Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you want out of the next Zelda?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

I want a darker title like Majora's Mask, or Ocarina of Time's Beneath the Well and Shadow Temple.

And I want a game that Nintendo aims to please their more devoted fans with, and forgets the casual gamers. Just one for us.

Posted

QUOTE (Goron Merchant @ Aug 24 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want a darker title like Majora's Mask, or Ocarina of Time's Beneath the Well and Shadow Temple.

And I want a game that Nintendo aims to please their more devoted fans with, and forgets the casual gamers. Just one for us.

TP was dark. XD Cause you know the Twilight was dark.

So you want a dark, and gorey Zelda game? I could live with that.

Posted

I'd love another cel-shaded addition to the series, but I have a feeling that the next game will be a Twilight Princess sequel; if they can pull it off really well, it would be awesome. If they do take the realistic approach, I'd hope for a Majora-esque game, but a lot creepier. Ololol; almost like a horror game. That would make my day(s). Seriously, I want to be scared witless by it, just because the series hasn't taken a complete turn toward that sort of game yet.

Also, I need lots of Tingle.

Orchestrated moosics are a must.

Posted

If not a new game similar to Majora's Mask, a LttP remake would be nice. Either that or a spin-off title. Like maybe bits of the series from Ganondorf's perspective.

Posted

I think Nintendo should just move on with the story. It's been the same basic game for years and even though it's awesome, I still want to find out what happens in the end and other things like that. I want something new.

Posted

Realistic grapics and orhcestrated soundtrack for me (and I wouldn't mind a deeper, more developed storyline as well, 'cause I know they can only they focus more on gameplay, which is also great, but I love stories in a game)

Mmm the voice acting, i don't mind either way... (as for that video, i actually liked Tetra's voice acting, that woman in that video is annoying though...)

Posted

QUOTE (quazy1 @ Aug 24 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Nintendo should just move on with the story. It's been the same basic game for years and even though it's awesome, I still want to find out what happens in the end and other things like that. I want something new.

yeah.like the finale of the finding navi story rember in majoras mask he didnt find him.

Posted

QUOTE (Ferilink @ Aug 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Realistic grapics and orhcestrated soundtrack for me (and I wouldn't mind a deeper, more developed storyline as well, 'cause I know they can only they focus more on gameplay, which is also great, but I love stories in a game)

Mmm the voice acting, i don't mind either way... (as for that video, i actually liked Tetra's voice acting, that woman in that video is annoying though...)

Rofl. Sue-Belle, I thought, was actually pretty adorable in WW, what with the obsession with her jars. They seemed to turn Tetra's Trackers into a game show though.
Also, Navi is a girl...

Realistic graphics-[ 20 ] [19.61%]
Toon graphics [ 6 ] [5.88%]
Cel-shading [ 6 ] [5.88%]

Gaah, you people are such graphic whores. >(
Sahaqiel

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Aug 24 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rofl. Sue-Belle, I thought, was actually pretty adorable in WW, what with the obsession with her jars. They seemed to turn Tetra's Trackers into a game show though.
Also, Navi is a girl...

Sahaqiel

Has it ever occured to you that not everyone like Toon, and cel-shaded grapics.

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Aug 24 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Navi is a girl...

Sahaqiel

A lot of people liked TP and OoT/MM's graphic style. Plus, the PH was toon. Don't be a Toon/Cel-Shading graphic wh*re. And if the game were to follow up on TP's story (which is pretty likely) it would be bizarre if they switched graphic styles.

I'm fine either way, really. As long as its Zelda, I'm good.

Posted

QUOTE (Goron Merchant @ Aug 24 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of people liked TP and OoT/MM's graphic style. Plus, the PH was toon. Don't be a Toon/Cel-Shading graphic wh*re. And if the game were to follow up on TP's story (which is pretty likely) it would be bizarre if they switched graphic styles.

I'm fine either way, really. As long as its Zelda, I'm good.

All I said was some people don't like Toon/Cel-shaded graphics. I don't know why you say people are graphic wh*res.

Posted

What you people don't seem to realize is that The Wind Waker is graphically the best Zelda game to date. :<

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Aug 24 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you people don't seem to realize is that The Wind Waker is graphically the best Zelda game to date. :<

I don't see how.

So your telling me that to date WW is the scaries, graphicized zelda game? Yeah right. I really don't see how.

Posted

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Aug 24 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see how.

So your telling me that to date WW is the scaries, graphicized zelda game? Yeah right. I really don't see how.

I never said it was the scariest, but it is does have the best. The Wind Waker's graphics are timeless, whether you choose to accept it or not. Twilight Princess came out just two years ago, and already it looks very dated, and not just because it's built on a last-gen engine, but because realistic graphics like that show age very easily. Whereas with The Wind Waker, if you pop it in now, the graphics show no sign of any aging at all, thanks to the toon art design and the cel-shaded coloring to complement it. Hell, you could play that game a hundred years later, and it'd still look fresh and from whatever gaming generation we'd be in at that time.

Posted

I'd like to see a Zelda game set in a Twilight Princess like Termina. I mean a Termina that looks like the OoT future Hyrule from TP but, Termina. With a huge clock town like TP's Hyrule castle town. That or a kickass future Hyrule with skyscrapers, Motorcycles, Cars, and other cool modern things. Link with a lightsaber would rock!!!!