Does Anyone Actually Favor Majora's Mask?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

I love how you have to refight the bosses in MM. The only problem is that MM bosses are pretty lame. I would kill to fight Bongo-Bongo as many times as I wanted after moving on. I think MM is really cool though. It's fun to use the masks, and Fierce Deity=AWESOME!!!

Posted

When I get a new controller and finish Sper Mario 64, I will restart this game and finish it, I don't think I ever did.

Posted

I love how you have to refight the bosses in MM. The only problem is that MM bosses are pretty lame. I would kill to fight Bongo-Bongo as many times as I wanted after moving on. I think MM is really cool though. It's fun to use the masks, and Fierce Deity=AWESOME!!!

The bosses are lame? Goht is one of the coolest boos fights I've ever done! Okay, he's not really difficult, but there's no boss in Zelda history like him.

Also Odolwa was pretty tough. I had a hard time beating him. Don't know for the other two yet cause I haven't beaten them myself.

Posted

I found the fish guy pretty hard. I can't remember his name though. I haven't played it in forever. Well I'm playing it, but I don't want to do the alien part again. :(

Posted (edited)

I liked Majora's Mask a lot though it took some time for me to value the game properly. I didn't like it the first time I played it (probably because I was expecting a new Ocarina of Time). But after some lay-off time I picked it up again and was completely hooked.

Some elements that make this Zelda game truly amazing are:

- the dark mood in this game.

It's so dark that at moments I felt the chill and fear and I actually was surprised Nintendo made this game. Really good storytelling in the game. Aswell as a good sense of time (at some point you are even experiencing a rush mood as you're fighting the closing deadline).

- the mask changes.

Being able to change to different entities really made the game feel much deeper and extensive (each chapter felt like a new game). Each entity had different multiple skillsets and added a new layer to the puzzles. And collecting all masks is fun with a great reward at the end!

- the characters.

You really begin to feel for the characters at some point as their doom is becoming more visible each time (read 'as the moon is approaching more closely'). You feel relieved each time when you played the song of time and gave the characters some more time to live.

- difficulty.

Zelda games normally aren't that hard, but this game is! The time limit this game introduces complicates things a lot (in a good way). You really have to tactically spend your time and know when to continue or when to reset.

In the end, Majora's Mask is different than all the other Zelda games (no Ganondorf, Triforce, different mood etc) and you will appreciate that over time when you played all the other Zelda games.

Edited by wesly (see edit history)

Posted

Majora's Mask is my favorite zelda game out of them all, Also like WW and Oot. And Saq where in the world did you get all that from it took forever too read but I do agree with you.

Posted

i dont like it to mutch because u have three days and i keep playing that song but nothing happens. :cry:

Posted

i dont like it to mutch because u have three days and i keep playing that song but nothing happens. :cry:

Nothing happens whats that mean you cant go back in time or something?

Posted

Nothing happens whats that mean you cant go back in time or something?

no i play the song im still link i have everything i needed.

but when i go back to the deku temple i have to do everything over again. :(

Posted

oh do you play the inverted song of time before going in?

Posted

oh do you play the inverted song of time before going in?

do you mean the duke temple where the monkey is or the one where u need to fight the boss.

im at that temple in the swamp. you need to play that one song to go in.

Posted

No. That's the song that slows down time.

Posted

oh. then what song is it.

Posted

No he was saying the inverted(backwards) song of time slows down time I think it gives you like twice as much time since the clocks speed is about half after playing the song.

Posted

ooooh. ok let me try it.

wait i dont think i have that song :embarrassed:

where do you get it?