Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you want out of the next Zelda?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

whatever as long as you can become a zore,goron,deku,rito and anoukie :D

and that navi comes back but sayse more stuff than hey and listen :navi:

Posted

I could be happy with an all-new story or a sequel, as long as there was effort put into it and it didn't focus too much on 'new control schemes.' Phantom Hourglass was great with using the touchscreen, but I still prefer the traditional controllers like N64 and Gamecube. I didn't care for the Wii controls for Twilight Princess, but since that was originally supposed to be a Gamecube game anyway, I can forgive it.
But anyway, I prefer the realistic graphics of Twilight Princess, with maybe the occasional cell-shading to add some style, but at the same time, I love the Toon graphics too and would be perfectly happy with a look similar to Toon Link in Brawl.
Definitely want orchestrated music, but not so keen on the idea of voice acting. It works in some games, but it just isn't the same in a Zelda game... especially if Link were to talk. *shivers* That would be weird... I like the occasional voice clip they've done since OoT of other characters, like little laughs or telling Link to 'shoo.' But it would just be creepy with full-fledged voice acting, especially if the acting wasn't done well. If they ever did do voice acting, I would really hope they would give us the option to have it in either English or Japanese, so we could pick which one seems to have the more talented actors. But regardless of any of that, Link should never talk, ever. Whether it be in text dialogue or voice acting. Just... no.

Posted

Imagine Link with Soras voice :fear:
Really, SirJoshizzle is right... the Cel-shaded game still looks fresh :joy:

Posted

Then I hope cel-shaded games die out soon.

Posted

An orchestrated soundtrack would be awesome. The music should be used to such great effect, that it creates moods for the gameplay. A great sequel for TP would be nice, too. What I would like to see return are the transformation mask and 3-day system as seen in Majora's Mask. Being able to change form to get through different terrain and obstacles would be cool. Maybe a new threat besides the crashing moon could be used, and maybe it wouldnt have to be just 3 days? :) Maybe my ideas are too far-fetched, though. :embarrassed:
Voice acting is the only thing I wouldn't want in Zelda. I don't think Zelda can pull of voice acting quite like Metroid Prime 3 did...

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Aug 24 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never said it was the scariest, but it is does have the best. The Wind Waker's graphics are timeless, whether you choose to accept it or not. Twilight Princess came out just two years ago, and already it looks very dated, and not just because it's built on a last-gen engine, but because realistic graphics like that show age very easily. Whereas with The Wind Waker, if you pop it in now, the graphics show no sign of any aging at all, thanks to the toon art design and the cel-shaded coloring to complement it. Hell, you could play that game a hundred years later, and it'd still look fresh and from whatever gaming generation we'd be in at that time.

Hear Hear!

Orchestrated. Sequel or new, I don't care.

One thing they HAVEN'T done is Anime Graphics. Cell - shading, Toon does not, imo, equal Anime.

Goshdarn Graphic wh*res.

Posted

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Aug 24 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then I hope cel-shaded games die out soon.

Fat chance. Cel-shading is everywhere. Miyamoto even said he was disappointed then Anouma returned to photorealism for Twilight Princess. If it were up to him, you'd probably never play Zelda again.

And no, no one would really care whether you do or not, so don't even begin to complain. Zelda games, after all, are not for the incompetent.

And on voice acting, I have a few Japanese voice actors who I could picture playing Link. The guy who played his voice in The Two Preludes did a badass job. Go ahead and take a listen!

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Aug 24 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fat chance. Cel-shading is everywhere. Miyamoto even said he was disappointed then Anouma returned to photorealism for Twilight Princess. If it were up to him, you'd probably never play Zelda again.

And no, no one would really care whether you do or not, so don't even begin to complain. Zelda games, after all, are not for the incompetent.

And on voice acting, I have a few Japanese voice actors who I could picture playing Link. The guy who played his voice in The Two Preludes did a badass job. Go ahead and take a listen!

I'd take that challange.

Posted

OK what else was promised with this new Zelda other than the 'New Hyrule'

what if they turn Hyrule into a city? and Epona is a bike and Zelda becomes a gun fighting crime game?

who's with me on saying that would suck and completely destroy Zelda?

but at the same time.. it would be seriously interesting..

Posted

I think that its safe to say Nintendo wouldn't do that.

Posted

cell-shading !! ithink it would be awsome(but like the new prince of persia cel-shading)

Posted

I think Scott Menville (Robin from Teen Titans, Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia) would be a respectable English voice actor for Link.

Posted

After playing Okami I have been wanting a game that is all around beautiful. Great story, beautifully artistic graphics, and an orchestrated soundtrack are must-haves. I don't know how Zelda would do with watercolor graphics, but cell-shading does open the doors to a more artistic style of graphics. Being a music lover I would be really happy if the new Zelda game had a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

Posted

I picked others, because I want a three part story to it (zelda, link, ganon) so... that would be great!

Posted

I just hope they don't make a stupid knock-off like four swords...THAT WAS HORRIBLE!(in my opinion)