Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Republicans

53 posts in this topic

Posted

The Urban Dictionary

Discuss, maggots.

Posted (edited)

THAT'S BULL PIT! I'll have you know I vote for the Republican party, but I can't vote. either way I'm atheist. If republicans push Christian believes then wouldn't I be Christian as well?

Therefore the Urban Dictionary is nothing, but a bunch of dirty, lying democrats making up fake articles to make republicans look bad.

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

If you'll please note, there were cracks at you republicans other than religious beliefs. Besides, you're only a republican because you watch fox news and don't know any better.

Edited by Min (see edit history)

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You know what's funny? I'm a Republican, yet I'm not a bigot or a homophobe.

Also, I don't push my Christian beliefs into other people. If they follow another religion, I respect that. I also don't support war.

I also don't use "thou shalt not kill" as an excuse for not supporting abortion. I don't support abortion because it's killing a defenseless, innocent baby who hasn't even had a chance at life yet. I understand if it was a pregnancy caused by rape, but otherwise, why would you want to do that?

Also, not all republicans are rich, and I actually don't want to be rich. Once I'm rich, I end up spoiled, and later on in life, my child ends up spoiled.

And for God's sake, not all republicans use incorrect English like the quote at the bottom suggests.

Really, it's all just stereotyping that they just pulled out of their asses. I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

Posted (edited)

Guys, not all Republicans are Christians and whatnot. Those are stereotypes. Stereotypes tend to have a lot of truth, though, but there are exceptions to almost everything.

The important thing to remember is that it's okay to make fun of large political parties, because in America at least, they are jokes in and of themselves. America was founded on individuality. Aligning yourself and adhering to a major political party is going against the ideas America was founded on.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

America was founded on individuality. Aligning yourself and adhering to a major political party is going against the ideas America was founded on.

But seriously, if you want to align yourself to a major political party, go straight ahead.

And honestly. Urban dictionary? Thats worse than wikipedia. And far too biased.

Posted

Meh, I'm a conservative, but I'm going to keep my distance from the Republican party. Both parties are dying, it's just hard to tell because they're both dying at about the same rate.

I believe in principles over party. The Republican party is shirking conservative principles. To many republicans in Congress have turned into wussies.

/rant

Posted

Silly geese. Everyone knows the Green Party is the way to go.

Posted

Silly geese. Everyone knows the Green Party is the way to go.

Vote for Nader!!!

Posted

Nader is a waste of money. He might be a great president or whatever, but he won't win. All the money spent on campaigning for him should just go to something charitable.

Posted

Nader is a waste of money. He might be a great president or whatever, but he won't win. All the money spent on campaigning for him should just go to something charitable.

I'm really just joking, but was Nader still campaigning in the last election?

Odd, I never heard a word about him.

Posted (edited)

The Urban Dictionary

Discuss, maggots.

This.

And This.

Most people actually don't have any real knowledge on political parties unless they are very involved with the government and policies. People throw out harsh stereotypes on what a Republican is, but all they ever mention are hot debates that can be found everywhere. Being a Republican isn't black and white- there are many different levels and types, just as there are in any political party. There aren't shades of gray- being a Republican (or any other party) is multicolored.

Republicans who are homophobes and war hungry and whatnot are not like that because of their stance in politics, but because of their own beliefs. They'd be like that even if the Republican party didn't exist, and it's really sad that they give the entire Republican party a bad name. What's even more saddening is that people are stupid enough to judge most, if not all, Republicans based on these bad apples. Not all Republicans believe the same thing or support/disagree on the same issues. I find it funny that so many people claim to be a Democrat just because they don't want to be labeled with all the stereotypes that come with being a Republican. If you're going to claim a political party, do some research. Unbiased, real research. Don't let your decisions be based on your party, either. Instead, make decisions based on what you believe is right.

I support homosexuality and homosexual marriage.

I support people believing in wtfever religion (or lack of) they want.

I support going to war to defend freedom for ANY country.

I support abortion.

I am a Republican.

Edited by Zeruda (see edit history)

Posted

I don't support homosexuality.

I support belief in Christianity.

I support going to war to defend freedom for any country.

I don't support abortion.

I am a republican.

Did I just prove her point? I think I did :zelda:

Posted

If you'll please note, there were cracks at you republicans other than religious beliefs. Besides, you're only a republican because you watch fox news and don't know any better.

I don't watch fox news. It bores me. Like all news.

Posted (edited)

Zeruda, you're right about major political parties having a broad spectrum of beliefs, but can you (not you specifically) really call yourself a republican based on the fact that you follow something such as their economic ideas and not much else? I understand that you might be generalizing the majority of your beliefs, but I think it's better to try not to put yourself there. I mean, for a long time letting loose the word "communism" was a sort of fear tactic, but ideas are shared by many political parties and the individuals among them. If this is true, what's the point of grouping yourself into extremes? Why not just be an individual and vote for the candidate with whom you share the majority of your political views? Not to mention this would put and end to people that vote a party across the ballot without even knowing anything about the candidates.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)