Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When and how did you first discover Zelda?

75 posts in this topic

Posted

When I was like 9 or 10 i first rented OoT, but when i started playing it for the first time I didn't know what to do so i just didn't play it. XD However, i rented itfor the second time 2 years later and i started a new game, when i go out of theforest for the first time and fought those skeletons for the first time i got sooooo freaked out i just stayed in the forest. XD Now i got OoT on the Virtual consle and now i'm like almost done. :embarrassed:

Posted

my dad sent me a 64 (he doesent live here anymore) with pokemon snap i playd that for a looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng time and then my dad sent me oot and i was hookd, from then on i was like the biggest fan in my school :D

Posted (edited)

when I was 8,My cousin was getting an Xbox(not 360) but he didn't want his N64 games.So,he went to my house and had a whole trash bag filled with N64 games.It contained his N64 and over 60 games!when I was looking through it,I found a gold game.I read it and said "The Legend of Zelda:Majoras Mask" It sounded and looked cool,so I gave it a shot.When first played it,I could not Stop!

Hope you enjoyed my story!

Edited by King of all things mario (see edit history)

Posted

I saw The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker with Collector's Edition pre-owned for

Posted

It was at a birthday party, I think it was, for a family friend's kid when I was six or so (he was turning, I guess it's twelve or thirteen). He, his sister, my brother and my cousin were all having a massive pillow fight in his bedroom, then he started playing Ocarina of Time and we all watched. It was the last battle with Ganon. I remember being so scared of Ganondorf's Exorcist face when he's like, "CURSE YOU!"

Posted

I saw my brother playing it.

Posted

I was at Game Stop and saw the Wind Waker, and had heard many good things about the series so I bought it. (Kind of a bad game to start out on.)

Posted (edited)

lol my first game was A Link To The Past for Super Nintendo. i wasnt really into it at the time until my dad got a 64 and one of the first games he bought was Ocarina Of Time, when it came out. he got to the Deku Tree and quit becuase he couldnt figure out how to use the sheild lol funny, now im completly obsessed with it and can play throguh them easily, and my dad has to use walkthroughs to figure out how to use a shield!!! now he accuses me of "remembering how he did it" lol. sry for keeping going :embarrassed:

Edited by bootson (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

When I was six, my Dad would play "Legend of Zelda", and it was for the Nintendo Entertainment System. I would make him lose his game all the time by kicking the power cord out of the Nintendo's socket. That was funny. Now..Fast forward to when I was nine. My Dad and I got the family's N64 together. I forget when, but we also got Oot together. I remember playing Oot not too long after. And I liked it. I still do to this day ^_^

Edited by Cindy (see edit history)

Posted

Lol, kick the power cord.

Posted

I actually first discovered Zelda from the old cartoon. I used to watch it as a kid.

The first one I ever owned, however, was Ocarina of Time. I was too busy with other games in the 80's and 90's that I didn't bother with any Zelda games until Ocarina.

Posted

My parents bought an NES so I was introduced to the first Zelda game

Posted

My best friend had Zelda 1 and 2 for his Nintendo and I watched him play it a bunch... of course I had to go get it then... I did and I've liked it ever since. I get goosebumps when I hear the music on the opening screens. :D It reminds me of my childhood. Woot.

Posted

I first discovered Zelda back in the mid 90's when I first got a SNES. I played ALTTP and was hooked from there. Before that I had heard about the previous games for NES but I did not own any of them. After ALTTP I moved up to OOT and then MM and finally WW. I'm just glad I have the Zelda Collector's Edition for my GCN so I can play the original NES games. :D

I discovered how good Zeldas are when my Sister's boyfriend gave me The legend of Zelda Collectors Edition. :joy:

Posted

I got hooked on the Zelda since the first one on the NES I remember playing Zelda 1 & 2 when the first one came out i thought for a lil while link was Zelda but i was a lil kid & figured it out when i red threw the game & book