Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Republicans

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Not as well as I had hoped, but at least it's no draft!

Posted (edited)

Oh, and to everybody who voted for Obama or would have voted for Obama if they could vote... how's that working out for you?

I'm sure McCain/Palin would have been so much better :fear: . A man that hits low and sacrifices his values to get votes and appeal to the far right and the most under qualified candidate I could ever imagine. A soccer mom running the country? Seriously? Did someone mistake a hollywood script for fact?

Does it make people feel better to see the country and its citizens hurting just so you can say 'Ha I told you so!'? If Obama fails, we all fail. :(

Anyways, if we are going to throw money at problems, I'd rather it be hopefully on infrastructure here rather than for other countries. Gonna burn a million dollars? Better to burn it for your campfire than to burn it in a hole for an ostrich. There are no easy solutions.

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

Whether I like Obama or not, he has a terrible responsibility. He's human, he'll make mistakes. He may even fail miserably. But he doesn't deserve to be bashed, and neither did Bush.

To anyone who has anything to say about his character or actions:

Yeah, you're so much better a person and would do so much better in his position. Why oh why, you god-like person, have you not run for president sooner?

Posted (edited)

A soccer mom running the country? Seriously? Did someone mistake a hollywood script for fact?

Engaging in stereotypes now, are we? How... progressive of you.

And, yes, saying I told you so helps to dull the pain.

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

Ok think about this. In 2000, or 2004 if all the events happend they would say that president would suck. If McCain was voted they would say he sucks. It's nearly impossible to say that there is a perfect president.

Posted (edited)

Palin herself said she was a stereotypical soccer mom.

The stereotype for a soccer mom is not what I want running a country. She essentially was saying she is not smart or qualified, she is just a normal lady.

Normal intelligence, unexerienced people are not qualified for President. We need the top of our country up there, not the average (or below average).

If you owned a company, would you pick a below average to average person to run your company? HECK NO! That's suicide!

Also, PIE. :cry:

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

Ok think about this. In 2000, or 2004 if all the events happend they would say that president would suck. If McCain was voted they would say he sucks. It's nearly impossible to say that there is a perfect president.

Do you even know what Bush was doing during the events of September 11, 2001?

At least Both Obama and Biden know that Africa is a Continent, not a country. Palin was far inferior to Bush, even on the intelligence scale.

Posted

I've got to be honest. I'm a big republican, and even I didn't want that wacko Palin in the White House.

Posted

At least Both Obama and Biden know that Africa is a Continent, not a country. Palin was far inferior to Bush, even on the intelligence scale.

Well don't remember, but wasn't he reading a book to childern during the time of the event?

Posted

How awkward would that be? To be reading to kids and well... you know.

Posted

Palin herself said she was a stereotypical soccer mom.

The stereotype for a soccer mom is not what I want running a country. She essentially was saying she is not smart or qualified, she is just a normal lady.

Normal intelligence, unexerienced people are not qualified for President. We need the top of our country up there, not the average (or below average).

If you owned a company, would you pick a below average to average person to run your company? HECK NO! That's suicide!

Average intelligence > sub-average intelligence. Therefore, Palin > Obama and 99% of all other politicians.

Hey, at least Palin knows there are only fifty states in the country, and not 57. You know, like Obama said.

Posted

How awkward would that be? To be reading to kids and well... you know.

Yeah, but it's not like he had any idea it was going to happen.

Posted

Ummm...interesting page. I don't like social conservatism and the stupider Republican beliefs (like being anti-abortion and for the death penalty, cutting taxes then increasing military spending...), but I think they're lumping Evangelical conservatives in with the others a bit too readily. Fiscal conservatism is the way to go IMHO.

Posted

Ummm...interesting page. I don't like social conservatism and the stupider Republican beliefs (like being anti-abortion and for the death penalty, cutting taxes then increasing military spending...), but I think they're lumping Evangelical conservatives in with the others a bit too readily. Fiscal conservatism is the way to go IMHO.

The fetus hasn't killed anyone, and before the Bush tax cuts the wealthiest 1% paid 37% of the nation's taxes, after the Bush tax cuts, the wealthiest 1% paid 39% of the nation's taxes. So guess what that means. Lower tax rates are better for the economy and lead to more revenue. Which we can then spend on the military, which does a hell of a lot more for the country than any bail-outs ever will.

Sooo... anything else to say?

Posted

Yes. I'm pregnent.