
Not with Ganon this time but with a lot of quests that you can choose of and maybe with one bigger one.

Posted

I Want Toon Link To Have A Playable Partner.

Posted

i want a sequle to mm with the ability to create your own masks, i just loved being able to play as all those difirent races :D

Posted

i chose voice acting even though i can pick individal VA. I would have wanted everyone but link to have a voice...link with a voice would just be wrong. He should stick to the grunts.

Posted

I choose real looking graphics, voices, and a sequil to a game. Here's a hint.

M
A
J
O
R
A
'
S

M
A
S
K

Posted

I chose realistic graphics and Fully orchestrated soundtrack.

If they had some of the music like they had in Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask that would be an automatic A+ for that game. (those soundtracks were AWSOME) :biggrin:

If they made another sequel game, i would not buy the game. i hated Phantom Hourglass so much....there's no way i'd get another sequel.

Posted

Right now, I'm more partial for the next Zelda to use realistic graphics (as Link and Zelda never fail to look like eyecandy that way :3), but probably utilize cel-shading again, along the lines of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Cel-shading + the toon graphics again, on the other hand, would take the title of graphically the best in the series away from The Wind Waker.

Online interactivity would be interesting. I never actually tried it out in Phantom Hourglass, so I don't have any ideas how it would work out here at the moment.

As far as sound goes, if Zelda does adopt actual voice acting, it'd be best if it had the option to change between the English and Japanese voices at will (since the Japanese voices in video games are almost always superior), and also had an option to turn them off altogether so that only the characteristic grunts, screams and gasps play. This time around, live music is a must. It was a let down personally that a lot of the music in Twilight Princess was MIDI, and the only live pieces used were during cutscenes and the credits. Twilight Princess is technically a last-generation game, yet games from that same generation like Final Fantasy XII, Okami and Kingdom Hearts II were already using fully orchestrated soundtracks (ironically, the PS2 is weaker than the GCN).

Story-wise, I think I want a story made from scratch. The existing titles seem to be pretty complete as is, and I don't know how the dev. team could further expand on them. Probably the only possible option right now is the pre-Great Sea flood rumor we've been hearing about so much since Twilight Princess was first announced four years ago.

Posted

I want the graphics Twilight Princess was supposed to have.

Posted

Ehh... When I hear free roaming Zelda without a particular plot, I think Oblivion IV. Because that's basically what you're asking for. I think RPGs are more suited to free roaming.

Graphics really don't matter that much at all to me. As long as it's playable.

You aren't missing much, Sirjoshizzle. Phantom Hourglass' online play was really just a bunch of camping, and if you knew which spots were where, it's really impossible to beat the offending side.
Online sword/item duels like in FSA's multiplayer would be pretty awesome in a 3D Zelda.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I want a realistic non-cel-shaded, dark, hard core, violent, cursing link.

"you may find Hyrule a more hostile place than how you remember it."

Posted

i want, 200% exploration

i know you can in like, windwaker, but on the games like, twilight princess and ocarina of time you see a horizon. and wouldnt you love to be able to go over to there!? i would!!
id LOVE to be able to walk ANYWHERE and do ANYTHING
i also want customization with stuff... like armor on Epona and more stuff for link, i think it would really do well for the game

with realistic graphics of course.

voice acting will piss it all up... it will most probably make the game REALLY childish or ruin it altogether. i agree with ^^^ whoever who said that majoras mask blew them away because it blew me away also.. and twilight princess :)

hahaha

imagine link with a voice,

'Take THIS!'

and when he falls of a cliff;

'SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--' in the same tone as his scream :P