Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Republicans

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Silly geese. Everyone knows the Green Party is the way to go.

Party green A.K.A Commie party. Really, Nader doesn't belive in property rights.

Posted

Sorry if I sound sarcastic here, I REALLY don't mean it that way. I was just wondering: Which party is the leading party in the U.S. again?

Posted

Sorry if I sound sarcastic here, I REALLY don't mean it that way. I was just wondering: Which party is the leading party in the U.S. again?

The two major ones are the Republicans and Democrats. Obama is a Democrat, and he's the current United States president, so...I'd say Democrats are on top right now.

Posted

Ah. I see.

Posted

Your sarcasm cuts me like a knife.

Posted

Interestingly enough, I found the definition for democrat on urban dictionary to be just as bad.

What's with all the party stereotyping anyway? It only makes you look worse when you make generalizations like that.

Posted (edited)

But seriously, if you want to align yourself to a major political party, go straight ahead.

And honestly. Urban dictionary? Thats worse than wikipedia. And far too biased.

Wow, I take one crack at republicans and the world's yipping at my heels. I should add a definition of my own and include that they have no sense of humor.

I never said that democrats are any better. In my opinion, politics in itself is hypocritical.

Let me clear some things up. I don't care what the puppy you think, as long as you don't try to make other people believe it. This thread was created as a joke, if you haven't noticed already. It should have been apparent at "urban dictionary". In no way was I relying on the urban dictionary. This thread was created to make fun of republicans for the rednecks they are. Not to separate people. Because republicans aren't people, just miniature bibles that can talk.

Again joking. If you took that seriously, I actually will post a definition of republicans that will include your worst feature. I don't care that you support needless civilian casualties in foreign countries, as long as you can take a joke.

Edited by Min (see edit history)

Posted

I'm sorry, but sometimes I can't tell if some one's joking or being serious.

Posted

It's like nobody even reads what I say. >:/

Posted

Chameleon is right, you should vote for the person who you believe is right, not just someone from your political party.

If you're going to do that, you might as well not even watch the news to see the events of their campaigns or read up on them, even if the person on the opposite side sounds like he'd be a better choice.

And Min, if you want to post your own definition of a republican, go ahead. I could use a laugh.

Posted (edited)

I am a Republican.

You know, for some reason after seeing your general personality towards things, I totally thought you were a Republican. ;/

It's true they're not all black-and-white. Like this guy.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="385">

This gave me some hope for the strong stereotype of Republicans being changed for the better, but it doesn't seem like that'll happen anytime soon. Even though they're not ALL like the stereotype, there is nothing but a pattern in the more strong Republicans. And without power, even the Republicans with the best intent will never drag the party out of their mire of being stereotyped with homophobia and blind Christianity.

* The Patriot Act is used to track terrorist activity. (Sep 2004)

* Homosexuality is incompatible with military service. (Sep 2004)

* Support the advancement of women in the military. (Sep 2004)

* States should not recognize gay marriage from other states. (Sep 2004)

* Affirmative Access, without preferences or set-asides. (Sep 2004)

* Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)

* Strong support for traditional definition of marriage. (Aug 2000)

* Let Boy Scouts exercise free speech (ok to ban gays). (Aug 2000)

* Women exempt from combat; “candid analysis” of military gays. (Aug 2000)

-ontheissues.com

The history of many more powerful Republicans have followed similar records.

However, the Republican party has not recognized a stance on Abortion officially, apparently.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

I'm a Democratic Republican. I agree with both parties on certain issues. I think strict information gathering techniques (torture if you can call it that) is necessary. But the last 8 years have seen our once great country sink into a deep pit, that's why I voted for Obama, I wasn't swayed by his "Change you can believe in" stuff, I just wanted to see what the Democrats could do. And I HATE Fox News with a passion, Bill O'Reilly us a pompous, opinioned jerk, and Glenn Beck is certifiably insane. Whoever game him his own show is irresponsible to the point of absurdity.

Posted (edited)

I'm a Democratic Republican. I agree with both parties on certain issues. I think strict information gathering techniques (torture if you can call it that) is necessary. But the last 8 years have seen our once great country sink into a deep pit, that's why I voted for Obama, I wasn't swayed by his "Change you can believe in" stuff, I just wanted to see what the Democrats could do. And I HATE Fox News with a passion, Bill O'Reilly us a pompous, opinioned jerk, and Glenn Beck is certifiably insane. Whoever game him his own show is irresponsible to the point of absurdity.

I really don't like the representation of other republicans that politicians have given us, though. A lot of us are different, but we've got these people in office.

You think, "Well, why don't you run for an office and do something about it?"

A lot of us have goals of our own in life. I don't want to be a bloodsucking parasite. I want to be a musician. If I didn't have that goal, I might have stepped up when I came of age

And plus, I hate politicians. They're corrupt and don't seem to have any honor.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)

Posted

Just because I'm a republican doesn't mean I only vote republican. I think it's stupid to vote for someone based on a political party and not what they actually believe in. Of course, politicians lie more than my little brother so it's hard to tell what they believe in sometimes.

Posted

However, the Republican party has not recognized a stance on Abortion officially, apparently.

That's because the Republicans that make up the "official" stances are a bunch of weenies.

And I HATE Fox News with a passion, Bill O'Reilly us a pompous, opinioned jerk, and Glenn Beck is certifiably insane. Whoever game him his own show is irresponsible to the point of absurdity.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but it would seem a majority of people who watch cable news would disagree with you.

Oh, and to everybody who voted for Obama or would have voted for Obama if they could vote... how's that working out for you?