Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you want out of the next Zelda?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

QUOTE (ZeldaGeek @ Aug 25 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope they don't make a stupid knock-off like four swords...THAT WAS HORRIBLE!(in my opinion)

That was a good game... Too bad it's toony, and can't play it anymore, but four swords was a terible game because you need 2-4 player to play it. So I ask, WTF Nintendo.

Posted

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Aug 25 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was a good game... Too bad it's toony, and can't play it anymore, but four swords was a terible game because you need 2-4 player to play it. So I ask, WTF Nintendo.

You can play it. You just refuse to, and for no good reason.

"Cannot" is not the same as "will not".

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Aug 25 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can play it. You just refuse to, and for no good reason.

"Cannot" is not the same as "will not".

I refused to bacause I made a statement to never play toony games, and will not break what I said. I won't turn in to a swearer breaker.

Posted

I would love to have a Live Orchestrated soundtrack, one as memorable as TP and OoT's soundtracks.

If Nintendo were aiming to strive higher, than they might go for more realistic graphics, but I wouldn't mind cel-shaded graphics either. =)
And a longer Zelda game than how long TP took to beat.

Something like Okami, I dunno (still have to beat that last boss, argh.)

Posted

I personally would like to see a more darker Zelda game. I mean Link is supposed to be faceing unbeatable odds. The kingdom needs to be on the verge of being conquered. Gannondorf is a evil king not a bunch of rable trying to take a small village. Hyrule should be in an all out war. Like in the Lord of the Rings movies, you know like Moblins and Stalfos all over. I think they make things to hunky dory(yes I said hunky dory.lol), for some bad guys trying to take over. Also link needs to be able to get some armor , cloth and chainmale just doesnt cut it. Zelda games are supposed to be the mature franchise that nintendo has. I don't know just my thoughts.....

Posted

QUOTE (Savanti Romero @ Aug 24 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to see a Zelda game set in a Twilight Princess like Termina. I mean a Termina that looks like the OoT future Hyrule from TP but, Termina. With a huge clock town like TP's Hyrule castle town. That or a kickass future Hyrule with skyscrapers, Motorcycles, Cars, and other cool modern things. Link with a lightsaber would rock!!!!

Termina is NOT Hyrule in the future, and in my opinion, adding futuristic elements to a Zelda game like changing Epona into a motorcycle would completely just screw it up.
Link with a lightsaber would be lame.
In my opinion.

You said you loved that game.
And you don't need 2-4 players to play it, wtf. You're not playing it right. I got through just fine on the GC controller by myself.

I think Scott Menville (Robin from Teen Titans, Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia) would be a respectable English voice actor for Link.

*Throws up slightly in mouth*
Sahaqiel

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Aug 25 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You said you loved that game.
And you don't need 2-4 players to play it, wtf. You're not playing it right. I got through just fine on the GC controller by myself.

I'm not talking about FSA. I beat it with the controller too. I was talking about the original. I had to give it away. :cry: wast of 30$.

Posted

wow saha, you just completely dissed everything Savanti said...ah well. Seeing a TP like termina would be cool. But instead of it being focused on Link, have it more focused on...Fierce Deity. well, his trials to become a deity and him ending the reign of Majora only for her to rise again in a later Future.There could be voice acting to the godesses since we never heard them before. A Full Orchestrated Soundtrack would sound awesome no matter what. Finally it would be more of a...prequel than an actual sequel.

Posted

QUOTE (Soi Karuna @ Aug 25 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow saha, you just completely dissed everything Savanti said...ah well. Seeing a TP like termina would be cool. But instead of it being focused on Link, have it more focused on...Fierce Deity. well, his trials to become a deity and him ending the reign of Majora only for her to rise again in a later Future.There could be voice acting to the godesses since we never heard them before. A Full Orchestrated Soundtrack would sound awesome no matter what. Finally it would be more of a...prequel than an actual sequel.

You mean like this. It's a fake game, but it's kinda what you discribed.

Posted

QUOTE (Soi Karuna @ Aug 25 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Seeing a Twilight Princess like Termina would be cool"??

Also, the manga is not canon. There is no definitive proof that the Fierce Deity ever defeated Majora.
Sahaqiel

Posted

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Aug 25 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not talking about FSA. I beat it with the controller too. I was talking about the original. I had to give it away. :cry: wast of 30$.

You're absolutely ridiculous.

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Aug 25 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Seeing a Twilight Princess like Termina would be cool"??

Also, the manga is not canon. There is no definitive proof that the Fierce Deity ever defeated Majora.
Sahaqiel

possiblity

Posted

What I would like to see, as far a s storyline is concerned, is a different direction in Link's character development: temptation. Has Link ever been tempted to join the "dark side" in any previous LoZ games? I think it would make an interesting plot twist. I would like to see a direct, or somewhat direct, sequel to TP, so we don't start from scratch with a completely new Link.

Posted

I think the whole "characters looking to the dark side" has been way too overdone in other stuff, but something similar may be pretty cool.

Also, cel-shaded in a similar style to prince of Persia is a very cool idea, the game looks brilliant in motion and I think it would suit zelda well.

Longer than TP is a good idea, but it's also asking a lot. I think the only games that take longer than TP to complete are RPGs. It seems a bit brief at the end, but most people's play time, the first time at least is normally at least 40 hours.

Posted

A new Four swords with online and that you NOT need a ds!