Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nice Guys

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Omg, because someone in the next car over might see her natural face?!? How terrible! XD

Precisely lol.

...Bare Essentials.

Posted

Some people look better without makeup, some people look better with it, and rarely people look better with shitloads of makeup. It also depends if it is done well, etc. About 90% of the time just a little is better than... more than just a little. Similarly, about 90% of the time none is better than any at all (in my opinion anyway).

I also hate cologne.

Posted

You are an awesome.

I wish all guys hated makeup. :D

+1 Ditto

Posted

If all guys hated make up,then we wouldn't have to put up with it in the first place.

The guy who invented it would stop and think for a second...Then he'd just decide that it's better off not invented.

THANKS,INVENTOR.Now we have to fork out loads of cash so our wives and girlfriends can put mud on their face.

Posted

That would be the Egyptians.

Posted

That would be the Egyptians.

I heard those guys were p. much douchebags.

Posted

yeah, wasting tons of marble and money building pyramids...

back on topic, it's still the initial bit I have trouble with XD

Posted

^ this is true. The first part is the most difficult part, but once you do it, it all becomes easier. However, gaining the confidence to ask somone out is not something even the best of advice givers could tell you how to do, that is something that must be done all on your own. Which sucks. bad. Till you get it.

Posted

I don't play the dating game because that's exactly what it is: a game. And games shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't think asking out someone you don't know very well or even at all is a good way to go about it; it sets up certain expectations you wouldn't have in a different situation. I think if two people that know eachother just realize they've fallen in love things tend to work out better.

Posted

Yeah, gaining confidence is a lot easier when you don't have to do anything. Example: a few weeks ago, I was at a concert with my youth group. This girl from another church comes out of nowhere and sits down next to me, introducing herself. She compliments me on my eyes (this happens a lot. I have blue eyes) and strikes up a conversation. Just simple stuff like school, sports, church, and things like that, but it was a conversation none the less.

After the concert ends, she gives me her phone number and tells me to call her.

That was one of the biggest confidence boosts ever, and I didn't have to do anything but reply to questions and keep the conversation going. Even though things didn't work out between us, it still told me that I wasn't hopeless.

Also, dating may seem like a game, but you can't get into a serious relationship unless you play it for a while.

Posted (edited)

Also, dating may seem like a game, but you can't get into a serious relationship unless you play it for a while.

No, you can fall in love with someone you haven't been dating.

I don't think dating is terrible or that it doesn't have certain advantages, but I think that by dating you are trying to be in a certain kind of relationship with that person. I think it's better if you meet someone, become friends, and eventually it just happens.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

A girl said I was "too nice"

I call shenanigans!

Posted

No, you can fall in love with someone you haven't been dating.

I don't think dating is terrible or that it doesn't have certain advantages, but I think that by dating you are trying to be in a certain kind of relationship with that person. I think it's better if you meet someone, become friends, and eventually it just happens.

Yes, you can, however, dating should follow a natural progresson of hanging out with friends, realizxing you lke somone, trial dating to see if it work out and learn more about eachother, then a real relationship. What you are saying is kind of like dating, but without calling it dating.

I.E.- My fiancee and I didn't really start dating off the bat, we met at my workplace. Talked there a bit, had some mutual firends, did some group stuff. We discovered we had a lot in common and liked eachother, so went out on some lunch dates, which turned into concerts and dinners, which turned into me cooking for her at home, and watching movies alone, and what not. One day we just decided to declare ourselve official, which most girls are going to want.

A girl said I was "too nice"

I call shenanigans!

THat girl will come around when she is ookng for something serious, maybe. A lot of girls spend their lives lookng for the bad boy and never get a good guy. Just wait a bit, somone will come along that appreciates your niceness.

Posted (edited)

If you really are a nice guy,you should be with a nice girl who treats you with the same kind of respect that you treat her with.You two should be companions.Be able to depend on each other.Get to know her family.Be friends with her family.If you have a nice girl and a nice guy,it really works out well.A positive plus a positive equals a positive.

Why do you think that Anna and I have been together for a year and 2 months?

This way,it's not like the little "game" that people in schools seem to make it out to be.Don't go for the girl with the hot looks.Go for the girl with the right personality for you.

Besides,those hot looks will probably get old after a few weeks.You won't be able to be happy with just looks.If you're a nice guy,get the nice girl.Not the hot girl.

Kinda off-topic in a way,but it shows that in the end,even if nice guys finish last,at least they finish.The others never get close to the finish line.They just suffer,moving from hot girl to hot girl,instead of actually being smart and nice by finding the right woman.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

True enoughm but you'll never meet the nice girl if you don't know how to approach her and talk to her, even the nice one will shy away from the guy who is nice, but has no self confidence or self worth. Which is really more of what this post is about. Make yourself more open, gain confidence by doing something you're good at, and doing it well, and not settling for a hot girl fling.

P.S.-Erin and I are at 1 1/2 years, proposed on our one year, date is set for after I graduate in two years

Edited by Skippy (see edit history)