Should hugs be banned?

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I hug as an after greeting (with only my closest friends) or just when my same friends want to or I want to and it's all friendly. I mean come on, it's just a hug! Hugs are just friendly in the way most [middle school] kids do it.

Posted

i think that they (the parents/faculty) should just get over it/get a life

Posted

THE HUGNESS IS STRONG IN THIS ONE!!

-------> :tingle:

LOLOLOLOL

Posted

Actually, physical contact of any sort has always been banned in my school district. Physical contact is apparently disruptive to the school atmosphere. Repeated violation is also considered insubordination and will be handled as such.

Also, the school board has desperately tried to increase class time, taking away our break this year(or should I say last year?) at my school. They were also considering reducing the 5 minute period in between classes in which we go to our lockers, socialize, go to the bathroom, etc, to 4 minutes.

What's going on is that they're trying to strip away our opportunities to socialize. They believe that more class time is the key to better education, when, in truth, it's the key to pissing off the teachers and irritating the students. We go to school, or public school at least, to learn about academics and to INTERACT WITH OTHERS(AKA to SOCIALIZE). If we don't teach ourselves to socialize and get along, how will we make good impressions when we're trying to get that big job? If they take away all of our time to socialize, what will happen? Nothing good, that's for certain.

Posted

They also banned hugs at my school.

Yet I still see it going on all the time. As long as it doesn't lead further, it's really ok

Posted (edited)

^Yeah. People still hug here. Though I don't like it when people hug me. >_< Unless it's a girl then that'd be cool, but when guys hug me, it scares the crap out of me.

It's not that I'm a homophobe, but creepy enough let's just say I feel something. :fear:

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Whether it is satire or not, a lot schools are actually banning hugs as mentioned in the article and by others here...

So sad. It's a shame that students get their constitutional rights taken away and they have no recourse. It would be awesome if someone sued for the legal right to hug. :joy:

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah. It's bogus. Hugs are supposed to make people feel better.

Posted

What would my friends do if hugs got banned... *thinks for a second then shudders*

Posted

It's not that I'm a homophobe, but creepy enough let's just say I feel something. :fear:

Posted (edited)

...Rofl.

Rain, you're a genius.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

This one's better:

Posted

ROFL!!!

Rain sometimes im not ashamed to know you... ;)

Posted

ROFL!!!

Rain sometimes im not ashamed to know you... ;)

My work here is obviously done then.

Posted (edited)

:P

And I don't think hugs should be banned.

Edited by Onrefni (see edit history)