Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World of Hyrule

33 posts in this topic

Posted

This is looking cool. I'm on my way to check it out right now and see what it's looking like at the moment.

Posted

This looks like lots of fun.

Posted

[quote name='Luneth Uchiha' post='198089' date='Jan 21 2009, 06:53 AM']that looks good, but not as good as the Hyrule Online me and PF play.
I've seen those graphics before...trying to remember where[/quote]

You've seen the graphics no where, unless it was on an advertisement by World of Hyrule. If you have no evidence to back up your accusation, I suggest you shut your mouth. Thanks,

Regarding Hyrule.NET's zelda orpg, I heard from someone your using Eclipse?

Check out some previews of our project in our gallery.

[url="http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19"]http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19[/url]

Posted

[quote name='Kreator' post='198344' date='Jan 21 2009, 08:14 PM']You've seen the graphics no where, unless it was on an advertisement by World of Hyrule. If you have no evidence to back up your accusation, I suggest you shut your mouth. Thanks,

Regarding Hyrule.NET's zelda orpg, I heard from someone your using Eclipse?

[url="http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19"]http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19[/url][/quote]
I'm interested in learning a bit more about the inner workings of this game. What kind of game engine are you using? Or are you coding your own? What programming language and libraries are you using?

Posted

[quote name='ArcticFire' post='198355' date='Jan 22 2009, 12:17 PM']I'm interested in learning a bit more about the inner workings of this game. What kind of game engine are you using? Or are you coding your own? What programming language and libraries are you using?[/quote]

All your questions and more are answered on our forum, but regardless I'll answer it anyway.

We have coded our engine from scratch in Visual Basic 6. We are using Direct X 8.

Posted

[quote name='Kreator' post='198375' date='Jan 21 2009, 11:49 PM']All your questions and more are answered on our forum, but regardless I'll answer it anyway.

We have coded our engine from scratch in Visual Basic 6. We are using Direct X 8.[/quote]
Oh, Visual Basic eh? I found that harder to learn than C# or C++, which is quite ironic considering it's name. :embarrassed:

Posted

I joined, got to be in the alpha and then quite when I found out about the corruption amongst the mods.

Posted

[quote name='Kreator' post='198344' date='Jan 22 2009, 02:14 AM']Regarding Hyrule.NET's zelda orpg, I heard from someone your using Eclipse?

[url="http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19"]http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19[/url][/quote]
Yep, me is the guy. :) (May you remember my name from the forums)

It is just... the sever is doggiepooing to go online for other users...

And we tried to convert maps etc from 2.5EE to 2.7EE... it didn't work really... (We use scrolling maps...)

So the project is down for a while... may till 3.0EE comes or I make a 3D MMORPG :P

Posted

3-D would be a bit difficult wouldn't it? I would also like to add that I just don't like the forums on World of Hyrule. Too much corruption. But I guess it's good corruption. Not going around banning people. Anyway, I prefer good old Hyrule.net. :D

Posted

[quote name='Bathykolpian' post='198415' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:04 PM']3-D would be a bit difficult wouldn't it? I would also like to add that I just don't like the forums on World of Hyrule. Too much corruption. But I guess it's good corruption. Not going around banning people. Anyway, I prefer good old Hyrule.net. :D[/quote]
FTW! :D :P

(deleted by my self text)

Anyways,

I just go use copyright protected models form ninty...

Joke...

Anyways,
One day my friend... one day there will be a 3D MMORPG :D

I hope I have access to use models form Ninty and make TP Online :P but... it never will happen...

Posted

Don't deny that it would be freaking brilliant though. Don't give up the dream Adr990, don't give up the dream.

Posted

[quote name='Bathykolpian' post='198405' date='Jan 23 2009, 04:13 AM']I joined, got to be in the alpha and then quite when I found out about the corruption amongst the mods.[/quote]

According to Bathykolpian, a gamemaker is corrupt if we use a swearword. (we told someone not to advertise their shitty games on our site). Not sure what his problem is, but after threatening to drag the whole community down and give us a bad name by spreading dirt about us on all other sites, he won't ever be welcome there again.

EDIT- And we are not moderators. We are the founders of world of Hyrule, and developers of it. Sheesh, how many times must we tell you.

Posted

[quote name='Kreator' post='198510' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:11 PM']According to Bathykolpian, a gamemaker is corrupt if we use a swearword. (we told someone not to advertise their shitty games on our site). Not sure what his problem is, but after threatening to drag the whole community down and give us a bad name by spreading dirt about us on all other sites, he won't ever be welcome there again.

EDIT- And we are not moderators. We are the founders of world of Hyrule, and developers of it. Sheesh, how many times must we tell you.[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like bad form for an [i]administrator[/i] to use swear words on his own forums, especially if he forbids other posters from doing so. I'm just saying.
It looks interesting, but I think I'm going to hold out for Hyrule Online.

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='198514' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:35 PM']Yeah, it looks like bad form for an [i]administrator[/i] to use swear words on his own forums, especially if he forbids other posters from doing so. I'm just saying.
It looks interesting, but I think I'm going to hold out for Hyrule Online.[/quote]

Perhaps I should expand on it then.

As stated even so by our members, we are not super strict as to punish those for swearing. If its not for the sake of it, and if its not insulting anyone, I have no problem with it. And in case you wonder what the word was, it was 'shitty'. I'm not sure how young Bathykolpian is, perhaps he is young and that was the reason he was so offended. Although I'm not sure that would be the case, because the threats he made weren't those I'd expect from a child.

Posted

Well.... I think i can tolerate Hyrule.net new 2dmmmorpg's name!

Yes, tolerate, why? cause i made a mmorpg named World Of Hyrule Too;P (Just its closed ^^ until a new version :P)
www.xtremeworlds.com