What is the hardest boss you have faced?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmm. I'm not sure...

Mario games. - I haven't played many and no.

Zelda games - Not really. They're pretty easy, but hellishly fun.

Oblivion - Depending on how powerful you are, pretty much everything is easy to kill.

Metal Gear Solid. - It's not really a boss, but the button mashing bit at the end was nails. It killed my finger. The bosses were easy though.

Fallout - Haven't faced many bosses.

LittleBigPlanet - Depends how hard I want it to be. ^-^

Uncharted - The showdown at the end was pretty hard.

Final Fantasy - Oh, don't get me started on Final Fantasy.

O.k, after I thought about Final Fantasy, my choice is obvious. It's have to be... One of the bosses from Final Fantasy.

Posted

No wait I've faced harder, and I couldn't beat it for a year. The final boss in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

Posted

Yeah. Turn based RPGs always have the hardest bosses. Paper Mario is a turn based RPG yeah?

Posted

Either that ^

Or the Shadow Queen. Fscking jerk. :cry: Took me months.

No wait I've faced harder, and I couldn't beat it for a year. The final boss in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

There's this strategy where you put your maximum HP to 5, so you're always in Danger, and then you buy Tons of Power Rushes, so your attack power increases incredibly. Along with power Jump, this will take her out in a few seconds, you'd just need a few Life Shrooms for the first three turns of the fake battle. Or use Vivian's Veil and the Cloud Boob lady's cloud move. Or a Repel Cape or whatever makes you invisible.

Posted

Wait. I remember the Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time's final boss was pretty damn hard. It seems so long ago now. What was it? The end of 2005, 2006, 2007?

I can't remember. Wait. Definitely not 2007. I would remember that. But it was a while ago anyway.

Posted

The final boss from Zelda Future is really hard. 12 forms; the last one is 100 times the size of Link and I'm pretty sure we didn't code in his health. His body is so large that he's made up of tiles rather than having his own sprite, and the Master Sword is equal in width to his pores.

Heck yes. And there is no bulwark.

Posted

Final Fantasy III's final boss was really hard.

But Garland. Jeez. He's so difficult, I'm telling you.

Posted

Gohma from OOT so hard.

Posted

Yeah. Lol.

But the thing with Final Fantasy is that, if you're powerful enough, then everything's easy. But that's not the case in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

I haven't played the Game Boy Advance one yet actually... I'm going to find a rom sometime maybe.

Posted

Superion the Tainted- Gunz The Duel

You might not remember the first time you've fought Superion if you play GunZ, but I do.

I had 4 people in my party and me and a hacker were the only ones alive.

I survived

I have other ones, but I can't remember =(

Posted

Whoa! Check out this boss! Mushihimesama! That's the game, not the boss I think.

Posted

Witchking of Angmar(On Pelennor Fields), hard difficulty. Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age.

Either that or the boss in Turtle Rock Mountain whatever the HECK it is in ALTTP.

Only beat the dang thing once... Stoopide son of a beehive >:[

Posted (edited)

Whoa! Check out this boss!

That boss just looks like it has fancy moves, I would probably say one of the bosses from fable 2, but you can cheat on death as many times as you want and that ruins the purpose. Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass bosses are really easy. (though sometimes I forget how to draw the hourglass when battling

beldum

or what ever the boss is called.) The Bosses from Pokemon just have fancy pokemon, nothing to powerful. The case with most other games is the same as the pokemon thing. I can't think of any right now, the only one I can think of is trying to kill random bosses on Age of Empires Age of Mythology, of course you always get a super cheap unit that totally kills the boss without question, so actually that is out of the questions. Maybe Duon from Brawl?

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)

Posted

Bongo-Bongo.

I acutely gave up on him at one time. And I haven't played OoT for a while...so I have not beaten him STILL :cry:

And, I have not gone up to this boss yet, but I have seen my Dad try to beat the Dark Genie from Dark Cloud. He is SO hard to beat.

Posted

Frost Giant, did you even watch the video? It's a 2-D game. The sort where you scroll upwards and shoot. All the purple dots in the video are missiles launched by the boss. Just watch it. You'll see that it is the mother of all bosses.